Confirmed with Link: [NYR/FLA] Rangers Trade Yogan and Kampfer for Joey Crabb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Got a solid AHLer, who could play a shift or two with the big club in an emergency, for the loser of the 7th dman battle and a guy who has an outside shot of eventually making it as a 4th liner - and cleared a contract in the process. Not a terribly impactful trade, but good work for what it is.

I wouldn't be shocked if Yogan was eventually able to have a decent Dale Weise-like career in the NHL someday, but it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to be with this team. He was always one of my favorites among the third tier prospects - but hey, this is a good use of a tier three prospect.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Fogarty is too invisible for my taste but it's good invisible from a coaching standpoint.

Sometimes you need a guy like that. Like Mike Allison (when he was healthy) or Paul Broten.

GWOW, can you elaborate on Allison? I know he scored a lot as a rookie and had chronic knee problems. Why such the drop in production? He was around slightly before my time.

Broten was a good role player for Roger Neilson. He played well with Turcotte or Jansenns and Kris King. PK'd and did the little things.

I was hoping Yogan could be 15G-15A guy like a Bates Battaglia or Mike Leclerc in their primes. No dice.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
A couple of training camps ago, Yogan BRIEFLY looked pretty good.
Not sure if he played way over his head, or was starting to develop.
They tossed him back; he apparently was crushed and never recovered.

He has some size/strength potential and spotted scoring in spurts, but has gone south recently; now he will literally go south.

Fl never prior interested in recovering this native son, but, in addition to saving a few bucks at the cost of a roster slot, could be a bone throwing to their local fans, perhaps saying he's gotta make it, but now the odds are against him they will give him every chance to earn it.

I liked him, but no big whoop. Glad we got something, didn't cut him for nothing.

Kampfer = invisible, blink ya missed him

Joey Crabb, agreed w/what was said so far.

Agree Fogarty should go next for space.

If Nieves needs spot in the A, this would do it.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Fogarty isn't under contract. There's technically nothing to get rid of. His coaches love him. They named him captain for this season. Let's give him another year at least. No reason not to.

all these convinced statements about Fogarty (or Nieves or Tambellini or Andersson or...) are just barber shop gossip.
Not every prospect will over-perform at age 19,20,21.
I trust Gordie Clark way more than I trust us fan-boys.

If you think Clark is brilliant for getting Duke and Buch in the 3d round, trust him about these other guys too, at least until they actually have a couple disappointing seasons.

Fogarty seems to me exactly what every one here hopes Hayes will be, a big young center to line up across the dot from the other team's big top-6 centers.
Personally I see Hayes as a wing, at least early on, like Messier was.

I look forward to Fogarty joining the organization is fall '16, when he can show the benefits of a full college career.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Fogarty seems to me exactly what every one here hopes Hayes will be, a big young center to line up across the dot from the other team's big top-6 centers.
Personally I see Hayes as a wing, at least early on, like Messier was.

I look forward to Fogarty joining the organization is fall '16, when he can show the benefits of a full college career.

Foggy is exactly a year younger than Hayes. If he becomes half the player Hayes is a year from now, he'll need a massive improvement next season. I am not even asking that he be as good, but for him to be in the same league as Hayes, a player who can even be compared to him or placed on the same line with him in the AHL, he'll need to make a huge leap forward.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
GWOW, can you elaborate on Allison? I know he scored a lot as a rookie and had chronic knee problems. Why such the drop in production? He was around slightly before my time.

Broten was a good role player for Roger Neilson. He played well with Turcotte or Jansenns and Kris King. PK'd and did the little things.

I was hoping Yogan could be 15G-15A guy like a Bates Battaglia or Mike Leclerc in their primes. No dice.

IMO Brooks killed him. Not the knees. He had an awesome rookie season but struggled after and Brooks rode the hell out of him.

He was a natural center with good playmaking skills but he was slow. But the skill was always there. Brooks tried to switch him to wing but he bounced around with no real stability.

He was like a cat. I could never tell his emotions. He had the same expressions all the time.

When Ridley came he became expendable. But I liked him. His knees prevented him from becoming a fan favorite, which he def was his rookie season.

When I first started going to games in the mid-80's the majority of the jerseys in the stands seemed to be Beck, Allison or Greschner. Then 1986 came and EVERYBODY had Beezer, Ridley or Miller.

Broten was very serviceable. He was a big scorer in college but his best season was 1990 as a checker.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
IMO Brooks killed him. Not the knees. He had an awesome rookie season but struggled after and Brooks rode the hell out of him.

He was a natural center with good playmaking skills but he was slow. But the skill was always there. Brooks tried to switch him to wing but he bounced around with no real stability.

He was like a cat. I could never tell his emotions. He had the same expressions all the time.

When Ridley came he became expendable. But I liked him. His knees prevented him from becoming a fan favorite, which he def was his rookie season.

When I first started going to games in the mid-80's the majority of the jerseys in the stands seemed to be Beck, Allison or Greschner. Then 1986 came and EVERYBODY had Beezer, Ridley or Miller.

Broten was very serviceable. He was a big scorer in college but his best season was 1990 as a checker.

Very hard worker. Paul Broten's best season for the Rangers was in 1991-2 scored 28 points with 100+ penalty minutes, he only played 32 games in 1990 (his first in the NHL). He also had a good season for Dallas in 1993-4.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Very hard worker. Paul Broten's best season for the Rangers was in 1991-2 scored 28 points with 100+ penalty minutes, he only played 32 games in 1990 (his first in the NHL). He also had a good season for Dallas in 1993-4.

Sorry I meant first season.

I know I'm old but wasn't he the guy who tied the game 1-1 in Game 5 against the caps on a breakaway?

Or did he miss on a breakaway in OT before Druce won it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad