Confirmed with Link: [NYR/LA] Lias Andersson for 60th overall 2020

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I would love to see Vilardi on the wing with JAD and Moore to see if he can keep up to the pace. JAD is way more talented than I thought and Moore has taken his game to the next level where I think we need to protect him. Would love to see how Vilardi’s creativity meshes with those two

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Never liked the trade, I thought that draft class still had some nice value left in the late 2nd-3rd rounds. If he carves out a 4th line role great, but I expect a little more upside from him.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I would kick the tires on Ryan-Nugent Hopkins.

Turk Kopitar Kaliyev
RNH Byfield Vilardi
Kempe Andersson Fagemo
Grundstrom Kupari Thomas
JAD\Madden

I strongly advice to look at the 2nd line with Carter and Villardi.
This is how it looks when we turn centers into wingers.
People tend to look at skills only and totally disregard what is needed to succeed at a certain position.
With that thought process, we could turn all of our excess centers into goalies and defender.

Being a playmaking center totally clashes with the mindset of a scoring winger

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I strongly advice to look at the 2nd line with Carter and Villardi.
This is how it looks when we turn centers into wingers.
People tend to look at skills only and totally disregard what is needed to succeed at a certain position.
With that thought process, we could turn all of our excess centers into goalies and defender.

Being a playmaking center totally clashes with the mindset of a scoring winger

I agree that the amount of centers we draft is ridiculous, when what we need now is skill\size\scoring on the wings. Kaliyev and Fagemo are our only natural wingers. But we got to deal with the players we have, unless we trade them for wingers or sign them as UFAs.

Not sure about your Carter\Vilardi point. We won a cup with Richards\Carts line. So it can work.
Vilardi is struggling with his skating and conditioning. Bad combo for a center. He got demoted to the 4th line and seems more comfortable below the harsh marks vs 3rd-4th line opposition, why not try him on wing to get him going? Turk is playing LW now too. The plan was always to flip some of these centers to wing. I just hope they stick to a plan and not go through the whole Kempe experiance with all of them.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Didn't find a thread, curious statline this season.
I guess it's no surprise but he's done in NA according to people back home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad