Confirmed with Link: NYR Fire John Davidson and Jeff Gorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
As a CBJ fan, I don't necessarily hate this idea. I'm not exactly content with how things have gone since JD left us to return to NY. I don't fault him for leaving to go back to the Rangers and I'm ecstatic to get him back.

imo, Gorton is easily a top 10 GM in the league. Maybe even top 5.

You guys would need to put together the mother of all gift baskets for Dolan if his hissy fit nets you both JD and Gorton in your front office.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Maybe the Blue Jackets and Rangers would be doing better if they hired an actual qualified President and not a former announcer.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
IDK. I don't think he got a raw deal. He signed up knowing that his owner was a loose cannon. Something happened or didn't happen and he got fired. The organization didn't trash him or anything. The were obligated to continue paying his big salary. They let him go to another team as soon as one came calling. And so on. Maybe we don't like the way it played out but Davidson is no worse for wear, IMO. He doesn't have a tarnished legacy, he didn't lose any money, he's still the well-respected guy he has been for a long time.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Was nice of JD to stop in, talk about patience, oversee them sign 3 long term contracts which carry ~26M in cap space (with clauses) to the Rangers during their rebuild. Only like ~21% of the total cap ceiling.

I say that as someone who liked the hire initially. I figured he saw the dark ages, knew that throwing big contracts at the issues was not the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->