Confirmed with Link: [NYR] Jimmy Vesey re-signs (2 years, $2.275M AAV)

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Really excited to see Vesey under a new and development emphasis coach. AAV might be a touch high, but glad it's only two years.

Reactions: Leetch3

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Think he is what he is at this point, but hopefully he can improve under the new coach, seems a tad high, but the cap really isn't an issue at this point.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
A little more than I thought he'd get but we have the room so it's no big deal. Hopefully he can find that next level with some consistent minutes.

There's 20 goal potential there if he finds the right fit.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Eh amount is a bit high but its only for two years so its not the end of the world

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I know he had some terrible numbers under AV, but what often got overlooked was his pretty solid transition stats and his ability to generate individual scoring chances.

I think he’ll benefit from a more north-south oriented system, and he’s shown that he is a good depth goal scorer. Never play him on the powerplay again though, please.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well, with the roster the way it is right now he'll certainly get a shot at quality minutes.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I mean it's like $300k over what I thought he'd get and I dont like how it takes him to UFA, but on a rebuilding team, under a new coach I dont see anything wrong with this.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I know he had some terrible numbers under AV, but what often got overlooked was his pretty solid transition stats and his ability to generate individual scoring chances.

I think he’ll benefit from a more north-south oriented system, and he’s shown that he is a good depth goal scorer. Never play him on the powerplay again though, please.

Yeah a coach who can get him to focus on north south go to the net and stay there kind of game should hopefully get the best out of him. He does some good stuff at times but at others seems to spend too much time trying to be fancy pants.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
A little higher than expected but totally fine.

Barring some major shift, I would take him for the 2 years then probably move on. He's fine - a decent depth forward but not UFA money good. No need to worry about it now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->