Proposal: NYR/DET

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
Man with all the damage control Rangers fans are running for DeAngelo you would think they would be yelling at the front office to put him back on the roster rather than desperately trying to dump him.

Reactions: abbbaron

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Man with all the damage control Rangers fans are running for DeAngelo you would think they would be yelling at the front office to put him back on the roster rather than desperately trying to dump him.

Id be fine with that. They’d be selling with his value at an all time low. I don’t think he has character problems. I think he’s just immature.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
DeAngelo
For Glendening and Filpula

money works . 2 UFAs for 1 yr left on Tony

not sure Yzerman wants to take a shot on him ....again ...but he would help their D s depth and can pair w Staal again

NYR gets cap space but it’s a cheap buyout for Detroit if they don’t like what they see

Glendening also can win faceoffs and NYR needs that
Pass from NYR

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You do understand it was directed toward a Caucasian team mate and still doesn’t make it right?

Did I say it made him right or that I condone whatever comments he actually made? No, I did not.

The only thing I object to is when people say he's a racist or made racist comments. It's a lazy narrative people run with because he's a Trump supporter. The Sarnia incident is constantly brought up and people claim he said something racist without having any actual confirmation of what he said, but when you do the research, there were no POC on that team.

Reactions: Barnaby

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Did I say it made him right or that I condone whatever comments he actually made? No, I did not.

The only thing I object to is when people say he's a racist or made racist comments. It's a lazy narrative people run with because he's a Trump supporter. The Sarnia incident is constantly brought up and people claim he said something racist without having any actual confirmation of what he said, but when you do the research, there were no POC on that team.

Did I call him racist? No, I actually defended him in that post and said individuals believe people can't change and that he's been banned for violating league policy using LGBT/Racial slurs as speculation why it comes up so often. He was labeled this pre-2016 election and being extremely vocal for Trump so I don't think this is the only reason nor do I think it's okay to use a derogatory slur even if it's directed at a white individual. So I guess we're saying the same thing but the only difference is you're saying it's okay because no POC was on the team at the time.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Did I call him racist? No, I actually defended him in that post and said individuals believe people can't change and that he's been banned for violating league policy using LGBT/Racial slurs as speculation why it comes up so often. He was labeled this pre-2016 election and being extremely vocal for Trump so I don't think this is the only reason nor do I think it's okay to use a derogatory slur even if it's directed at a white individual. So I guess we're saying the same thing but the only difference is you're saying it's okay because no POC was on the team at the time.

Or you could just come straight out and say that I didn’t bother reading your post, because if that’s what you got from what I said, you didn’t read it at all.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Or you could just come straight out and say that I didn’t bother reading your post, because if that’s what you got from what I said, you didn’t read it at all.
Here's what you initially said.

There were no POC on the 2013-14 Sarnia Sting.
What exactly did he say that was related to race?

So what does your first sentence imply or even read as? Does it even need to be there? My reference to the racial/LGBT ban is factual, that happened more than once. I then defended ADA in that people bring it up as they think he can't change and that he said he used those terms as that's how he was raised (from an interview). So yeah, I read your post and responded accordingly.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
People still trying to talk value into Deangelo eh, any team that wants him will sign him to a 1 year deal after nyr buy him out in the summer.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Many of us want that. I don’t think he did anything wrong.

Many of us don't

people, people, people....

for the umpteenth time.

Other aspects re DeA are moot.
Had none of this happened. we would STILL be looking to move him.
Those who want to hold on,

LET IT GO.

NY needs to sign Nils L a potential star just beginning elc, and he has to feel no one is blocking his path. We do not want him to walk and go back into the draft.
For that reason if he does not want to do us a favor, I would even be open to burning his first yr elc if he starts in NY immediately after signing this season.

Deangelo is out by process of elimination.
He is not supplanting Fox
Trouba controls his NMC for next 3ish yrs
We are NOT losing Nils L for ADeA.

Dea is a vet who wants/deserves to be paid commensurate w/market.
There is ZERO room for that here on RD, and overall team has no prob now but will have $ upgrades so max elcs helpful.

hence bern strategy of dealing vets for futures as a guideline.

Our mistake was not grabbing more for him earlier.
We did the same thing w/Namest.
too many vets held for too long

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

for the umpteenth time.

LET IT GO.

NY needs to sign Nils L a potential star just beginning elc, and he has to feel no one is blocking his path. We do not want him to walk and go back into the draft.
For that reason if he does not want to do us a favor, I would even be open to burning his first yr elc if he starts in NY immediately after signing this season.

There is ZERO room for that here on RD, and overall team has no prob now but will have $ upgrades so max elcs helpful.

Referring to yourself in the third person is not a good look

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

for the umpteenth time.

LET IT GO.

We get it. Your dream strategy would be for the Rangers to ice a team of ELC players each year + Kreider and Boo Nieves.

I also find it very humorous that even with your TLDR bloviated posts you feel the need to abbreviate player names.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad