Eklund Rumor: NYR interested in Alex Chiasson

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Source? I'm on mobile, so maybe it's an Eklund tag? Can't see thread tags on mobile site.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If true, he's not a bad energy player. He was asked to do way too much for us last year, but once he settled in on the 3rd or 4th line he played well.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Good for Chiasson he's a good 4th liner and a good PKer I was hoping he'd get another contract.

I'm on mobile didn't realize it was Eklund hopefully he finally got one right.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
A good add if true, but all Ek wrote was
:"The NY Rangers are looking into the possibility of signing Alex Chiasson and it would appear to make some sense... "

Sign A.C. and Gelinas so AV and Fontaine have French speaking buddies around
Still young guys with size, skill and experience

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If true makes a lot of sense. Just went over the Rangers possible lineup for next year and as it stands they're forced to bring a kid up to the lineup, and none of them are even close guaranteed to be ready next season.

I thought they'd maybe go for Winnik, but Chiasson is probably even a better option for their style. Keeps the scoring depth to 4 lines.

Someone penciled to the top 9 wings has to drop down to the 4th line since there's 7 potential top 9 guys. Buch/Vesey/Fast/Grabner - DD - Chiasson would be a pretty good 4th line that can play and score the occasional goal.

Puempel as the 13th forward.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
After venturing over to hockeybuzz, that is not what he said. He said we are looking into it. Completely misleading.

Is there a particular reason you decided to reward Fraudlund with a visit, which is exactly why he's posting his "rumors"?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I've always liked this player, but he's soft. Doesn't use his size, doesn't cycle hard.

During his time in OTT he stank it up for stretches but he would be a nice addition to the Rangers even though the Rangers need centers badly and don't have much in the way of SPC slots.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The biggest problem with Chiasson is that your team just won't score with him on the ice. He just doesn't have much vision or offensive anticipation, and isn't much of a shooter overall. On the rush he seems to have a 65% offside rate.

What he is though is an excellent 4RW in a checking role, and he's strong on the forecheck and PK.

I'd like to have him back in Calgary if we had a spot on 4RW but between Brouwer, Freddie Hamilton, and Lazar I'd wish him all the best.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Im not a fan of Chiasson, but he has scored +10 goals and +24 points in 3 of the last 4 seasons. So there's at least something there.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Is there a particular reason you decided to reward Fraudlund with a visit, which is exactly why he's posting his "rumors"?

I know. I feel the same way. But, I'd rather give him a site visit and ensure things are accurate here (which they weren't) then not check and have a misleading thread title.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Would not be surprised if he had a Grabneresque rebound

I would.

He is what he is at this point. He simply does not have an asset in his game (like Grabner's speed) that would allow for such a scenario to unfold.

He is a serviceable bottom six right wing option that can help in certain areas of the game and hurt you in others.

He is a good teammate who works extremely hard. Unfortunately that can only get you so far with his limited skillset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->