Proposal: NYR/MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Skjei for Drouin 1 for 1, both signed to reasonable contracts, Habs need a Dman and Rangers need a forward.

Is this a joke? Skjei is overpaid and has never lived up to his contract. No way do i give up anything of value for him.

NYR take this and run!

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
rather have Poehling as the return for Skjei
having Suzuki and Kotkaniemi, Habs trade from strength for need

Habs fans here can be dismissive of Skjei, but he actually is the type of 2-way, well-skating, top 4 LHD which Habs seem to have been seeking for 2-3 years

Reactions: Maitz

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Drouin doesn't produce nearly enough for the Rangers to give up their only Top 4 LHD in a trade for him

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Habs fans here can be dismissive of Skjei, but he actually is the type of 2-way, well-skating, top 4 LHD which Habs seem to have been seeking for 2-3 years

Really, he's the 30 point LHD we have been seeking? lol

I find him overpaid for what he brings. Why do NYR always include him in trades???

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
...Why do NYR always include (Skjei) in trades???

because you trade from depth for need -
at LHD , NYR have Staal for another season, Lindgren has grabbed a job,
Hajek and Rykov waiting in Hartford,
Reuanen coming from Finland in summer, possibly along with recent LHD high picks turning pro Roberston from WHL and Miller from NCAA
along with possibility of sliding DeAngelo to his off-side, to provide major ice-time for all 3 RHD - Fox, ADA, Trouba

so Skjei, through no fault of his own, has become less essential
even tho young, proven, not overpaid, and earning 20+ mins/game in all situations

NYR fans (like all fans here probably) have seen this story before,
of fan-posters demeaning an asset when its proposed,
but then appreciating the guy once he is on their team
- see Pionk in 'peg and Miller w 'nucks ...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Reuanen coming from Finland in summer, possibly along with recent LHD high picks turning pro Roberston from WHL and Miller from NCAA
along with possibility of sliding DeAngelo to his off-side, to provide major ice-time for all 3 RHD - Fox, ADA, Trouba

even tho young, proven, not overpaid, and earning 20+ mins/game in all situations

Still don't see the LHD depth you speak of. Staal is a bottom pairing D, Lindgren is still unproven and DeAngelo is primarly a right-side D.

Habs have Chiarot and Mete with Romanov likely in the fold next season. Habs don't need an overpaid LHD. If Weber is out for the longterm, they will need a RHD.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Boy I hope Romanov is gonna be a good LHD for the Habs. He’s already being called upon to save the left side of their defense. If you don’t consider the Rangers being deep by considering their prospects at LD then the Canadiens certainly aren’t either

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Habs need a top pairing LHD and/or a top RHD prospect. Skjei is neither

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
K fine, i like skjei, he works well w trouba. Trading him, but not for a well paid guy, could make it possible to retain kreider
Anyway, i really only joined this to say i'd prefer a younger asset than drouin

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'd trade Skjei for a 7th if it meant taking him away from Trouba.

Then I'd trade Trouba for a 7th when I see it had nothing to do with Skjei. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I think Brady would be better in a different system, on a different team, but if we're making room on the left side, I'd like to see a better LD come in instead of a forward.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Habs need a top pairing LHD and/or a top RHD prospect. Skjei is neither

Drouin isn’t getting you a true top pairing defenseman.

I’d probably do it as a Ranger fan because I’m not a big Skjei guy but I wouldn’t be likely to sweeten the pot. Both teams likely stick to what they have.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

this^
+ I want cap space

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

I’d probably do it as a Ranger fan because I’m not a big Skjei guy but I wouldn’t be likely to sweeten the pot. Both teams likely stick to what they have.

The Habs definitely stick with Drouin as they have no desire to trade him. NYR definitely make this trade because its a huge steal for a guy who hasn't lived up to his contract.

Its obvious why Skjei is in so many trade threads - its because the NYR fans want cap space.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Yeah, we’re happy with Drouin

Rangers need a top RH or LH forward . Drouin is neither so its a fair trade i guess.

Maybe it is for New York but Montreal has no interest in Skjei if the price is Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad