Proposal: [NYR/EDM] Kreider/Georgiev/+ for 8th Overall

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Of course he can decide do to what ever he wants

What it is, if NYR give oilers permission, to speak to him and he agrees then you can build a trade

But it is fantasy were just coming up with ways it could happen and having fun with it, relax dude
If anything, it helps the Oilers. You can make the trade for him and then hand him the check book and let him write himself checks till the pen runs dry if you wish. But there is no reason to give the Rangers value for it. If you think he will resign, that's between you and him. I think you're overpaying for the right to be sure.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don`t see Kevin Hayes get signed for Rangers over the summer @bernmeister - we have other options and we need to start playing our centers in proper positions in Lias & Chytil, and both Nam & Strome can do faceoffs to help out.
That article in the NYPost where he mentioned money like 4 times makes me think he's not taking a dollar less than what he feels he's worth. Remember Zucc signing sweetheart deals because he wanted to be a Ranger? Hayes is the other guy. I may turn out to be wrong but I feel like Kevin Hayes would go play hockey for the freaking Taliban if they paid the most. I guess we will see this summer.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes many US/Canada players are like that if they feel they are worth near the market value @SML2 . Anyway Zucc is UFA this summer and I`m not certain that the Dallas GM will sign him with that 2020 1st rnd cost.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Sounds very unlikely but I've heard 101 worse proposals involving Lucic and Edmonton's 1st rounder.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Okay ill give it another shot

Edmonton
Kreider (signed)
Georgiev
500k AAV retained Lucic contract

New york
Milan lucic $3.0 million AAV 4 years
(Agrees waives NMC expansion draft)
8th overall 2019

3rd team

$2.5 million AAV retention on Lucic 4 years
Assets from NYR and oilers

By the time NYR start competing

Shattenkirk, staal, smith, belesky, lundquivst, spooner all off the salary cap

Dan girardi buy out will drop to $1.11

The NYR have a good thing going best thing to do is take time in devolping and ill say this the most dangerous thing in sports is a new york team with salary cap space

Their going to need protection though with all the kids

This deal is also very simliar to the stepan+raanta for 7th overall trade

Kreider reupped and Georgiev is good value, especially given Edmonton's needs, for the #8 pick. Shoehorning Lucic who is an anchor who nobody wants is just silly and unrealistic. Also unrealistic to expect NYR to not only retain some on Lucic in addition when Kreider is assumed re-signed, but also to pay a 3rd team assets to take on Lucic. That's peak hf trade board. Can't you just have a deal that makes sense for both sides, not one that answers all of your biggest problems? How realistic is this at all?

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Kreider reupped and Georgiev is good value, especially given Edmonton's needs, for the #8 pick. Shoehorning Lucic who is an anchor who nobody wants is just silly and unrealistic. Also unrealistic to expect NYR to not only retain some on Lucic in addition when Kreider is assumed re-signed, but also to pay a 3rd team assets to take on Lucic. That's peak hf trade board. Can't you just have a deal that makes sense for both sides, not one that answers all of your biggest problems? How realistic is this at all?

I agree, if EDM. is looking to trade Lucic with the pick, they are not going to get value back.
Kreider and Georgiev for the 8th might work out.......adding Lucic does not.

Pionk for Klefbom anyone?

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I like the idea of Kreider to oilers. He would be a great fit in that top 6. But the other pieces in this thread don’t make sense.

The oilers would not give up a top 10 pick for Kreider as a pending UFA. The rangers will not trade for Lucic and will not trade Georgiev.

As great of a prospect as Shestyorkin is, its so tough to find great goaltending. Georgiev has a lot to prove but the sample this year was very promising for a rebuilding team.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Can we have one Oilers related thread without having to force Lucic into it? Nobody's improving their team in a deal involving Lucic, and that includes Edmonton.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If Edm can't offload Lucic with their 8th OA, then they should keep the pick and draft BPA. I don't see why they would gamble that pick on an unproven goalie and a pending UFA. This deal favors the Rangers, and kind of screws Edm.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Lucic is underrated in a bottom 6 role, but he is not a top 6 role player he was some years ago I understand that.

Lucic contract is not good, but in a Quinn`s system and when they are working hard on the puck and ice battles - so he is a great fit for this system in a bottom 6 role. Besides Lucic won`t push us towards the playoffs like Panarin, and we dont need that next season without a proper NHL defense.
I'm really not trying to be rude or sidetrack your conversation but what's with your "Lucia is underrated " comment?
Have you watched him play over the last 2 years? He is not underrated. He does not belong in the nhl anymore in any capacity. Not even at league minimum.
Including Lucic in any deal likely kills the deal.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
i think it might not be enough but we need to move lucic and i think that 8th might be involved

How about

Edmonton
Kreider (signed)
Georgiev
750k AAV retained lucic contract 4 years

New york
8th overall
$2.25 million AAV retained Lucic contract 4 years

3rd team
Milan Lucic $3.0 million AAV 4 years
(Agrees to waive NMC for expansion draft)
Assets from NYR and Oilers

That might be to much for NYR to give up but we cant mess a trade up alot of pressure in edmonton

This would be a trade at the draft and Kreider can’t sign a new contract until July 1.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Of course he can decide do to what ever he wants

What it is, if NYR give oilers permission, to speak to him and he agrees then you can build a trade

But it is fantasy were just coming up with ways it could happen and having fun with it, relax dude

This is probably the only scenario this works. If we can talk beforehand and he’s open to an extension/signs one immediately upon landing like Mark Stone, great. If he wants to test free agency, easy pass.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This would be a trade at the draft and Kreider can’t sign a new contract until July 1.

Then Edmonton is probably not interested. We need long term solutions and 8th overall is much more likely to be that than only one guaranteed season of Kreider and then presumably whatever value we could recover at the deadline.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’d rather go w Hank and Georgie one more year w Sherts in the AHL.... then the next year it’s a tough decision but ideally keep both Russians long term

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Good. U can't have him.

Maybe you can win the lottery for the millionth time and draft a goalie with #1

Make sure you see how he plays against you first tho... that seems to be your criteria for measurement.
It's weird.. Georgiev has so much potential and yet he's in a million proposals.

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
Then Edmonton is probably not interested. We need long term solutions and 8th overall is much more likely to be that than only one guaranteed season of Kreider and then presumably whatever value we could recover at the deadline.
I think that’s really fair, just curious, if CK would agree to an extension beforehand much like Stone - say 6x6.5 - what package would suffice from the Rangers to get the 8OA?

CK + 2 2nds (assume ours which is still quite high + TBs since they are looking like an early out?)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good. U can't have him.

Maybe you can win the lottery for the millionth time and draft a goalie with #1

Make sure you see how he plays against you first tho... that seems to be your criteria for measurement.

We’ve won the lottery the same amount of times as the Devils now. Wonder if they’ll get the same amount of abuse that we have.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
It's weird.. Georgiev has so much potential and yet he's in a million proposals.

We have arguably the best goalie prospect in the world (top-3 at worst) behind him.

EDIT: And a declining but first ballot HoFer in front of him,

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think that’s really fair, just curious, if CK would agree to an extension beforehand much like Stone - say 6x6.5 - what package would suffice from the Rangers to get the 8OA?

CK + 2 2nds (assume ours which is still quite high + TBs since they are looking like an early out?)

I would consider that, yes - though I think 6.5 is a lot for his production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad