Post-Game Talk: NYR @ EDM: RELAX, it's just the preseason

Drewbackatu*

I genuinely thought that Miller had little chance of competing because of the missed injury time. I consider myself dead wrong after that game. Hope he keeps it up.

Staal is a huge bright spot

Miller has the goods to be a good NHL'er. Staal has looked terrific, Hrivic is way more advanced than some of the other young players, Kreider looked way better playing with Miller. Definitely a lot more movement by players away from from the puck and the pp looked much better tonight. Also, I like Pouliot and believe he will help us a lot.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hrivik hasn't really impressed me the same way. He doesn't suck, but he doesn't stand out either. He's not a negative, he's not a positive, he's just there.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
except for a few bonehead plays I think Kreider looked much better this game. Glad he's making these mistakes preseason though, hopefully they don't translate to the regular season. Also, Conor Allen has been great this camp. He makes me feel better about our organizational depth on D. Does a lot well, looked good with Staal.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
except for a few bonehead plays I think Kreider looked much better this game. Glad he's making these mistakes preseason though, hopefully they don't translate to the regular season. Also, Conor Allen has been great this camp. He makes me feel better about our organizational depth on D. Does a lot well, looked good with Staal.

Yeah but next Machinehead us going to start saying he's better than Del Zotto. This board sometimes, I swear.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Agreed. He had 2 mistakes. The second penalty was a tough call IMO. But after that he seemed to relax and become mch more assertive. I understand fans want him to produce every game but its very hard to be a bigtime goal scorer especially a young guy. Kreider will be fine

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Hrivik hasn't really impressed me the same way. He doesn't suck, but he doesn't stand out either. He's not a negative, he's not a positive, he's just there.

You basically described Taylor Pyatt. I'd rather have Hrivik do that for 800k than Pyatt for 1.5 million.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
CK had a good game paired with Miller. Id be interested to see MZA with them..a guy that can feed the puck better than most of our guys.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You basically described Taylor Pyatt. I'd rather have Hrivik do that for 800k than Pyatt for 1.5 million.

Yeah, fair enough. That 700K could go towards Stepan.

Right now we only have one scoring line that looks really good (Brassard's) because we only have one center that looks really good. If the difference is really 600K as the reports are reporting, Sather should just give it to him.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
CK had a good game paired with Miller. Id be interested to see MZA with them..a guy that can feed the puck better than most of our guys.
Ck needs a someone to set him up. Miller can do that a hell of a lot better than richards can. he is more of a finisher and a guy that can score in front of teh net. Even though he shot wide it was a beautiful sequence between him and miller.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ck needs a someone to set him up. Miller can do that a hell of a lot better than richards can. he is more of a finisher and a guy that can score in front of teh net. Even though he shot wide it was a beautiful sequence between him and miller.

If Richards is not as much of a set up man as a second year guy who I don't believe was known as a set up man, what is he there for? Richards should just retire.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
If Richards is not as much of a set up man as a second year guy who I don't believe was known as a set up man, what is he there for? Richards should just retire.
i agree better yet why didnt sather buy him out. stepan would have been here by now

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
i agree better yet why didnt sather buy him out. stepan would have been here by now

I initially thought the same thing but as "negotiations" have progressed I'm thinking more and more that Sather's fat cigar-smoking ego would be in the way no matter what the cap situation was.

BarbaraAlphanse

Miller definitely a better fit for CK than Richards, although I think the ultimate fit would be Stepan and Kreider.

Random Prediction #1: Richards will make us all eat our crow at some point this year.

Random Prediction #2: Richards will be moved to wing.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Kreider seems to take after what his linemates are doing. He was more engaged with Miller on his line. When paired with Richards hes a zombie out there just gliding around going through the motions.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Miller definitely a better fit for CK than Richards, although I think the ultimate fit would be Stepan and Kreider.

Random Prediction #1: Richards will make us all eat our crow at some point this year.

Good Points. Im not sure if Richards would be better on the wing at this pont at least on the top 6

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013

Agreed, however he will get bought out anyways. But I believe that he'll move to the wing and have a bounceback year.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Agreed, however he will get bought out anyways. But I believe that he'll move to the wing and have a bounceback year.

but who would center him then? And I do not feel good about Richards driving in on the forecheck.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Pro's: Marc Staal, Connor Allen, Benouit Pouliot, JT Miller

Cons: Kreider - time to grab the bull by the horns. He's become the excuse machine. He's on the top line and 'Richards is bringing him down.' He plays with other players and 'no one can get him the puck.' At some point the guy has to make plays, and put up some points. Also, MZA, I always hear about how well he's playing, but he can't seem to score.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Pro's: Marc Staal, Connor Allen, Benouit Pouliot, JT Miller

Cons: Kreider - time to grab the bull by the horns. He's become the excuse machine. He's on the top line and 'Richards is bringing him down.' He plays with other players and 'no one can get him the puck.' At some point the guy has to make plays, and put up some points. Also, MZA, I always hear about how well he's playing, but he can't seem to score.

I thought Kreider looked good this game, just has to bury his chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->