Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's not the first time Sather did it. He was given a better offer for Nedved in 2004 from Nashville (2 2nd's) and he took a lesser deal with Edmonton. One time, okay, but, it happened again.

If he did do it what does he stand to gain from admitting it?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

Edit: and here’s an article with tweets about Dale Talon saying his offer was better
Before he stepped down as the Rangers GM, Slats just wanted to help his old team out:

Uhh, that tweet is clearly a tounge-in-cheek statement from Sather and that article is written by a blogger who clearly misinterprets other tweets. No tweet he quoted said the offer from Talon was better. It says Talon had agreed to a trade and was hot when Sather screwed him and traded him elsewhere.

Seems kinda conspiracy-ish and I hardly believe some blogger-Edmonton-fan who was clearly out to spin things in their favor.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Uhh, that tweet is clearly a tounge-in-cheek statement from Sather and that article is written by a blogger who clearly misinterprets other tweets. No tweet he quoted said the offer from Talon was better. It says Talon had agreed to a trade and was hot when Sather screwed him and traded him elsewhere.

Seems kinda conspiracy-ish and I hardly believe some blogger-Edmonton-fan who was clearly out to spin things in their favor.

It just doesn't make sense. Even if for some reason he valued helping Edmonton over his own career, he at the very least wouldn't admit it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Hey NY Rangers......

were-waiting-gif-6.gif

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It's not the first time Sather did it. He was given a better offer for Nedved in 2004 from Nashville (2 2nd's) and he took a lesser deal with Edmonton. One time, okay, but, it happened again.
Nashville traded their 2004 and 2005 2nds to Chicago for Steve Sullivan February 16th. Nedved was traded March 3. If Sather decided that it would be better to wait for a better offer and it didn't come, that's not really taking a lesser deal from Edmonton. I'm not convinced they didn't value Helminen as a 2nd rounder either.

Reactions: egelband

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Nashville traded their 2004 and 2005 2nds to Chicago for Steve Sullivan February 16th. Nedved was traded March 3. If Sather decided that it would be better to wait for a better offer and it didn't come, that's not really taking a lesser deal from Edmonton. I'm not convinced they didn't value Helminen as a 2nd rounder either.

Confirmed. Thirty One is Glen Sather.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This has really been an incredible couple weeks to be a ranger fan. Very excited for next season!

Yup. I was really thinking about cutting the cord and dumping my cable TV subscription, but the Rangers should be fun to watch even if they still aren't winning on most nights.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like the KHL tweet but the Rangers do things at their own speed. I'd give them 5 days to two weeks to announce these signings and maybe a few more days after that. Then I'd start to worry.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Why is this thread labelled "Confirmed with link"?

I keep checking in thinking that something has changed, only to be slapped in the face by another red herring.

I'm about two clicks away from being the townsfolk in The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I like the KHL tweet but the Rangers do things at their own speed. I'd give them 5 days to two weeks to announce these signings and maybe a few more days after that. Then I'd start to worry.

Let's not forget that despite the Rangers getting permission to negotiate with Kravtsov and Shestyorkin, the players are not allowed to actually sign the contract (pen to paper) until May 1st.

They still have to travel from Russia to New York. I expect the signings to be announced in the coming days

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Let's not forget that despite the Rangers getting permission to negotiate with Kravtsov and Shestyorkin, the players are not allowed to actually sign the contract (pen to paper) until May 1st.

They still have to travel from Russia to New York. I expect the signings to be announced in the coming days

Yup, maybe all 3 (or 4?) will be announced probably when everyone arrives in NY? That would be a pretty cool promo to have them all at a table with Gorton signing contracts. Plus it would be good hype for next season and selling tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->