Proposal: NYR-EDM

Blueshirts08

Jun 26, 2015
Skjei for 10th overall plus. Rangers are going into a rebuild, and yes I am aware the he would be a good piece to have in rebuild, but depending who is still on board (my opinion is Dobson or boquist) what do rangers fans think ?

Oilers get a defenseman they desperately need, obviously you have better ones out there, but they would cost a lot more (karlsson, etc.). The plus IMO is b level prospect or 3rd rounder this year or next. Reason being- skjei has proven himself and would immediately help you. I love skjei and honestly wouldn’t like it on the surface but could see upside if rangers having two straight picks

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What's the plus? Skjei is only 24 and who knows if whoever we get at 10th overall will be as good. Skjei is young enough that he fits in our window to compete post-rebuild, so I wouldn't move him unless we are sure it will improve our team in the future.

Reactions: bl02 and Rangers_23

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Oilers need a RD power play QB. LD is not a need for Edmonton right now so value is pretty much moot (but I wouldn't do this from NYR perspective).

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Oilers don’t need Skjei, they have lhd and they already have a very similar player in Klefbom.

Blueshirts08

Jun 26, 2015
I honestly agree. My point was to see if there was a trade partner for 10. I wouldn’t do it, but my teams going for rebuild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad