Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
If Henrik legitimately wants to never leave NY, why do you guys assume it's possible he'll be traded? Do you think they'll strongarm him or something? I know that trading him would be for the best at that point, but after what he's done for us he deserves whatever he wishes, and I really hope he doesn't end up feeling forced out.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
upload_2019-4-16_7-59-16.png

Reactions: GodlyRangers

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If Henrik legitimately wants to never leave NY, why do you guys assume it's possible he'll be traded? Do you think they'll strongarm him or something? I know that trading him would be for the best at that point, but after what he's done for us he deserves whatever he wishes, and I really hope he doesn't end up feeling forced out.

I don't want to force him out, but I also don't want his presence on the team to force the team to trade one of their young goalies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Henrik Lundqvist – If you recall, I frequently mocked a preseason publication that rated Lundqvist as the 25th best goalie in the league. And in the first half of the season, that mockery was justified. Plus it was funny. In the second half, Lundqvist was not one of the 25 best goalies in the league and he was the second-best goalie on his team. Circumstances? Of course. A terrible defensive team, the reality of a non-playoff season, and the actuality of where this rebuild – for which he was and remains fully onboard – stands were all factors. But Lundqvist struggled with the mental side of it and had problems with not playing his usual stretches of games during the last few months. It’s going to be an interesting summer for him. Grade: C-

Grading the Rangers: End of the season report cards for the...

Managing an older player on the downside of his career is always a problem.

Lundqvist might be the 3rd best goalie on the team.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Has he won us a Cup or something? It is best for everybody if he gets traded.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I'm happy to read the boys are coming over this summer.

I don't think Igor, despite having the KHL clause, will be going back there.

Henrik isn't going anywhere.

Let the competition begin!

notwolfy

Nov 15, 2013
Well, it’s settled. Lundqvist has to go. Or Georgiev. Maybe Shestyorkin spends half a year in the AHL at best. That sucks, man. Hopefully he’s true to his words and toughs it out. Or he’ll earn a spot in the NHL. That works, too.
Georgiev has proven that he can play at a high level in the NHL. As he got more games his ability shined through. He will be 23 years old for half the next season. I would be very reluctant to trade him Lundqvist not so much. He is not going to get better and tho he will be remembered for his greatness past the team always comes first. Time for the king to go.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
should be an interesting story in net this season.

hank is the #1 but is he the best goalie on the team ?

georgiev out played him for stretches last season. he showed he can face lots of rubber and win games.

shestyorkin is here to show whats hes got. hes 3rd in line imo but i think the hank/georgie thing is closer than people think. hank gets the nod for sure but games played ? it will be close im thinking.

my best guess, hank is the #1. georgiev is the #2 who plays more than he did last season. shestyorkin starts in hartford, plays well and has his cup of coffee and after jan 1, hes up for good while georgiev is sent back down to hartford for their playoff run. shesty ends the season as the backup to hank who plays alot down the stretch. the end is very near for henrik.

eventually, shestyorkin is #1 and georgiev is #2 when the rebuild is over.

Reactions: Vitto79

notwolfy

Nov 15, 2013
Why does he deserve whatever he wishes. It is about the team. Babe Ruth was traded, Wayne Gretzky was traded, etc. Team comes first. To let go 23 year old goalie Georgiev who has shown such potential would be a disaster so that Lundqvist feels respected. Nope, Georgiev on another team would be a star.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

georgiev out played him for stretches last season. he showed he can face lots of rubber and win games.

shestyorkin is here to show whats hes got. hes 3rd in line imo but i think the hank/georgie thing is closer than people think. hank gets the nod for sure but games played ? it will be close im thinking.

my best guess, hank is the #1. georgiev is the #2 who plays more than he did last season. shestyorkin starts in hartford, plays well and has his cup of coffee and after jan 1, hes up for good while georgiev is sent back down to hartford for their playoff run. shesty ends the season as the backup to hank who plays alot down the stretch. the end is very near for henrik.

Don't we need to trade Georgiev or risk losing him to expansion team?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Has he won us a Cup or something? It is best for everybody if he gets traded.
Who do you think is a buyer? He makes too much money. Even if we retain full 50% he's a 4m+ goalie who may not even be a starter. Who's in the market for that?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

I think most people saw a lot of cracks in the mental armor at the end of last year and think he could be changing his mind. It's rather clear that we won't be cup contenders before his contract is up. And if he is thinking of retiring after, it would be best for him to try and accomplish his dream elsewhere. He may truly love NY, but desperately want that cup. As the window on careers close, so too does the mentality. I mean, Bourque, Hasek, etc. It's quite easy to see him being more open to a move, especially as his playing time dwindles. I for one, would be sad to see him go, but would be really happy to see him get another chance at a cup. Sucks he didn't accept that trade to CBJ this year. They might have a real shot.

I don't really respect goalies that display their frustrations and emotions almost any time they get scored on.

This is really pathetic. Especially coming from you, someone who seems frustrated in every post and who's username is a complaint.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
My God has time flew by. I remember Lundqvist battling it out with Weekes for the starting role.

Look, the Rangers will not look to trade Lundqvist unless he asks to be dealt, which is highly unlikely. He will be here for the last 2 years of his deal.

Next season we are looking at Lundqvist getting 40-50 games with Georgiev and Shesh splitting the rest (unless one severely out plays the other). Those 2 will split their time with the big club and Hartford, with Shesh likely starting the season there.

The following season I can see Lundqvist sliding to the backup role with who ever wins the race for #1 between Georgiev and Shesh.

Once Lundqvist contract is up i think he retires.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Who do you think is a buyer? He makes too much money. Even if we retain full 50% he's a 4m+ goalie who may not even be a starter. Who's in the market for that?

probably nobody which means he needs to retire, we would probably need to beg Seattle to take him in the expansion draft.

Because of him we likely need to trade Georgiev soon to make room for Shestyorkin

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
probably nobody which means he needs to retire, we would probably need to beg Seattle to take him in the expansion draft.

Because of him we likely need to trade Georgiev soon to make room for Shestyorkin

There was an offer for him at this deadline, reportedly from Columbus. Teams are still interested, especially if we eat salary.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think it’s selfish of us not to want him to go to another team and try and win. I’m getting a lot of joy out of watching Zucc in Dallas right now battling.

Hank should go he’s got nothing left to prove here. Go try and win if there’s a place that wants him. There might be the bigger issue. Who would be a potential landing spot? I don’t see many.

But the fact of the matter is it’s probably for the best that he leave one way or the other at this point.

We MAY get away with it this year with both Georgiev and Shesterkin waiver exempt they can play the game there split their time even if it comes down to it between Hartford and NY to get games. But after this year. Hanks going to have to retire or be traded.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
There was an offer for him at this deadline, reportedly from Columbus. Teams are still interested, especially if we eat salary.

ok then let's do it, although I doubt Tort would want Lundqvist after Lundqvist rebelled against him in NY.

notwolfy

Nov 15, 2013

E know what Georgiev can do in the NHL. KHL numbers are way over inflated because of the talent and rink size. Look it up. I would take G or S right now and get rid of L.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad