Proposal: NYR/DET

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by Vitto79, Feb 14, 2021.

1. It's phishing season. Members should beware of an email informing them their password is about to expire. You should delete it. This is a scam to steal passwords.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. One Winged Angel You Can't Escape

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No, they don’t. If they’re taking back salary, it will be as an incentive to get a better return. The buyout for DeAngelo is at 1/3 the cost of a normal buyout. The dead cap hit on the books for him will be minimal and with Lundqvist’s (5.5m - 1.5 = 4m) and Shattenkirk’s (6.083m - 1.433m = 4.65m) buyouts dropping by 8.65m and Brendan Smith’s 4.35m coming off the books, that’s 13m off the books.

Kupo likes this.
  2. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Geo isn’t a captain, lol. He’s our backup goalie. At least get your facts straight if you’re going to comment.

Marc Staal is as well respected around the league as it gets. He was DeAngelo’s on-ice partner most of the past two seasons before the veteran was sent to Detroit this offseason. The pair developed a bond off the ice, as well.

“There has never been any indication at all that Tony has racist tendencies,” No. 18 told The Post. “I hear these things about him, and it’s as if they’re talking about a different person. The guys here in Detroit, they’re all super-curious about him.

“I feel bad for him, to be honest. Whether it’s the junior stuff that warps into this, I don’t know. He’s a lightning rod, and yeah, he yells at coaches and referees and he has these moments where he goes overboard, but he’s a good teammate.

“Racist? I’m telling you, some of this stuff is just insane.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...er-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/amp/

One Winged Angel likes this.
  3. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Wasn’t it reported that Kreider and not Geo punched ADA? The initial reports were Geo and then a few hours later Kreider. No need to come off as an a** either when you don’t even have the facts.

First result from a Google search.

“As mentioned before, it is unknown which teammate threw the punch, but two separate sources reached out to AMNY Metro and claimed it was veteran forward, Chris Kreider, further adding to the speculation that was put forth by other outlets”

source - Tony DeAngelo punched by teammate in altercation that led to Rangers waiving him: Source | amNewYork

What do you expect Staal to say? It’s a catch 22 if he throws ADA under the bus for being a poor locker room guy. Just because Staal says he isn’t a racist doesn’t make him a good team mate...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  4. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Initial reports? By whom? Hacks on Twitter you follow?

5. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    See my edited initial post for a source. Multiple, can post a Google search for you if you need it.

6. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Pantorno and especially Shapiro are both hacks.

Staal was quoted critiquing ADA too, saying he yells at coaches and sometimes goes overboard. It wasn’t all fluff.

7. sbbbaron Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    in what world did Panarin not factor into any of DeAngelo's scoring this season or last?

OgeeOgelthorpe likes this.
  8. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Gorton hasn’t provided details about the altercation except that ADA has played his last game for the NYR. Seems legit to then assume Kreider was in some capacity involved in the altercation unless the team or a player comes out with other information than what is currently on the web.

Would you expect Staal to say ADA is an angel when he’s been suspended at the junior and NHL level multiple times for referee abuse, racial slurs, etc? Seems like any crappy reporter should be able to criticize that on the spot. I’m not saying it was a fluff piece but you can definitely tell most NHL players try to be a little PC so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

I wish ADA all the best but personally I don’t want him near Detroit’s locker room. If we were talking about a 90s/00s Detroit team with amazing leadership then that’s a different story.

9. Pavel Buchnevich Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Student
    He wasn’t punched in the face by a captain.

10. Pavel Buchnevich Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Student
    You are now moving the goalposts. I guess Makar sucks because MacKinnon factored into his offense.

11. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Isn’t Kreider a captain on your team?

12. sbbbaron Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    :laugh:
    in what world did you not assert that transplanting DeAngelo into the historically bad DRW would make him their top scorer, and ask me to address that point? apparently the same world where being reminded how the Wings didn't/don't have Panarin (or even Zibanejad-level offensive talent) to piggyback off of becomes 'moving the goalposts'?
    maybe also the same world where DeAngelo has plenty of value to NYR because they can just apologize to him and welcome him back in the locker room-- a place where he was a 'great presence'-- so he can get back to playing a game where +/- is worthless? :nod:

what a fascinating place

13. MBH Players Play

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    If Staal wanted, he could have said nothing.

Kupo likes this.
  14. MBH Players Play

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    There's no real reporting that says that.
    Just idiot bloggers - the same liars who lied about the K'Andre first goal puck.

Kupo likes this.
  15. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    He essentially did the same thing by stating the obvious.

There’s also no real reporting on the actual incident from the club other than Gorton acknowledged the altercation occurred and ADA has played his last game for the NYR.

16. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It’s painful watching you struggle.

Geo went after ADA in the tunnel after ADA made a comment towards him. Kreider did not punch him.

Stop being a sheep who believes in everything he reads on Twitter, or articles by hacks with no credible sources.

And Staal didn’t say nothing. He said some good things about Tony, and some bad things.

Larry Brooks accurately reported what happened.

Lindberg Cheese likes this.
  17. MBH Players Play

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    Funny who believes "fake news" all of the sudden. Yet another thing poisoned by politics.

18. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It’s painful watching you resort to slander when someone actually proves you wrong while trying to have a rational discussion. I’ve defended all my points and clearly you can’t argue against them.

What are you even talking about? This coming from the guy that put words into Staal’s mouth. This isn’t even a political discussion which is also banned from this site...

19. MBH Players Play

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    You argued that Kreider punched DeAngelo in the face. Something refuted by real reporters.

The DeAngelo haters have been saying he's a "horrible person," a "racist," a "homophobe," and a bad teammate.

There's no basis for it. Not a single report legit confirms any of this.
    There is basis for the idea that he's not a great employee, and not someone who'll represent your club image very well.
    But you guys are so invested in your emotional powderkeg arguments that you can't make that important distinction.

THen you shit all over the Staal interview simply because it goes against what you're trying to assert.
    Marc Staal - a longtime NHL veteran - if he thought DeAngelo was a jerk and a bad teammate - wouldn't come out and say that. He'd give Brooks a "no comment" or maybe off-the-record comments.
    Instead, he went to bat for the guy.

Every reporter who worked with him in NY seems to have gone to bat for Tony D.
    The assholes out in BC who tweet for the Athletic want him canceled and want the NYR taken to task for promoting him all these years.
    They don't know the guy at all. But they're convinced DeAngelo has no place in the NHL based on their expertise.

I wish Detroit had the leadership to take on DeAngelo. But we don't. We have even less than the Rangers.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  20. BStinson Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I provided one source initially and then later said multiple can be provided via Google (the initial one I read was CBS). I then also referenced the Gorton comment which is probably going to be the most “non-fake news”. Where is a reputable reporter saying the Kreider incident didn’t occur with legitimate sources? No one has provided these to me but rather used personal attacks for the basis of their argument.

I didn’t shit on Staal’s interview but rather pointed out the catch 22 he’d be in to answer some questions. Even a “no comment” provides some context and is a lose-lose situation unless it was something he knows nothing about and isn’t hockey related like asking his opinion on GME.

I have no problem being vocal about his beliefs/values, after all, it’s in the US - Bill of Rights. The “racist/homophobe” comments come about because he’s been banned for racial & LGBT slurs and some people think people don’t change. There is also an interview with him discussing this and pretty much says that’s how he grew up. I get it.

21. Kupo MAFIA, MOUNT UP! Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Larry Brooks - credible.

Joe Pantorno and dumbass David Shapiro - not credible.

Even DeAngelo himself named Geo in the interview. Everybody but you has come to learn that Kreider did not punch Tony.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...er-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/amp/

Coming up on two weeks since being expelled from the Rangers in the wake of the Jan. 30postgame physical altercation with Alexandar Georgiev, which the defenseman provoked with a verbal insult

The thing with Alex, exactly like he said, emotions got away

22. One Winged Angel You Can't Escape

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    LOL, Shapiro, who gets his information from Herman. Hahahaha.

For your own sake, stop.

23. One Winged Angel You Can't Escape

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    There were no POC on the 2013-14 Sarnia Sting.

What exactly did he say that was related to race?

24. Pavel Buchnevich Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Student
    It’s all there. Read any report by someone like Larry Brooks, Vince Mercogliano, or Rick Carpiniello, actual reporters that cover the team. A blogger who hates DeAngelo for off-ice reasons reported a flat out false report that everyone has refuted, including journalists, the team, and the agents of the players who were dragged into it with the untrue reports. The people who hate DeAngelo tried to turn this into a circus with a number of untrue suggestions. What’s true is that the back up goalie and DeAngelo got into a fight after a game, which was quickly broken up. There were no other participants. No one serious has stated there was.

25. One Winged Angel You Can't Escape

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I’m still waiting for him to tell me what Tony said that was racist.