Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Blake Wheeler signs with the Rangers (1 year, $800k)

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
red wings are doing this too and it's frustrating sometimes. Last game they used both more closer to equal and it helped.

Not sure why they do this?? Your top players get tired quicker and are on the bench for an extended time period when you are only going to score what 20-30% of the time on good-to-great powerplays?
Because PP minutes are very low intensity on players so you can pile them on without really tiring a guy out. There is lot more space ard they are not really physical minutes for the most part.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is silly

Zibanejad still generates chances and is clearly still a 1st line center in the league

Wheeler is toast.
I'm not saying Wheeler is better than Zibanejad. I'm pointing out that 5 on 5, we're lacking. But if we're going to go there, Zibanejad has has less expected goals for at 5 on 5, and isn't really generating much. 1c or not, the team isn't doing much outside of Panarin.

Reactions: banks

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Because PP minutes are very low intensity on players so you can pile them on without really tiring a guy out. There is lot more space ard they are not really physical minutes for the most part.
But you also take them off the ice when the other team might not have their goal scorers on the ice in a PK situation, forcing lesser players to try to matchup with better players outside their caliber.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
He’s trash. Def didn’t deserve the promotion to 1st line
He had 55 points in 72 games last year.

Who have you been playing Wheeler with to start the season? Curious to see his production with talented teammates. Looks like he replaced Kakko who did nothing with the first line. Worth giving Wheeler a shot.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com

Who have you been playing Wheeler with to start the season? Curious to see his production with talented teammates. Looks like he replaced Kakko who did nothing with the first line. Worth giving Wheeler a shot.
Started with Cuylle and Trochek... so it's not like he was playing with scrubs.

Reactions: kenobiwan

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I wouldn’t have signed wheeler to begin with. Not good enough for top 6 anymore and isn’t a bottom 6 guy. Kakko-ziba-kreider were controlling play just couldn’t get the puck to go in. I wouldn’t have changed the line. The other 2 on the line didn’t having counting stats at 5v5 either, just about all their points were on PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad