Speculation: NYR Firesale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
If the Rangers continue to be one of the two worst teams. What would you give up for the following players?

The Rangers biggest need is Solid C prospects. They could also use solid LD prospect too.

Rangers are not in need of G, LW, and RD.

Can the Rangers get players like Cozens and Newhook to upgrade C position?

Players available:

Panarin
Zibby
Strome
Buchnevich
Igor (I like Georgiev and Igor a lot. I would only trade Igor if it provides a solid return).

If the Rangers are trading guys like Panarin and Zibby. If they have some lottery luck, maybe they draft Powers or Beniers.

Maybe the Rangers roster can look like:

Lafreniere-Cozens-Buchnevich
Kreider-Newhook-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Kravtsov
Giuseppe-Howden-Gauthier

Miller-Trouba
Powers-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If the Rangers continue to be one of the two worst teams. What would you give up for the following players?

The Rangers biggest need is Solid C prospects. They could also use solid LD prospect too.

Players available:

Panarin
Zibby
Strome
Buchnevich
Igor (I like Georgiev and Igor a lot. I would only trade Igor if it provides a solid return).

If the Rangers are trading guys like Panarin and Zibby. If they have some lottery luck, maybe they draft Powers or Beniers.

Kreider-Newhook-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Kravtsov
Giuseppe-Howden-Gauthier

Miller-Trouba
Powers-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist

That's worse than the Rangers roster now and probably will be for a long time into the future.

Thankfully Panarin and Zibanejad have NMCs so you couldn't possibly do something that stupid.

The team is already loaded with enough talent. You don't need more teenagers for fricks sakes. The reason the team is not good right now is because a lot of that talent needs to time to ripen. Just wait a couple years for the ones you have to pop. Panarin will still be an elite forward until the end of his deal. And Zibby should still be good when Lafreniere pops. The team will have a nice window of contention. If you go for a nuclear rebuild like you're suggesting then you're risking a Buffalo type of situation.

Reactions: Hire Sather

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Doubt either players would be available. BUF would consider a larger package due their never ending rebuild. AVs need a goalie or 3C, target would either be Zibby or prospects.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Rangers aren’t trading panarin or Mika. They aren’t trading Igor either. Geo, Buch and Strome will return decent proposals but not anywhere near a Cozens or newhook.

Stay the course.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Holy overreaction

giphy.gif

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Players available:

Panarin
Zibby
Strome
Buchnevich

Kreider-Newhook-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Kravtsov
Giuseppe-Howden-Gauthier

Miller-Trouba
Powers-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist

Clown shoes

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019

Players available:

Panarin
Zibby
Strome
Buchnevich

Kreider-Newhook-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Kravtsov
Giuseppe-Howden-Gauthier

Miller-Trouba
Powers-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist

Why would we trade the 3rd place Hart Finalist and a 40 goal scoring 2 way center?

Why would we make our rebuild last another 5 years when this team is a year at tops 2 away from reaching its potential.

If we didnt have 10 mil of dead cap we would have made other moves. We are being patient with some of our other younger players.

DeAngelo, Strome, Lundkvist and even our 1st could easily be packaged in different deals for another Center and LD.

Sorry we got enough on our hands to develop Kakko, AL, Chytil, and soon Kravstov up front.

Throwing more kids at the problem wont make a rebuild more successful.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
5 games into the season, NYR, NSH fans already wanting to do firesales. Must be some kind of new record... I always love fans who think that trading their best players makes their teams better. Panarin is a one of a kind player with a huge contract, dollar + value + NMC makes it virtually impossible to trade him.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Players available:

Panarin
Zibby
Strome
Buchnevich

Kreider-Newhook-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Kravtsov
Giuseppe-Howden-Gauthier

Miller-Trouba
Powers-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist

There is no fire sale.

Even if the end up the worst team in the NHL this year there will be no firewall.

There will be tweaks to the roster, but firesale, as one of, if not the youngest teams in the league? Not happening.

Seriously. Fire sale?

Give your head a shake

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Just think of these handful of games teams have played as everyone's exhibition games... people forgot there was a bizzare offseason and zero exhibition games. Every players routine has been completely screwed up

There are a crap load of star players around the league that have been awful so far this year.

Things will pick up for NYR and other teams as well soon

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad