Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Micheal Haley signs with the Rangers (1 year, $700k, 2-way)

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Please keep him the entire year. Deboer and Wilson can’t help themselves

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Very simple. He'll be thrilled to be paid and scratched for however long it lasts. If he has to play a few games he knows how. This way the prospects can play their way to the NHL instead of sitting.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Bodyguard for the press box? What’s the purpose of a bodyguard if he doesn’t play
CBB4E65A-D6EE-40A2-9C63-EC5AC74E5A2D.gif

Reactions: Nico Hischier

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dumb penalty waiting to happen.

Good for Haley, but I'm honestly pretty surprised a NHL team gave him a contract.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, it's not the Rangers' fault DeBoer had a love affair with this guy.

You could do worse for a 13th forward. Particularly for a young group. Not so much for guys like Thornton, Burns, etc.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Luke Schenn once went end to end and put it top cheese on Tim Thomas. The sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while.
I remember that goal, second of the night! Haley could have done that. He probably would have gone off the bar so we could hear that sweet ring as he threw his hands up to celebrate.

This is gonna be a big year for Haley..
4 goals, 8 assists and 284 PIM.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I thought I’d read that it’s a two way deal.

You could do worse as a 13th forward. He’s a guy you don’t mind sitting for a stretch, but can be used in tough divisional games.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Quinn wants the Rangers defending themselves. He's not comfortable just depending on the refs for on ice justice. We have a lot of kids who are going to be a big part of our future. The Rangers don't want them to be continually targeted.

The second point is that though guys like Lemieux or DeAngelo have shown they can fight the Rangers don't want either of them constantly in situations on the ice or defending their teammates against guys much bigger or tougher than they are. The Rangers want both of Lemieux, DeAngelo to be players first and not necessarily protectors.

Reactions: Wease

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->