Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rangers agree to contracts with top prospects Igor...

9NQBihZ.gif

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers have agreed with their two top prospects on entry-level contracts, sources told The Athletic Monday.

Igor Shesterkin, the goalie long considered the heir apparent to Henrik Lundqvist, and forward Vitali Kravtsov, the first-round (No. 9 overall) pick in last June’s draft, both agreed to their standard three-year contracts.

The deals cannot be officially signed, registered with the league or announced until after their KHL contracts expire May 1. But both players — who played in the Russian league this season — are expected to arrive in North America in late May and would then be in Rangers’ prospects camp after the June 21-22 draft, as well as NHL training camp in September.

Reactions: lucky13

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Team is going to get that much deeper with the addition of Kakko.

next camp is going to be insane. Kravtsov, Kakko, Lias, Chytil, and Howden up front, and Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek, Pionk, on D, and Igor/Georgie in nets, all fighting for limited spots. Thats half a rosters worth of top picks, all NHL ready/-ish, (Miller, Lindqvist, Barron, Reunanen, rest of the 2019 picks, thus excluded) . There is maybe roster room for 5 of the 10.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Feels like Rykov won't be coming over this year. It's also possible they're waiting to see how Hartford shapes up and how many pro contract slots they have left before deciding on Reunanan and Rykov for this season. I would think, because Rykov's rights are indefinitely due to lack of KHL transfer agreement that Reunanan is higher on the priority list this off-season/training camp. They could have enough slots to offer both a contract. But they can't offer both or maybe either to play many meaningful games in the NHL due to current D glut.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Feels like Rykov won't be coming over this year. It's also possible they're waiting to see how Hartford shapes up and how many pro contract slots they have left before deciding on Reunanan and Rykov for this season. I would think, because Rykov's rights are indefinitely due to lack of KHL transfer agreement that Reunanan is higher on the priority list this off-season/training camp. They could have enough slots to offer both a contract. But they can't offer both or maybe either to play many meaningful games in the NHL due to current D glut.

Based on their current contract landscape, I wouldn't think that is a concern. I would think Rykov would be concerned about coming over and getting buried in Hartford.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
So now we start to sign Russians befors 1st May? ;) Capfriendly had 3-4 Russians signing the last week. Gorton has just been — overly — cautious in the past. I can bet my right arm that we won’t get into trouble...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->