Proposal: NYR - LA Kings

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Ok - I was just trying to answer a question you asked. I have zero interest in moving him.

I don’t blame you, he’s a good prospect. Both teams would be wise to see what they have rather than trade to fill a hole. That’s why you don’t see prospect moves often. I’d want a proven young player for a deal involving Turcotte and I’m sure NYR would feel the same about Lundkvist.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think if there's any weakness in the Kings' organization, it's a really good goalie prospect. Cal Petersen is almost 26, and while ultimately just the beginning of his career, there are questions about who will be ready to take over after him. The Kings have Villalta, Ingham, and Parik, plus newly drafted Markkanen, but those are all still pretty big question marks.

I like Lundkvist, but I'm not looking to trade Vilardi, Byfield, or Turcotte for him, so there probably isn't much to talk about here. If you want some package of Kupari, Madden, Clague, and Grundstrom, let's talk!

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I will counter your counter and say Kakko for Byfield
Ranger fans still view Kakko as untouchable. I no longer think he is with Lafreniere drafted. If a player like Byfield or Zegras is made available for Kakko, I feel like the Rangers should make the move. Even if there ends up being a slight top end talent difference (which is at worst debatable), the positional need has to be a consideration.

All of that said, Ranger fans overrate Lundkvist, but everyone else underrates him. Fans at least. I assume he’s highly valued around the league.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Kings are fine at G. Quick's replacedment is Cal Petersen. He is already on the NHL roster and is 25.

The kings felt he was ready to be a NHL backup so that is why Campbell was traded. Another year or two of experience and he will take over for Quick.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
reiterate post 50

LAK fan says needs are LW, G

is NYR a match?

No. If we were looking for a goalie it would be a prospect as we have Cal with the big club now. We are not in the place to be trading our prospects for wingers, would rather see where the holes are in 2 years as we should be turning the corner into being a playoff team.

Reactions: Guitpik

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Is lundkvist David Rundblad 2.0

You know, Rundblad put up 50 pts in 55 games in SE league as a 19 year old. And look at his storied career.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Well i gladly return the trade treatment we received when asking for a trade some weeks ago.

Tucotte for Lafreniere +1st

No other pieces involved will make us even listen in any way
057C3DB1-03A2-4A2A-B9D3-C78254F577FD.png

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Idk stutzle byfield zegras cozens rossi dach... id have him in that grouping ... I think it’s all debatable

what’s your top 10 look like

Turcotte’s definitely in that conversation with all those players, in my opinion. I don’t actually see why he wouldn’t be.

For the top ten, I’d probably also add Vilardi, and some combination of Newhook, Veleno, Jenik, Norris, Studnicka. There are probably a few others I’m forgetting.

Reactions: Getz2noone

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No. If we were looking for a goalie it would be a prospect as we have Cal with the big club now. We are not in the place to be trading our prospects for wingers, would rather see where the holes are in 2 years as we should be turning the corner into being a playoff team.

Have 2 prospects of note at G in Wall and Lindbom, not counting guys drafted yesterday, but all those, too early to deal, value too low from lack of development, not worth moving w/o overpayment upfront, which I am not asking.

As to the no prospects for Ws, would like to hear more to see what is the head count betw you and the guy on your side who mentioned it.

Again, this is a mid 20s Buch we are talking about here, not ballpark 30 w/lots of mileage [incl accompanying wear and tear] and commensurate vet salary.
He is 3.25 next season rfa.

No issue, we just obv have a lot of emerging guys who are cheaper who need mins.

Which LAK fans want to bid on Buch; who wants to pass?
headcount, pls

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Appeared so. I don't know why you'd mention Runblad otherwise in this discussion. But you'd know what you meant.

Maybe they will take similar career trajectories.
Actually, Rundblad had better draft pedigree too didn’t he?

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Maybe they will take similar career trajectories.
Actually, Rundblad had better draft pedigree too didn’t he?

Pretty sure Rundblad was considered an offensive defenseman with major holes in his defensive game. Lundqvist is not considered an offensive defenseman, he’s considered more well rounded. Rundblad also broke out at 20. When he was 19 he had 13 pts in 47 games. I agree they had similar break out years, but I don’t think they are similar players.

Rundblad didn’t make it because he was offensive defenseman and his offense didn’t translate. Lundqvist should make it either way because he is component in his own end.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Is lundkvist David Rundblad 2.0

You know, Rundblad put up 50 pts in 55 games in SE league as a 19 year old. And look at his storied career.

that was his 20 years old season.

Born in 1990 and his 50 pts season is in 2010-2011. (D+2)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think if there's any weakness in the Kings' organization, it's a really good goalie prospect. Cal Petersen is almost 26, and while ultimately just the beginning of his career, there are questions about who will be ready to take over after him. The Kings have Villalta, Ingham, and Parik, plus newly drafted Markkanen, but those are all still pretty big question marks.

I like Lundkvist, but I'm not looking to trade Vilardi, Byfield, or Turcotte for him, so there probably isn't much to talk about here. If you want some package of Kupari, Madden, Clague, and Grundstrom, let's talk!

I’d be interested in Kupari and Madden, but definitely not for Lundkvist.

Reactions: kilowatt

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Pretty sure Rundblad was considered an offensive defenseman with major holes in his defensive game. Lundqvist is not considered an offensive defenseman, he’s considered more well rounded. Rundblad also broke out at 20. When he was 19 he had 13 pts in 47 games. I agree they had similar break out years, but I don’t think they are similar players.

Rundblad didn’t make it because he was offensive defenseman and his offense didn’t translate. Lundqvist should make it either way because he is component in his own end.

Lundkvist’s skating and smarts are also better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad