Proposal: [NYR/EDM] Kreider/Georgiev/+ for 8th Overall

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
What would NY have to add to make this possible?

We could really use one of Dach/Turcotte/Krebs/Zegras.

Personally I think Georgiev+Kreider (assuming he can be resigned) alone is enough value for #8 and better fits the Oilers for their window and current needs than a #8 pick would.

Reactions: Ori and STHLM

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Alex Turcotte will more likely go 4th or 5th oa though - it depends of Col need, but he might be another elite center and got the tools to have a high upside.
Georgiev is a special goalie with B+ grade season in my report card for Rangers so I doubt they will move him next season since Henrik had a C season.
And Kreider is maybe B-, but he played hurt based on his hamstering injury in March 2019 so I blame the Franchise on that one to not rest him.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
i think it might not be enough but we need to move lucic and i think that 8th might be involved

How about

Edmonton
Kreider (signed)
Georgiev
750k AAV retained lucic contract 4 years

New york
8th overall
$2.25 million AAV retained Lucic contract 4 years

3rd team
Milan Lucic $3.0 million AAV 4 years
(Agrees to waive NMC for expansion draft)
Assets from NYR and Oilers

That might be to much for NYR to give up but we cant mess a trade up alot of pressure in edmonton

Last edited:
Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Rangers might do it to accellerate the rebuild since Rangers have a high profile russian goalie in the farm so deep this 2019 draft.
I personally like Lucic as a player and he fit that Quinn`s coaching style. :)
I agree Kreider fits Oilers much better compare to Rangers, because we need picks and we need to wait to our D prospects from 2018 draft to develop.

Last edited:

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
Rangers might do it to accellerate the rebuild since Rangers have a high profile russian goalie in the farm so deep this 2019 draft.
I personally like Lucic as a player and he fit that Quinn`s coaching style. :)
I agree Kreider fits Oilers much better compare to Rangers, because we need picks and we need to wait to our D prospects from 2018 draft to develop.
In the deal i proposed lucic would go to a 3rd team but as a rangers fan would you guys take lucic?

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
In the deal i proposed lucic would go to a 3rd team but as a rangers fan would you guys take lucic?

Yes I`m positive and coach Quinn need such players at our bottom 6 for sure. I highly doubt we will go after Panarin based on rebuild the right way and dont hurry the process, and we have cap space for Lucic. And he is a good veteran present as well which is a great bonus especially when Jeff moved Zucc to Dallas Stars.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
Yes I`m positive and coach Quinn need such players at our bottom 6 for sure. I highly doubt we will go after Panarin based on rebuild the right way and dont hurry the process, and we have cap space for Lucic. And he is a good veteran present as well which is a great bonus especially when Jeff moved Zucc to Dallas Stars.
I find with the division their in islanders and tom wilson in washington with the addition of a more european style team, other teams might taken liberty on NYR

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Lucic contract can be moved in 2021 though - so I`m not worried about his contract. But exact trade value is not far off, because the prospects in top 10 in 2019 draft is very good. What Rangers dont need is to extend Kreiders contract with 5-6 years since he is closer to 30 now. And it will take some years until we aim for playoffs for sure with a solid NHL quality defense.

I find with the division their in islanders and tom wilson in washington with the addition of a more european style team, other teams might taken liberty on NYR

It`s very hard for me to evaluate a goalie exact value, but we have a low 1st +prospect for Kevin Hayes and he is a center, so in my view I would go for it.

Last edited:

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
Lucic contract can be moved in 2021 though - so I`m not worried about his contract. But exact trade value is not far off, because the prospects in top 10 in 2019 draft is very good. What Rangers dont need is to extend Kreiders contract with 5-6 years since he is closer to 30 now. And it will take some years until we aim for playoffs for sure with a solid NHL quality defense.

It`s very hard for me to evaluate a goalie exact value, but we have a low 1st +prospect for Kevin Hayes and he is a center, so in my view I would go for it.
Okay ill give it another shot

Edmonton
Kreider (signed)
Georgiev
500k AAV retained Lucic contract

New york
Milan lucic $3.0 million AAV 4 years
(Agrees waives NMC expansion draft)
8th overall 2019

3rd team

$2.5 million AAV retention on Lucic 4 years
Assets from NYR and oilers

By the time NYR start competing

Shattenkirk, staal, smith, belesky, lundquivst, spooner all off the salary cap

Dan girardi buy out will drop to $1.11

The NYR have a good thing going best thing to do is take time in devolping and ill say this the most dangerous thing in sports is a new york team with salary cap space

Their going to need protection though with all the kids

This deal is also very simliar to the stepan+raanta for 7th overall trade

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Okay ill give it another shot

Edmonton
Kreider (signed)
Georgiev

New york
(Agrees waives NMC expansion draft)
8th overall 2019

3rd team

By the time NYR start competing

Shattenkirk, staal, smith, belesky, lundquivst, spooner all off the salary cap

Dan girardi buy out will drop to $1.11

The NYR have a good thing going best thing to do is take time in devolping and ill say this the most dangerous thing in sports is a new york team with salary cap space

Their going to need protection though with all the kids

This deal is also very simliar to the stepan+raanta for 7th overall trade

If Kreider is signed no need I add much especially the Lucic horrific deal

Stepan got a former first in DeAngelo and top 10 Andersson w Raanta

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I don't like this trade for Edmonton. This is a pretty deep draft and I disagree with Edmonton having a now window.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
If Kreider is signed no need I add much especially the Lucic horrific deal

Stepan got a former first in DeAngelo and top 10 Andersson w Raanta
Ya forgot about deangelo

Stepan if i remember had term on his deal younger when traded, was also a center and raanta was a good goalie

Kreider is ufa next year, winger and georgiev is a good goalie similar to raanta

If signed it becomes somewhat similiar but from an oilers stand point we have to move lucic so it matters on how much the NYR want the 8th overall and take a player they want

If desperation creeps in maybe the NYR do it, cap wise there good for the next 3 years so Lucic wont be an issue

Agian could use him to protect the kids on the team and for only $3.0 million AAV you never know

The reason to get a 3rd team involved is so the NYR take back less money on Lucic, so maybe the Oilers cover the asset for the 3rd team

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Lucic is underrated in a bottom 6 role, but he is not a top 6 role player he was some years ago I understand that.

Lucic contract is not good, but in a Quinn`s system and when they are working hard on the puck and ice battles - so he is a great fit for this system in a bottom 6 role. Besides Lucic won`t push us towards the playoffs like Panarin, and we dont need that next season without a proper NHL defense.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No, NY will not do this trade.
It is unnecessary massive overpayment without justification.

1. I would not get anywhere near Lucic and his contract, toxic in both $ and term.
Sorry @Ori we do NOT need him for tufness.
We have Lemieux for that and Kreider is also tough in his own right.

2. We can get better elsewhere.

3. We get better dealing Kreider and Geor. separately.

I see Geor. to Leafs commanding top dollar, they are a very talented team that should go far, but they are thin in net.

111% def no.

Reactions: Shootertooter

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t know what Gorton will do this summer so hard to speculate.. Maybe he resign Kreider since he is a goal scorer. What do you think @bernmeister ?

Maybe he consider another 2020 TDL sale for the summer draft in 2020.

Last edited:

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
No, NY will not do this trade.
It is unnecessary massive overpayment without justification.

1. I would not get anywhere near Lucic and his contract, toxic in both $ and term.
Sorry @Ori we do NOT need him for tufness.
We have Lemieux for that and Kreider is also tough in his own right.

2. We can get better elsewhere.

3. We get better dealing Kreider and Geor. separately.

I see Geor. to Leafs commanding top dollar, they are a very talented team that should go far, but they are thin in net.

111% def no.
Not even if lucic was at a $3.0 AAV?

Leafs? They have anderson their not thin in net

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don`t know what Gorton will do this summer so hard to speculate about him - maybe he resign Kreider since he is a goal scorer. What do you think @bernmeister

Maybe he consider another 2020 TDL sale for the summer draft in 2020.

Everyone is on the block for the right price, but that does not mean in a vacuum we are looking to move Kreider.
K is very smart and understands what's going on.
He and Hayes know MSG is billion dollar biz.
Play ball now, help us out a bit, build up chits of goodwill.
When you hang up your skates, then you cash in.

So instead of 7/+ m term max yrs each
my prediction is

Hayes returns 5 yrs 6.2 per
Kreider extended 4 yrs. 6.5 per
no NMCs, generous NTCs

I know much of the board disagrees, but Zib, with his contract, etc., is the guy we should CONSIDER to sell high, IF there was truly enough high offer, which there should be.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not even if lucic was at a $3.0 AAV?

Leafs? They have anderson their not thin in net

Geor. pushes Andy, improves their overall G position.
Geor. killed the leafs 2x.
1x can be a fluke.
2x can still be a fluke, but less likely.

And as I said elsewhere, we have better option IMO for 7OA from Sabes.

Sure, I'm interested in 8OA, and to extent would even consider to reasonably overpay; however, must be pieces that I feel work for NYR.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
How many times does this proposal need to be made?

Even if Kreider is signed it's not enough value. He's 28 years old. He's at most a 55 point player in his best season. The 8th pick is exempt from expansion draft. Georgiev isn't even close to Raanta when he was traded. Of all the teams in the league to try to pitch Georgiev to, Edmonton is probably the worst. This guy has let in multiple garbage goals when we play the Rangers. His numbers are not comparable. I understand the idea is similar to Stepan+Raanta for 7th overall two years ago, but it's not the same value.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Jeff might resign Kreider for 4 years he is 31 after that contract. MSG Networks media pressure Rangers Franchise since 2018 draft to start buying high profile UFA already, and they want Panarin so obvious. But we dont have defense for it, and we need ideally another bottom 5-10 position draft in 2020 @bernmeister for Rangers 1st.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
How many times does this proposal need to be made?

Even if Kreider is signed it's not enough value. He's 28 years old. He's at most a 55 point player in his best season. The 8th pick is exempt from expansion draft. Georgiev isn't even close to Raanta when he was traded. Of all the teams in the league to try to pitch Georgiev to, Edmonton is probably the worst. This guy has let in multiple garbage goals when we play the Rangers. His numbers are not comparable. I understand the idea is similar to Stepan+Raanta for 7th overall two years ago, but it's not the same value.
What if lucic is in the deal where the NYR take $3.0 AAV and they find a 3rd team to take $2.5 and we take 500k?

Edmonton
Kreider (signed)
Georgiev

New york
8th overall 2019

3rd team

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't know how many times I have seen it over the years, yet it still happens. Someone explain to me how a signed Kreider is a tradeable asset. He's not signed. He has no obligation to sign. You cannot force him to sign. You certainly aren't going to get him to forego a shot at UFA status without at minimum, giving him a limited NTC and I for one, would be stunned if that sitcom of a front office in Edmonton was not one of the destinations he flips the bird to you for suggesting. So right now, we can trade him anywhere but the presumptive return based on him being signed is fantasy. You're not going to get that.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
I don't know how many times I have seen it over the years, yet it still happens. Someone explain to me how a signed Kreider is a tradeable asset. He's not signed. He has no obligation to sign. You cannot force him to sign. You certainly aren't going to get him to forego a shot at UFA status without at minimum, giving him a limited NTC and I for one, would be stunned if that sitcom of a front office in Edmonton was not one of the destinations he flips the bird to you for suggesting. So right now, we can trade him anywhere but the presumptive return based on him being signed is fantasy. You're not going to get that.
Of course he can decide do to what ever he wants

What it is, if NYR give oilers permission, to speak to him and he agrees then you can build a trade

But it is fantasy were just coming up with ways it could happen and having fun with it, relax dude

Reactions: Dr Awesome and Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t see Kevin Hayes get signed for Rangers over the summer @bernmeister - we have other options and we need to start playing our centers in proper positions in Lias & Chytil, and both Nam & Strome can do faceoffs to help out.

Reactions: slg1963

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I`m very reluctant to trade Georgie ,he is a monster in goal and besides Shestorkin is not ready yet .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad