Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They’re not keeping both of them long term either way

There's a difference between trading Georgiev because they have to (keeping Lundqvist) and trading Georgiev because they want to (after 2021).

Do people forget what happened with Hagelin and Talbot? The return is significantly lower when a team is forced to trade a player

Reactions: bobbop

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
There's a difference between trading Georgiev because they have to (keeping Lundqvist) and trading Georgiev because they want to (after 2021).

Do people forget what happened with Hagelin and Talbot? The return is significantly lower when a team is forced to trade a player
Sather said he took a lesser offer for Talbot to help out his old team. Also Talbot had a year left before he could be a UFA

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
They’re not keeping both of them long term either way

Maybe not, but we might have to trade one sooner than we would otherwise want to. Maybe we get less in return as a result. Maybe we end up trading the wrong guy. I'm not saying we should force Henrik out or anything, but having him stick around for 2 more years makes it difficult to get the kids enough games. Shesty will probably play a lot in the AHL this year, so we can probably manage it. 2020 is when it's going to be a real problem, IMO.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

I feel like goalies always have low trade values (or lower than what people think)...I honestly can't remember a time semi recently where i said, "Wow that was a pretty nice haul they got for (insert goalie name here)"

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I feel like goalies always have low trade values (or lower than what people think)...I honestly can't remember a time semi recently where i said, "Wow that was a pretty nice haul they got for (insert goalie name here)"

Cost controlled good goalies can return a 1st round pick. Georgiev is definitely in that range. He's more valuable than Talbot was in 2015 because of his age and contract situation

Reactions: Rongomania

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
My only concern with Igor, which I'm sure others have brought up, is a potential endurance issue coming over from the KHL. The pace of the game and durations of the seasons are nothing he's experienced before, and it could take him some time to adjust. Some of the more recent prominent goalies have taken ~2 years (approximately their D+6/7) to start 50+ games in the NHL.

Luckily, I think this works perfectly well with the current timeline we're on, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I guess I'm just throwing caution to the wind for those expecting him to come in and light it up right away. Bob is really the only one to come in and start 50+ games right away.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

Lehner to the Sabres is the only recent one that comes to mind.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Where is the quote of him saying such a thing? This would be outrageous and I have a hard time believing there is any truth to it.
There was a clip of him saying something about helping out his old team, and then there was either a report or another GM (I think Talon) saying there was a better offer for him

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Why do I feel like there was a clip from Gorton on day 2 of that draft where he said something cryptic about another offer that was on the table for Talbot?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

d45701e97f01e6b24e99b906af87c3e0.png

I would like to hear his tone when he said that. I'd guess when speaking to an Edmonton reporter, who is a total goof, there was a level of insincerity there.

Reactions: egelband

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

Cory Schneider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad