Confirmed with Link: [NYR/MTL] Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It's a common mistake. 99% of the people on this forum don't know the difference between "then" and "than".

English is not even my primary language, but it bugs me when people don't know the difference between:

there/they're/their
though, tough, thought, taught
then/than

And what bugs me most, is when people use "of" instead of "have". Example: I should of walked up to him

Oh well, I guess some people will never learn ;)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Then and than can be just a typo though. Good and well not so much. I expect better from a GM of a pro sports team.

It can be, but if you actually pay attention to it, you'll see that almost every single time on these forums, they are used incorrectly. It's pretty amazing really. I would think more people would get it right just by accident.

It's obvious we don't have many programmers around here, since there are so many If/Than statements lol.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
It can be, but if you actually pay attention to it, you'll see that almost every single time on these forums, they are used incorrectly. It's pretty amazing really. I would think more people would get it right just by accident.

It's obvious we don't have many programmers around here, since there are so many If/Than statements lol.

If / then is only for Visual Basic (bleh). It's usually just if in almost all programming languages. ;)

Okay, let try to get back on topic. :)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
No, technically, it isn't. Fast is an adverb as well as an adjective. Hell, that usage is in the Oxford dictionary. Look at definition 2. http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/fast_2

It's also a noun :sarcasm:

Fast_J_0913_Watch1.jpg

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Come here to learn more about Thomas, and leave with a grammar lesson. Thanks guys.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's also a noun :sarcasm:

I don't know why I find that picture creepy, but I do.

I'm excited to see what competition for spots there is in camp. We already felt like Fast, Lindberg, and Miller were going to be the most competitive. Is Kristo in that group now too? Or do we feel he's going to need to start the year getting some seasoning in Hartford?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't know why I find that picture creepy, but I do.

I'm excited to see what competition for spots there is in camp. We already felt like Fast, Lindberg, and Miller were going to be the most competitive. Is Kristo in that group now too? Or do we feel he's going to need to start the year getting some seasoning in Hartford?

Hard to say. I haven't seen him play since the 2010 WJC. He didn't do much in 9 games in the AHL last year, but I don't read too much into that given the circumstances.

He seems similar to Miller in terms of play style and we have holes to fill with Cally and Hagelin recovering from surgery. Fast and Lindberg may need time to adjust to the smaller ice, but Kristo might need time to adjust to the pros.

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers brass and reporters have been saying this about a few of their prospects this offseason. Training camp ought to be very exciting! I'm looking forward to it!

i cant wait for this years training camp either.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
this move makes alot of sense with the Krieder - Stepan connection...

hope this guy can make the team..

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Rangers brass and reporters have been saying this about a few of their prospects this offseason. Training camp ought to be very exciting! I'm looking forward to it!

Kreider
McIlrath
Fast
Lindberg
Kristo
..are the ones I'll be watching most closely. I'm sure there will be a couple of surprises though.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Hrivik, Yogan, Miller are very close as well.

Yes, Miller should be added to the list. Hrivik and Yogan I'm still kind of meh on, but we shall see. In any case a pretty well rounded group of prospect with a decent shot at NHL minutes next year.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Thomas was one of my favorite prospects, along with Yogan and MSC, sad to see him go.
I don't watch NCAA so I don't know much about Monty :))), but from what I read it's a good trade.

Mr Atoz*

They should have just traded first names.

Then you'd have Christian Kristo and Danny Thomas.

Garden Mystique

Jul 11, 2009
Jersey Shore
Larry brooks writes in new york post the rangers feel they " absolutely stole" Kristo from Montreal

And I read Leslie Treff said that with the acquisition of Danny Kristo for Christian Thomas says the rangers keep taking Montreal to the cleaners

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Larry brooks writes in new york post the rangers feel they " absolutely stole" Kristo from Montreal

And I read Leslie Treff said that with the acquisition of Danny Kristo for Christian Thomas says the rangers keep taking Montreal to the cleaners

Hopefully Kristo is the second coming of Montreal's McDonagh misjudgement.

Eager to see him and a lot of others in preseason.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd be surprised if Kristo stepped right in and was successful out of the gate. If Cally and Hagelin are out to start the season, I'm sure he'll get a long look. However, he was so-so in his small stint in Hamilton this year.

That being said, there's a lot to like about the tools this kid has. I don't think he's quite as agitating as a Brad Marchand, but the speed, release, and playmaking abilities are there. He's certainly not afraid to mix it up physically. The existing chemistry with Stepan is a nice bonus. If Stepan winds up with two finishers in Kreider and Kristo that he has natural chemistry with, that could be really, really exciting to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad