Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Jimmy Vesey signs extension with the Rangers (2 years, $800k AAV)

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Does he still get free drinks from the bar which offered him if he signed with the Rangers out of college?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Does he still get free drinks from the bar which offered him if he signed with the Rangers out of college?
I think they shut down out of nowhere and then re-opened with a new name. Not sure if it's the same owner. It was called Blarney Pub, but now it's like Celtic Rail.

Vesey stopped showing up after he got traded and the bar lost customers.... (I kid)

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Good deal for both sides, Vesey has refined his game to fit a bottom 6 role in the NHL, Vesey has also gotten much better defensively and he even throws checks more often.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern gonna be happy
bern actually wants roster space for emerging youth

Howev, 2 yrs at that price is ok for insurance we can keep, mostly be a healthy scratch, do an odd game here and there to rest other Ws.

While we should be classy and accommodate him for taking a discount if what I said above applies, if at some point there are better guys w/mo upside, we should deal for market price

I realize dat wuld be den and dis is now
but
Does anyone want to suggest what that current market value is, given his deal's term and salary?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad