Confirmed with Link: [NYR/LA] Lias Andersson for 60th overall 2020

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just want the Kings to play him for 60 full minutes vs. NYR and just send him to the front of the net to let people bang pucks off him at this point

Reactions: Telos and kilowatt

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The silver medal thing is a little over blown... when the pro team I was involved with finished 2nd the runners up medals were left around the dressing room as no one was interested. I gave a couple of my friends who were fans and I think most of them were binned. The medal would have been appreciated far more by whomever caught it than by him or any of his teammates.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
...and the Angels, Rams, and UCLA basketball had Dick Enberg.
Dick Enberg and Don Drysdale were a great duo. With so much dead air time in a baseball game these two were masters at keeping you in the game. Don was from Van Nuys but had that Texas drawl. He played off Dick's quick wit. Also I loved Bob with Dan Avey which had a similar style. Really showing my age writing this.
These announcers like Alex Faust just feels scripted.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dick Enberg and Don Drysdale were a great duo. With so much dead air time in a baseball game these two were masters at keeping you in the game. Don was from Van Nuys but had that Texas drawl. He played off Dick's quick wit. Also I loved Bob with Dan Avey which had a similar style. Really showing my age writing this.
These announcers like Alex Faust just feels scripted.

OH MY!!!

Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen were always great doing the Rose Bowl as well.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
The silver medal thing is a little over blown... when the pro team I was involved with finished 2nd the runners up medals were left around the dressing room as no one was interested. I gave a couple of my friends who were fans and I think most of them were binned. The medal would have been appreciated far more by whomever caught it than by him or any of his teammates.

I think it was as well. Certainly the criticism is understandable, but watching the video and then of him in tears right after... it's hard to dislike that type of emotion. Also I was reading an article about him bailing from the NA. As it's been said, according to him, he didn't not want to play in the AHL. It sounded more like a young kid who wasn't adjusting to life away from home very well.

Reactions: Statto

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Well, if anyone can help him improve his skating, it's going to have to be Craig Johnson. His skating and kneeing Deadmarsh in the head on accident to basically end his career are the most notable things about Craig's time in LA.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Forgot that it was Lias who threw his silver medial into the crowd right after receiving it...

Hey at least the grubby dude who got it and was busy getting social media stardom decided to make it it got back to him.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think at this point it's a gamble for either team. The Kings realistically have a shorter shelf life with opportunity given the guys age. I've learned to not put too much stock into draft position. I also don't follow prospects so I have no insight on either player. Although statistically you are likely to get a better player the higher they are drafted, there are no guarnatees. The Kings have also done pretty well in the 2nd to 4th rounds over the past 10 years from my recollection. Again, i could be wrong with that and it's still purely anecdotal.

I don't know much about this kid other than the incident where he threw his silver medal into the stands in anger or frustration. I had mixed feelings about that. It seems like a poor sport / grandstanding action but i can also respect the disappointment, competiveness and the fact that he cared that much. I'd like to chalk that up to a kid that needs to get his ass kicked (literally or figuratively) to know where he stands.

I remember that incident. Crazy how that was a precursor to the issues that the Rangers had. All I have read is how he is uncoachable.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Forgot that it was Lias who threw his silver medial into the crowd right after receiving it...

Hey at least the grubby dude who got it and was busy getting social media stardom decided to make it it got back to him.

Tossing the silver medal into the stands didn't show much poise, especially from a captain. I hope Andersson has gained some maturity since then.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
There are some Tukonen parallels here. Tukonen just was not emotionally prepared to move to North America.

You would hope these things are sorted out predraft, but the Kings scouting at that time was essentially a printout of central scouting rankings.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
There are some Tukonen parallels here. Tukonen just was not emotionally prepared to move to North America.

You would hope these things are sorted out predraft, but the Kings scouting at that time was essentially a printout of central scouting rankings.
It's important for an organization to have a support system for the younger guys, especially when they are coming to live in America from Europe.

I think the Kings had veteran players who "billeted" Kopitar in his first season, and I believe they did it with Doughty as well. At least I don't think Simmonds and Doughty became roommates until their second season with the Kings.

I wonder if the Rangers had a similar arrangement worked out for Andersson.

Reactions: Token

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I was expecting a few to freak out about this trade, like they did when the Kings traded a late 2nd for Brad Richardson. This was a very low risk move with pick 60, and they still got their guy at 66. an nhl ready player who was the 7th overall...solid move by Blake.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Say what you want about the Rangers organization but this was entirely Anderssons fault. They gave him way too many chances just because the kid demanded to play in the NHL. Apparently even saw himself as a top6 Center after camp. He's dellusional. When he finally got sent to the AHL he abandons the team just like that and refuses to talk to the Rangers. If anyone ruined the kids development it was Andersson himself. And yes, his skating is bad. Probably fixable but for that to happen the player would need realize and admit it first.
Anderson- " I demand to play in the NHL"
Rangers- " You are not ready...but if you say so, so be it. You are the boss kid".

Seems right. Not at all sensational.

Token

May 15, 2019
As someone who came to the States from Europe at 17 years old, I can tell you it’s a massive kick in the nuts culturally. Even speaking fluent English at the time.

European culture, values and pace of life is vastly different.

It will behove the Kings to have a support system in place for him.

The good news is that 7 of our 9 Swedes will be playing out of LA proper next season, so that will be something different than NY.

And our beaches are way better than that crap in NY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad