Confirmed with Link: [NYR/FLA] Rangers Trade Yogan and Kampfer for Joey Crabb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Looks like the Panthers gave you Crabbs :sarcasm:

Florida is a **** show of a hockey team... NYR is very solid on D. Florida is not. SOmeone who would be a 3rd pairing AHL player here could easily be a 3rd pairing NHL player over there...

I know my team is usually bad but the Panthers 3rd pairing is Ekblad and Willie Mitchell, I'm not too familiar with the Rangers farm team but it would be unheard of defensive depth if their AHL 3rd pairing could make the Panthers.

Good call Vitto. Florida must've done it to save $400k in salaries. There was no hockey reason for this trade from their perspective, but salaries explain it.

San Antonio has a glutton of forwards, Crabb is on a one way deal and is an average AHL player, makes sense from Florida's perspective, and the Rangers get a gritty 14-15th forward, works for both teams.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Joey Crabb actually ended up being one of our more "successful" picks from the 2002 draft, yeesh. Thank goodness our drafting has improved over time.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
What I remember was Crabb is a good skater and pesky. He can play regular shifts on the fourth line if needed. Reminded me a lot of Benn Feriero when he was here.

Always liked Yogan but he was a boom/bust pick. Maybe he figures it out somewhere else.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I recall Crabb actually having a few productive seasons with Toronto? strikes me as a serviceable 4th line forward if used correctly (and desperate given our younger options).

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I recall Crabb actually having a few productive seasons with Toronto? strikes me as a serviceable 4th line forward if used correctly (and desperate given our younger options).

Scored his first goal against the Rangers, too.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I'm honestly confused how Slats got a serviceable borderline-NHLer for two useless guys who were just taking up space in our 50 contracts. What is Florida seeing here? They need a crappy defenseman in Kampfer? I bet he'd never play for us had he stayed.

Only thing I can think of is that Crabb is on a one way contract so it saves them in the neighborhood of 425k.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Looks like the Panthers gave you Crabbs :sarcasm:

I know my team is usually bad but the Panthers 3rd pairing is Ekblad and Willie Mitchell, I'm not too familiar with the Rangers farm team but it would be unheard of defensive depth if their AHL 3rd pairing could make the Panthers.

San Antonio has a glutton of forwards, Crabb is on a one way deal and is an average AHL player, makes sense from Florida's perspective, and the Rangers get a gritty 14-15th forward, works for both teams.

I am exaggerating a bit, but my point is we're so filled out on defense that he has a much better chance of cracking Florida's roster than NYR...

My exaggeration was that some teams are more stacked or less stacked in specific positions. several of our 2nd pair AHL defenders could probably cut it for 3rd pairing NHL work if necessary... it wouldn't be pretty, but it could work.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Had hopes Yogan could one day be a bottom-6 center for us. He's been surpassed in the organizational depth since.

Joey Crabb is a solid addition for Hartford. Another veteran to add to the mix.

Don't think losing Kampfer hurts one bit. We are fine with our depth at D for #7 and beyond.

Bet Yogan's pumped to head home. If he can crack the Panthers soon, he'll be on a winning team. That team is going to be good and faster than everyone thinks.

Andrew Yogan sucks. At everything. So does Kampfer, and so does Crabb. This trade is for nothing more than to dump a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad