Proposal: NYR (Georgiev) // OTT (Picks)

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
With OTT having 9 picks in the first 3 rounds [Without Lottery: Ottawa Senators (2), San Jose Sharks (3), New York Islanders (21), Ottawa Senators (33), Columbus Blue Jackets (49), New York Islanders (52), Dallas Stars (53), Ottawa Senators (64), Winnipeg Jets (74)], it is believed that they should trade picks for some NHL ready player(s)... what about below?

to :sens

Alexandar Georgiev (NYR/GL)

to :rangers

Ottawa Senators (33), Columbus Blue Jackets (49) & Ottawa Senators (64)

Reactions: egelband

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
New York isn't really dealing from a position of power. The return for Georgiev will be less IMO. Maybe a 2nd most which would be a great return that New York would be silly not to accept with Shesterkin ready to take the spot from King Henrik and King Henrik forced to back him up until he plays out his salary.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Sens were to do it, the trade would most likely be either the 33rd pick alone, or the later 2 picks in some format (maybe spread out in some other picks around that position they have) NYR should just wait to see what happens to Lundqvist in the offseason before doing anything.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Two Top 50 picks + is a very nice offer. No doubt.

That said. I wouldn't put the odds at it being a 100% slam dunk accepted offer until the league figures out where it's headed, the teams have a better idea what they have to work with, and a decision can be made on Lundqvist last year of his contract one way or another. At the least, Georgiev is Gorton's leverage with that situation.

NY is stocked with prospect depth at every position accept Forward, which, is easy to fill at most levels including Pro.

Huska is showing promise but has a few small issues to work out before given a shot at NHL back-up duty. Rebound control seems to be the major hang-up.

As low valued as goalies are around the league, a handful of teams seem to make it a yearly ritual to play merry-go-round with the position, so it's a weird paradigm that makes little sense to me. It's like not taking your Pitching or Quarterback seriously in other sports.

Too many variables going forward. I think any decision on Georgiev is a last-minute one later this summer. But, the OP offer is enticing enough to put a monkey wrench in that line of thinking.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
TOo much but I can see Ottawa overpaying in deals to get what they want

Plenty of picks to do so and these teams have a history of making deals

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Ottawa has Nilsson and Hogberg on 1 way deals next year, along with Daccord and Gustavsson in the minors. Mandolese had a great year and will start in the BCHL barring an injury, and we took Sogaard with the 38th pick alst year so I doubt we use more 2nds on a goalie.

Tbh I think I'd rather Hogberg anyways. At least from what he's shown last year and this year.

If they did need a goalie, I'd offer Anisimov back @50% retained and 49th overall.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
just because we have a lot of picks doesnt mean we should be giving them away

Georgiev is a nice target but only if we trade nilsson or he isnt ready for next year (aka macarthured)

I would do a lower end second and a low level prospect or a mid/higher second if the rangers take anisimovs contract (more salary they are willing to take on the higher the pick)

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Ducks got 30th overall + 2nd (50th overall) for Andersen who was a much better and proven playoff goalie at that point. It would probably be an over-payment to give up the 33rd.

Take away the 2nd (33rd overall) and it's probably a fair deal. 49 + 64 for Georgiev (2nd + 3rd)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I could maybe see 49, outside chance at 74 as well in there.

That would be about the same return that Gorton got for Talbot. Talbot was traded days before his 28th birthday and an impending UFA, Georgiev is 24 and an impending RFA.

I could see it being a little more then that.

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
33 alone is fair maybe NYR adding 6th or something.

Mid 2nd+3rd also fair, but I’d be left a bit underwhelmed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad