Proposal: NYR/DET

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by Vitto79, Feb 14, 2021.

1. It's phishing season. Members should beware of an email informing them their password is about to expire. You should delete it. This is a scam to steal passwords.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Good article, yeah it doesn’t mention the incident in detail or discuss Kreider so I can understand both sides. I merely defending my initial post with the reasoning and sources for which you hostilely attacked without providing any source or context, hope you can understand that.

You do understand it was directed toward a Caucasian team mate and still doesn’t make it right? I also defended him in the comment saying some people believe people can’t change and really only referenced it as to why I believe people call him racist/homophobe. I also said whatever he says I fully support his right of speech as given to us by the Bill of Rights. I may not agree with 100% of his stances but I love that he speaks his mind and is willing to defend his position logically. So I’m not sure you understand my post or I’m not understanding what you’re asking. I can provide you with the leagues news on the b

Multiple outlets published the Kreider information like CBS, so a hockey fan that doesn’t religiously follow NY teams would assume this information was vetted. I posted my source as to backup my initial post but received somewhat uncivil comments from multiple posters without any context until much later in the discussion and then debate around semantics. The source also published from Larry Brooks doesn’t provide an incredible amount of context/detail of the Geo incident but rather a Miller incident which I never claimed or even discussed until this post.

2. Pavel Buchnevich Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Student
    CBS didn't publish anything. A CBS blog that collates hockey news took the incorrect blog reports and put it onto their website. Don't attribute that to some official CBS Hockey Department with someone reporting news. They didn't report anything.

Quit while you're behind.

3. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Please quote me, otherwise, there’s no notification. Let’s try to be a little more civil as it just provides a little better dialogue of understanding each person’s position.

Here’s the CBS article I mentioned which mentions Shapiro via social media. Here’s a direct quote which reads like they validated the information but I can understand with the level journalism going on today.

“After the incident was confirmed by several sources close to the team, some details began to emerge on social media”

Rangers place Tony DeAngelo on waivers after fight with teammate, per report

4. Pavel Buchnevich Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Student
    Some of these claims from these bloggers that you are referencing are pretty serious. If you don't know they are true and are reaching to try to back them up, you should be more careful. I don't find this to be a debate over the merits. You are treating these bloggers as real sources and the onus is absolutely on you to back these statements up as true.

David Shapiro is a blogger whose claims have now been pushed back on by just about everyone from agents, the team, and real journalists. Am I wrong? You quoted the CBS collation of hockey news, and they referenced a report that is pretty firmly viewed as inaccurate. Why don't you quote something accurate? If you did that it wouldn't help the narrative you are trying to shape.

I guess the real problem here is that you are viewing this as some fair analysis of journalism. David Shapiro and Adam Herman are hacks. They practice yellow journalism. They made up or reported clear false information about DeAngelo because they personally dislike him. DeAngelo had in the past made fun of them in jest for being bloggers, so they took this situation upon themselves to involve themselves and either make up things that never happened or report information that if vetted would come out as inaccurate. His political views also factored into that, in my estimation, given some of the crazy things they've said about him. They should be condemned, not viewed as a potential source for this discussion. What they did was absolute garbage and they are hacks.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  5. HawkeyTalkMan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I mean as pending UFAs it helps move TDAs full contract and glendening and filpula can certainly be moved for draft picks at the trade deadline. NYR wouldn't be walking away empty handed here and I think it would be better than getting nothing for TDA altogether and needing to buy him out even for a third cap hit

6. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Dave Shapiro lol. The same hack who was pushing the bullshit story that DeAngelo stole Miller’s puck from his 1st career goal.

You have to be one of the most clueless people in the world to assume this donkey has any credibility whatsoever.

A068CC0E-6932-440E-BFF0-63A399D8CBBF.png

Barnaby, Zats Muccarello and Mrfenn92 like this.
  7. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The bloggers may have crazy conspiracy theories on their site but I didn’t go to their site. I went to CBS with two sports writers which documented it with multiple sources in or near the organization confirming and showed Shapiro’s tweet and it reads like he’s not the only. It isn’t my job to fact check the CBS writers or validate their work nor has anyone still provided me with a source that ‘clearly’ debunks or refutes the Kreider claim. I’ve read the Larry Brooks article another poster provided by it was about ADA dating back to junior to the current event nor does it go into detail about the Geo incident (more so Miller rumor/Twitter account) which I acknowledged saying how I can see their point as it didn’t go into specifics and can see it both ways. I also mentioned Gorton’s comments about the incidents much earlier in this thread and can understand why the details are extremely vague across the news outlets because of such. The onus isn’t on me to prove these statements as they’ve been published to a news site and there are libel laws that someone/organization can’t spread false information knowingly. The first step is a retraction which still hasn’t been done and probably won’t unless someone like Gorton/FO comes out to debunk it or ADA sues for libel.

8. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Or you don’t follow NY bloggers religiously. I didn’t even know about the Miller incident until the Larry Brooks article you sent me.

9. Dr Quincy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Pretty much every reputable source has debunked the Krieder or Trouba thing.

10. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Kind of off topic but what’s the Trouba/ADA thing? Nothing comes up on Google.

11. Dr Quincy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That it was Trouba that punched ADA. There was some speculation it was Kreider, some that it was Trouba and it turns out it was neither. Just Georgiev.

12. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Interesting never saw that even just tried looking for it. The initial thing I saw was the CBS article I referenced and then today the New York Post & a third (Defector) referencing the New York Post article and how three were involved but the third was stopping the fight (no name).

13. sbbbaron Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    it's likely by design that one can't easily find some of the more salacious rumors that circulating at the time; if you haven't noticed NYR has been putting on quite the PR rehabilitation blitz to try and salvage something out of their recent $6mil min. commitment

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  14. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    PR blitz..? There’s been 1 article lol. And Tony makes 4.8m, not 6.

[Mod] Sorry to disappoint you, but ADA did not steal Miller’s puck. Nor does he punch baby llamas in the head.

Last edited by moderator slocal: Feb 22, 2021
  15. sbbbaron Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    NYR associates have been trying to cleanup and now flip the script through various means since Jan
    sorry to disappoint you, but 4.3m in year 1 salary + buyout = +6m

[Mod]

Last edited by moderator slocal: Feb 22, 2021
  16. MBH Players Play

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    Deadspin twice reported the bullshit about ADA and the burner account.
    Be skeptical about everything.
    People are just f***ing see what's hot on Twitter and writing stories.

Dr Quincy likes this.
  17. Boondock Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Kessel's issues revolved around him not liking media and a perceived notion that he lacked commitment to his fitness. ADA's issues are that he is a head case with multiple infractions revolving around hateful or racist language, multiple suspensions for abuse of an official, fighting a teammate, off ice social media behavior that highlights ignorance, immaturity and a lack of intelligence. To me this is like comparing Voynov to Jake Virtanen. Not really apples to apples.

18. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The only mention of ADA’s Twitter account by me was in regards to the Larry Brooks interview. Nothing negative but merely stating that content from ADA is present in the article but I agree people should be skeptical.

19. Boondock Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Are you actually trying to sell the dislike towards ADA as politically motivated? He has had issues with people on and off the ice since junior. This clearly points towards ADA as the problem. There are total a$$hole$ on all sides of a politics but the ADA issue is clearly ADA - not politics and "Fake news"

20. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Who are the NYR associates trying to clean anything up? You got names?

21. TS Quint Ads block my entire view of this site on mobile.

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Then you are missing the point.

22. Lindberg Cheese Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Dude stop, it’s not what you said or quoted it was the timing. Hang in there with me, for the first 12 hours after the incident all kinds of shit was being said, the Queen of England May have well been involved in the fracas. Then the story came out, statements were made, stuff verified, etc and here you come 10 days later quoting one of the first hour rumors. Gotta catch up my man.

23. Lindberg Cheese Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    NYR uses the Wolf
    upload_2021-2-22_18-28-35.jpeg

Kupo likes this.
  24. Lindberg Cheese Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    He just looks like the kind of guy who makes stuff up about others to cover for his own inadequacies and insecurities, you know that look

25. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We’ve been over this in multiple posts since. I’ve posted where I saw information for my initial post and evidence to back it up. People (well only one) are providing articles that really don’t conclusively answer which I acknowledged (even say how I can see both sides and can agree) based on the vague answers and how Gorton isn’t responding. I’ve then been harped on by multiple users in a fashion that isn’t constructive for healthily dialogue and against forum rules. This honestly wouldn’t have gone on for this long if the initial posters provided an article initially debunking my statement or tried arguing using semantics or made it political.