Post-Game Talk: NYR @ EDM: RELAX, it's just the preseason

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
"Meh." meets the four-character requirement for a message on this board and describes this game perfectly.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was upset about last night's game because there was no scoring and not enough possession.

Tonight we scored and possessed the puck so I'm a little less cheesed about this one.

In the regular season we probably have Hank in net and Johnson probably isn't on the ice, so that's 3 of their goals right there.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Look forward to reading from the people who watch the Wolf Pack how Conor Allen progresses this year, guy looks solid out there.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider looked a hell of a lot more engaged with Miller. Here's the problem as I see it. Richards is too slow--can't get either Nash or Kreider the puck. Nash starts doing everything himself and Kreider watches. Get Chris away from Richards for sure. Put somebody else on Nash's left wing.

Very impressed with Miller. A good gritty game there.

No one really stood out as horrible. Obvious that Hughes ain't making the team but even he did alright. Impressed with Allen a lot. Lindberg and Kristo a bit quiet.

Those 3 deflected goals by the Oilers were beauties. Even so they didn't control the pace even though they have so many young and talented players.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I genuinely thought that Miller had little chance of competing because of the missed injury time. I consider myself dead wrong after that game. Hope he keeps it up.

Staal is a huge bright spot

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Miller was a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting him to play so well, especially after his injuries, but he could start the year on the big club if he keeps it up. However, he can get overconfident and mistake-prone after a good game so that's something to look out for.

Brassard's line is definitely more promising than that Richards-Nash tandem, they are capable of sustaining pressure. I am a bit concerned about their ability to finish, though, Brass and Zuke like to pass the puck and Pouliot can be inconsistent.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
we need as much of our NHL lineup as possible for next game IMO, they need a game or two together before the season.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Kreider looked a hell of a lot more engaged with Miller. Here's the problem as I see it. Richards is too slow--can't get either Nash or Kreider the puck. Nash starts doing everything himself and Kreider watches. Get Chris away from Richards for sure. Put somebody else on Nash's left wing.

Very impressed with Miller. A good gritty game there.

No one really stood out as horrible. Obvious that Hughes ain't making the team but even he did alright. Impressed with Allen a lot. Lindberg and Kristo a bit quiet.

Those 3 deflected goals by the Oilers were beauties. Even so they didn't control the pace even though they have so many young and talented players.
Excellent Point. Miller and Kreider have good chemistry. If i were AV i would get richards away from Nash

Drewbackatu*

Look forward to reading from the people who watch the Wolf Pack how Conor Allen progresses this year, guy looks solid out there.

He does and there are actually a lot of positives to take out of this game.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I remember last year we started

Richards-Gaborik
Stepan-Nash

Now we know why, Richards and Nash are a trainwreck together

This team needs Stepan

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Ugh. Out of town and didn't get back from my dinner in time to see the stream. Would anyone be so kind as to give a somewhat comprehensive recap?

Sloppy preseason game. Rangers did pretty well controlling the puck for the most part but failed to capitalize on their best chances. Oilers, on the other hand, finished on nearly all of their great chances while not really controlling the pace.

Zuccarello, Allen, Hrivik, Miller, and Staal were all excellent IMO.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's been 4 games and we pretty much have a handle on who came to play and who sucks. I'd like to start seeing close to our team out there.

Some of the games are used to see who makes the team, but at some point the games have to start being used to get the team ready, in which regard we have a ton of work to do.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I remember last year we started

Richards-Gaborik
Stepan-Nash

Now we know why, Richards and Nash are a trainwreck together

This team needs Stepan
I agree. pretty much everyone who plays with richards is a train wreck. Hopefully stepan signs soon. Miller looks like he can handle the 3 line C

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Sloppy preseason game. Rangers did pretty well controlling the puck for the most part but failed to capitalize on their best chances. Oilers, on the other hand, finished on nearly all of their great chances while not really controlling the pace.

Zuccarello, Allen, Hrivik, Miller, and Staal were all excellent IMO.

Thanks, BB.

Sounding more and more like Hrivik is making this team...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad