Proposal: NYR/DET

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
Attitude problems can be a very qualitative exercise for a desperate GM sore.y needing a 50+ pt PPQB RD. He does his mea culpas, which have started, and the news moves to page 17. It’s still fresh, as the political saying goes he wasn’t caught with a dead girl or live boy.
I don't doubt that a desperate GM might eventually roll the dice if they can send a liability the other way, but I don't see that requisite desperation in Yzerman. And as the saying goes 'what have you done for me lately?', extending back to the play-ins he's sporting an impressive -12 and 2pts (both PPA) thru 9 games played. Topped off with well documented challenges in 'professionalism'

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
pass from NY too, does nothing to support NYR rebuild,

not contending this year, dont need two older F's clogging the roster
(and those guys can also bring DRW back decent retrun from contenders)

NYR under zero presure to move Tony D
they will wait for a return they value

not saying they get huge return, but this deal is almost a negative return,
no offense intended to the players,

there is just virtually no benefit to NYR to add those guys, instead of possible a comparable aged/CapHit player, or B/B+ prospect(s)
You're not getting anything of value at all for DeAngelo

Reactions: Flyer lurker

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
You're not getting anything of value at all for DeAngelo
Maybe, but NYR under no pressure to make a painful deal.
Perhaps the value, to NYR, of OP is then flipping the DRW vets to contenders, for picks

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
DeAngelo
For Glendening and Filpula

money works . 2 UFAs for 1 yr left on Tony

not sure Yzerman wants to take a shot on him ....again ...but he would help their D s depth and can pair w Staal again

NYR gets cap space but it’s a cheap buyout for Detroit if they don’t like what they see

Glendening also can win faceoffs and NYR needs that

Throw in a draft pick.
DeAngelo + 3rd
for
Filppula

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The savings does nothing for NYR next year as we can project being 10 mil under the cap. The 833,333 yer after does sting though. Do the projection and inform yourself.
Sure here is the information.
ADA has been putrid on the ice this year.
ADA was an abomination on the ice in the bubble.
He is a horse's backside in the locker room.
His best success has been when ADA and Panarin are on the ice at the same time(even at different positions). There are less than 5 teams that have a Panarin type quality player on their roster.
There is not one team that projects to wants ADA at 4.8m next year. At one year at 1-1.5m next year after he is placed on waivers, who knows? Maybe need a season in KHL to get out of memory.
The absolutely BEST you can hope is to match salary and not pay the 1.6m over 2 years. This is not DET or OTT as there is no reason for them to go all in this year and risk defense growth in their own prospects. You need a contending team, expiring 4.5-5 mish of contracts and a pp that is below average.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Sure here is the information.
ADA has been putrid on the ice this year.
ADA was an abomination on the ice in the bubble.
He is a horse's backside in the locker room.
His best success has been when ADA and Panarin are on the ice at the same time(even at different positions). There are less than 5 teams that have a Panarin type quality player on their roster.
There is not one team that projects to wants ADA at 4.8m next year. At one year at 1-1.5m next year after he is placed on waivers, who knows? Maybe need a season in KHL to get out of memory.
The absolutely BEST you can hope is to match salary and not pay the 1.6m over 2 years. This is not DET or OTT as there is no reason for them to go all in this year and risk defense growth in their own prospects. You need a contending team, expiring 4.5-5 mish of contracts and a pp that is below average.
The buy out in cap terms is 1.27 over 2 years. The issue is that 2nd year 833,333. The NYR would dump him for just about anything that doesn’t represent a cap charge in 22-23 when we’ll need every penny.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The buy out in cap terms is 1.27 over 2 years. The issue is that 2nd year 833,333. The NYR would dump him for just about anything that doesn’t represent a cap charge in 22-23 when we’ll need every penny.
Agreed and understood. If Rangers were offered matching expiring contracts for this season they should take it and run. Who they acquire back is irrelevant.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lol, if NYR management had received any offer in the same ballpark as the OP's, they'd have fallen over themselves
but playing pretend 'that's not enough' is always fun

Funny how you want us to take this deal because it majorly suits your team, but are also telling us we should take it for reasons you clearly don’t believe. The dishonesty in your posts are astounding. None of us run anything. No reason to try to lie.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone claiming he doesn’t have value to the Rangers is missing one clear point.

You apologize to the player for waiving him, put him back on ice, and he contributes as a top 4 defensemen. That’s plenty of value to the team.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
Funny how you want us to take this deal because it majorly suits your team, but are also telling us we should take it for reasons you clearly don’t believe. The dishonesty in your posts are astounding. None of us run anything. No reason to try to lie.
you missed the mark wide, wide right

Anyone claiming he doesn’t have value to the Rangers is missing one clear point.

You apologize to the player for waiving him, put him back on ice, and he contributes as a top 4 defensemen. That’s plenty of value to the team.
and why oh why hasn't this happened yet? because the bidding war for this guy's services (-12 over his last 9 games) just continues to escalate?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
you missed the mark wide, wide right

and why oh why hasn't this happened yet? because the bidding war for this guy's services (-12 over his last 9 games) just continues to escalate?

You are suggesting that throwing two bad contracts at us for a mid 20's defensemen with a pretty moderate RFA contract who would've led your team in points last season somehow wouldn't benefit your team?

How rich.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
You are suggesting that throwing two bad contracts at us for a mid 20's defensemen with a pretty moderate RFA contract who would've led your team in points last season somehow wouldn't benefit your team?

How rich.
and whose -12 over last 9 games would place him among the league's worst and would be worst on the Wings' roster by a country mile? I mean if the mission is to tank hard, he might have a role there, but that generally isn't something you pay up for

but if you insist, I'll just have wait to see the haul NYR brings in once this bidding war finally concludes

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

That's pure fantasy.

Reality is:
A. Bitetto
A. Fox
L. Hajek
J. Johnson
R. Lindgren
B. Smith

with Hajek nearly getting 21 minutes TOI.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I wouldn't want him due to reputation.
Yzerman already owned his rights in TB and got rid of the player then.

I think he saw this coming. I am very very confident Yzerman would never add someone with this much chemistry / publicity downside.

Also considering how bad our team is.... we were your best hope for a taker for this player too.

So I think he gets bought out... and then I don't think anyone signs him again... ever.

I’m on the complete opposite side. If this clown is going somewhere he needs to be in a room with strong leadership.

I would use Fat Phil as a lesser example. I don’t think Phil’s talent should ever have been questioned. The problem is Leafs management at the time we’re brain dead. There were clear problems with the team and the best players would hide from the media and “not take responsibility”. Leaf management got pressured by the media to have their most talented and coincidentally the dumbest players on their team, possible the entire NHL to face the media. As bad as things were for the Leafs putting idiots like Kessel and Phaneuf was like pouring gas on the fire.

The Leafs then decided to pay Kessel to win Cups in Pittsburgh. The dynamic in that locker room with that leadership group was able to handle Kessel. They had Kessel put into the background and had smart leaders handle the media.

If a team wants to take on ADA they need a strong and talented leadership group. I wouldn’t wish ADA on the Habs but if any captain could handle ADA it would be Weber.

ADA on a team where he is a top dog just encourages his mental illness.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’m on the complete opposite side. If this clown is going somewhere he needs to be in a room with strong leadership.

I would use Fat Phil as a lesser example. I don’t think Phil’s talent should ever have been questioned. The problem is Leafs management at the time we’re brain dead. There were clear problems with the team and the best players would hide from the media and “not take responsibility”. Leaf management got pressured by the media to have their most talented and coincidentally the dumbest players on their team, possible the entire NHL to face the media. As bad as things were for the Leafs putting idiots like Kessel and Phaneuf was like pouring gas on the fire.

The Leafs then decided to pay Kessel to win Cups in Pittsburgh. The dynamic in that locker room with that leadership group was able to handle Kessel. They had Kessel put into the background and had smart leaders handle the media.

If a team wants to take on ADA they need a strong and talented leadership group. I wouldn’t wish ADA on the Habs but if any captain could handle ADA it would be Weber.

ADA on a team where he is a top dog just encourages his mental illness.

Key here is to remember, if he is a compatible fit, great.
If not, ship his ass to the taxi squad.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
and whose -12 over last 9 games would place him among the league's worst and would be worst on the Wings' roster by a country mile? I mean if the mission is to tank hard, he might have a role there, but that generally isn't something you pay up for

but if you insist, I'll just have wait to see the haul NYR brings in once this bidding war finally concludes

Even if I hypothetically bought all this nonsense about +\- in a small sample (it’s worthless in a large sample and more so in a small sample), why don’t you address the point that he’d be your best scorer? Or does that not matter of +\- in a small sample?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fans of opposing teams seem very unaware that DeAngelo doesn’t have locker room problems. He had a falling out with coach/management. Don’t make him into a locker room issue. He’s widely viewed as a great presence within a locker room.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
Even if I hypothetically bought all this nonsense about +\- in a small sample (it’s worthless in a large sample and more so in a small sample), why don’t you address the point that he’d be your best scorer? Or does that not matter of +\- in a small sample?
in what world does Artemi Panarin play for the Wings?

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Fans of opposing teams seem very unaware that DeAngelo doesn’t have locker room problems. He had a falling out with coach/management. Don’t make him into a locker room issue. He’s widely viewed as a great presence within a locker room.
Being punched in the face by a captain = great locker room presence?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad