Asham Boyle/D.Moore ?/Powe/Pyatt

Mcdonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
J.Moore Stralman
7th Defensman=?

Lunquist/Biron

Thoughts?

Hagelin Stepan Nash (Against 3rd lines)
Miller/Lindberg Richards Callahan (Against top lines)
Pouliot Brassard Zucc (Against 2nd lines)
Kreider/Boyle D.Moore Dorsett

Maybe keep one of Asham/Haley
One of Miller/Lindberg, Fast, Kristo and Hrivik in the wings
Powe/Pyatt gone

Mcdonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
J.Moore Stralman
7th Defensman = Falk
8th D/FWD = you betcha!!!

Lundqvist/Biron

One good preaseason game by Miller does not qualify him IMO
Hope he keeps it up

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Callahan
Pouliot-Richards-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Asham as spare

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Staal
Moore-Stralman
Falk and Johnson as extras

When healthy that's a top 5 team in the league if everyone's firing on all cylinders.

Fast and Hrivik should start with the big club until Hagelin and Callahan get well.

Kristo and Lindberg are the first call ups and shoul get top line Hartford minutes.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just can't see a team with Chris Kreider in the top 6 as a top 5 team in the league, unless he makes ridonkulous strides between now and whenever this healthy/back scenario takes place.

ilovemarkmessier

Oct 13, 2011
New York
I just can't see a team with Chris Kreider in the top 6 as a top 5 team in the league, unless he makes ridonkulous strides between now and whenever this healthy/back scenario takes place.

In my opinion at this point Kreider starts in the AHL. He has shown 0 improvement or hockey sense at all. I have to begin to question if Kreider is gonna be a NHL player. As far as Pyatt getting cut and Lindberg being on this team. First Pyatt is gonna make this team A.V. loves him. Second Linberg is not ready. Miller might be we will see..

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Completely forgot about Miller. He's in the first call up group with Kristo and Lindberg. He can be an American version of Mike Richards. They are just so similar in their approach to the game. Fingers crossed that he can stay healthy and make some serious strides in his development the next couple years.

He's not as polished as Lindberg is at the moment, but he definitely has the potential to be a good top 6 NHL forward.

Kreider strikes me as a guy that, if traded away, would thrive on the team he's traded to. This year is very important for him. He'll have every chance to prove himself this season. If he looks disengaged and falls flat, he could be on the trade block at the deadline.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Wishing the Rangers bought out Richards more than ever with the way Brassard and Miller have looked. Ideally my lineup would look like:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Pyatt

Staal-Del Zotto
McDonagh-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
Falk

With Richards, though...

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Hrivik/Miller-Richards-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Kreider starts in the AHL. Maybe move Richards to LW and Miller to the middle on that line with Callahan.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
In my opinion at this point Kreider starts in the AHL. He has shown 0 improvement or hockey sense at all. I have to begin to question if Kreider is gonna be a NHL player. As far as Pyatt getting cut and Lindberg being on this team. First Pyatt is gonna make this team A.V. loves him. Second Linberg is not ready. Miller might be we will see..

Do not be so sure
He has almost exclusively (albeit Pyatt) been getting time with non NHL players so far
There he has been taking a silent approach to assuming defensive responsibility without joining up the rush which he has handled very well (except the last goal yesterday maybe)
He is established with an important role on the mens Swedish National Team that definitely would go up well against some NHL teams now
Put him on a line with ready NHL players for a game to get a real look first imo

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Which one o' ya glue sniffers told me Fasth played tonight. I was worried that he had a real quiet game. I think AV and the coaching staff wants him to bulk up a bit and play in the AHL. Or they're saving him for the important VAN game....

As I guessed, they're going to end up sending players back. There's no use in keeping certain players other than for sight seeing. Final 2 games left, the orientation is over. I don't see the point of giving bench warmers or AHL kids games at this level over roster players who desperately need to get their confidence, timing, rhythm, and chemistry going.

Hopefully we get some news on 4-6 people being sent back tomorrow.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
That second penalty on Kreider was complete BS

I'm gonna guess they'll keep Miller up for a longer look, but some "surprises" to be sent down will be Kristo and Lindberg. Both look pretty good at times but feels like they need some work in the AHL to acclimate and be able to show their skills.

most of the excess D will be sent down, with maybe Falk and one other staying up. Hrivik might stay up for a longer look. Kreider stays but I think they want him to show more. Fast sticks around a bit longer as well, he looks a little more active than Lindberg

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Richards is a complete detriment to this lineup. He just doesn't fit anywhere. Ideally, when Stepan, Hagelin and Callahan return, the latter slides nicely next to Kreider and Miller, while Nash is re-united with the latter two on the 1st line. The Brassrd line stays in tact, while Boyle joins Moore and Dorsett on the 4th line , and you have four lines which have chemistry and whose talents complement each other. More and more it appears to be a brutal mistake not buying Richards out this past off-season.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any idea when the next round of cuts will be made?

EDIT: Just saw Zip's tweet that it would be today.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Richards is a complete detriment to this lineup. He just doesn't fit anywhere. Ideally, when Stepan, Hagelin and Callahan return, the latter slides nicely next to Kreider and Miller, while Nash is re-united with the latter two on the 1st line. The Brassrd line stays in tact, while Boyle joins Moore and Dorsett on the 4th line , and you have four lines which have chemistry and whose talents complement each other. More and more it appears to be a brutal mistake not buying Richards out this past off-season.

I screamed about Richards and the amnesty buyout for months. Still surprised he is here. Big mistake. He will produce offensively. Richards had 34 points last season. Pro-rated 60 points over a full 82 game season. He had 66 points in 11-12. Richards looks like the same guy he was last season. He is in better shape but the skating is an issue. Foot speed. The Rangers should have moved on.

Not everyone in the Rangers organization agreed with the decision to keep Richards. They couldn't agree on whether to buy him out or keep him.

From June 13

Told the reason the #Rangers haven't made a decision on Brad Richards buyout is because there are differing opinions witthin organization.

https://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA/status/350688721202446336

Sather was on board with keeping him because Richards is still here. Maybe Gorton and/or Schoenfeld wanted to cut ties with Richards.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
In his interview with Giannone on Monday night, Sather blamed Richards' poor season last year on the lockout. That doesn't explain his subpar first season with the Rangers and general decline since 2010.

Slats also seemed accepting of the fact that Richards was out of shape last year. I would have expected better of a veteran who is supposed to be a leader on this team. I'm hoping Richards proves me wrong but so far it seems like more of the same from him.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
NEW YORK RANGERS ACTIVE ROSTER:

Goal (3): Martin Biron, Henrik Lundqvist, Cam Talbot

Defense (13): Conor Allen, Stu Bickel, Michael Del Zotto, Justin Falk, Dan Girardi, Tommy Hughes, Aaron Johnson, Ryan McDonagh, Dylan McIlrath, John Moore, Marc Staal, Anton Stralman, Danny Syvret

Forward (23): Arron Asham, Brian Boyle, Derick Brassard, Ryan Callahan, Derek Dorsett, Jesper Fast, Carl Hagelin, Micheal Haley, Marek Hrivik, Michael Kantor, Chris Kreider, Danny Kristo, Oscar Lindberg, Brandon Mashinter, J.T. Miller, Dominic Moore, Rick Nash, Benoit Pouliot, Darroll Powe, Taylor Pyatt, Brad Richards, Andrew Yogan, Mats Zuccarello

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=683032

39 players left. Callahan and Hagelin are injured. Its 37. Stepan doesn't have a contract.

McIlrath,Syvret,Yogan and Kantor didn't play in the two Alberta preseason games. Four cuts there. 33 players.

Bickel,Johnson and Hughes are the other D cut. Keep 8 to play the next 2 games. Allen should be assigned to play in the AHL next week. He needs to play and not sit so the Rangers have 8 D for practice. 30 players.

From the forwards. Haley. Mashinter. What are their plans for Asham and Powe?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Don't like this strategy at all of having this many guys at this point.

Last two games should pretty much be your team with one or two guys pushing for spots

Should be at least 10 cuts today

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Cuts for now--defense--Bickel, Hughes, McIlrath--maybe Syvret.

Forwards--Kantor, Yogan--maybe Powe, Mashinter, Kristo.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hartford plays a preseason game tomorrow night. We should cut the younger guys that don't have a true shot at making the team so they can be available for that game.

16 To Stanley*

Don't want Kreider near this team right now.

Do you guys watch the game objectively, at all?

He was bad in the first period but good in the 2nd and 3rd.

And who has been better than him? Kristo and Lindberg have fallen off a cliff. Hrivik should make the squad at the beginning, Miller too.

Powe, Haley, Mashinter are all as good as gone.

You need to fill the Cally and Hags roles right now.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Kreider looked better last night with Miller/Asham when he had a very simple role. Win board battles, feed the point, go to the net. If he can play like that consistently he would work well in a 3rd line role to start.

Question 1 is can he do it consistently? Question 2 is, is that best for his development? Question 3 is, what the h does that say about Nash and Richards? Sure Kreider didn't help that line at all but you would think those two would be able to carry a kid for the ride as numerous other top lines do around the league. Really a rhetorical question as I think everyone sees the writing on the wall with Richards thus far, not pretty.

If he can keep it up Kreider would be a fine option for a 3rd "kid" energy line. Really has not earned a higher spot in the lineup. Or could go to Hartford to log major minutes.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Do you guys watch the game objectively, at all?

He was bad in the first period but good in the 2nd and 3rd.

And who has been better than him? Kristo and Lindberg have fallen off a cliff. Hrivik should make the squad at the beginning, Miller too.

Powe, Haley, Mashinter are all as good as gone.

You need to fill the Cally and Hags roles right now.

Fast.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Kreider looked better last night with Miller/Asham when he had a very simple role. Win board battles, feed the point, go to the net. If he can play like that consistently he would work well in a 3rd line role to start.

Question 1 is can he do it consistently? Question 2 is, is that best for his development? Question 3 is, what the h does that say about Nash and Richards? Sure Kreider didn't help that line at all but you would think those two would be able to carry a kid for the ride as numerous other top lines do around the league. Really a rhetorical question as I think everyone sees the writing on the wall with Richards thus far, not pretty.

If he can keep it up Kreider would be a fine option for a 3rd "kid" energy line. Really has not earned a higher spot in the lineup. Or could go to Hartford to log major minutes.

What it says in regards to Richards and Nash is that Nash needs Stepan back, and Richsrds doesn't fit on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad