Proposal: NYR-Colorado

Wolfpack21

Dec 14, 2008
Ranger fan in Jersey
Hey guys, I'm a Rangers fan and I was slightly thinking about a trade. I don't pride myself on my ability to value players that's why this is more of a fun thought. Also to note I don't believe the Avs would do this because if something ain't broken why fix it!

Before everyone gets mad, this is more of a proposal to build around. I'm sure many will say the Rangers need to add so I'm curious what the final result would look like!

To Colorado- Girardi, Brassard, and Pyatt

To Rangers- Stastny and Barrie

Both Girardi and Stastny are pending Ufas and fit each teams needs

Both Brassard and Barrie are pending Rfas and serviceable to fill the holes of the traded players.

Pyatt can be a serviceable 3/4 liner but I don't know how or even if he could fit into your offensive lineup but it evens out the salery.

I'm probably very far off, but curious as to how much needs to be added from an Av's fans POV!

BTW congrats on the early success, I think it's awesome and rooting for you guys!

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I wouldn't be at all against that trade if we were playing poorly.

I just don't think we need to make this trade when we are playing very well and everyone is playing within themselves.

The thing with this proposal is though that all three of your assets are basically UFAs as Brassard only has 1 more year of RFA. (and yes I understand Staz is an UFA as well)

The value is good, but I don't see us needing to do this unless EJ gets injured and we start losing games.
Losing Barrie would sting though, and if EJ gets injured he might actually get some playing time.

I think it's a solid proposal, but I wouldn't do this for the Avs due to the expiring contracts and us playing well.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I would hope that Avs priority is to re-sign Stastny. He's a very good two-way center.

I think Girardi might be the next Volchenkov, where people will wonder what happened to him. Taking that much punishment just wears you down.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like Girardi and wanted Stastny traded but now we should just re-sign him. He's playing well and we don't need to give Downie 4M/yr anymore.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Priority 1: Re-sign Stastny
Priority 2: If he won't re-sign, ship him off for a 1st+prospect at the deadline.

Avs shouldn't go acquiring rentals yet.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hmm, I would have a hard time saying "No" to this immediately...I would want to think about it most definitely.

Ideally I'd see if we could leave out Barrie and put in someone else, what do you think about that OP?

Wolfpack21

Dec 14, 2008
Ranger fan in Jersey
Hmm, I would have a hard time saying "No" to this immediately...I would want to think about it most definitely.

Ideally I'd see if we could leave out Barrie and put in someone else, what do you think about that OP?

Which side does Barrie play BTW? I just assumed right. The thing most ranger fans will say about trading Girardi is that it really depletes our RD Depth. Our starting RD would be Starlman and while I love him I think first pairing duties is over doing it.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Which side does Barrie play BTW? I just assumed right. The thing most ranger fans will say about trading Girardi is that it really depletes our RD Depth. Our starting RD would be Starlman and while I love him I think first pairing duties is over doing it.

yeah, he plays right side. started on left side this year and struggled. been on press box since.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Well, he hasn't been playing. He started the year out on the left side I believe, but he had some issues on the PP and didn't look as good as he did last year, so Roy has taken him out. I'm sure that he'll get another chance.

Not sure who I'd put in his place though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wouldn't do this trade. Been saying for the last 4 years that if you give Stastny an actual line and a coach who believes in him, he'll revert back to 70 point Stastny and that's exactly where I think he'll end up this season.

Another poster mentioned that Girardi may be the next Volchenkov and I 100% agree. It's a shame to see it happen but guys who put their bodies on the line more-so than others in terms of blocking shot after shot and playing physical wear down quicker, and Girardi is one of those guys. I don't think he'd be able to help us

If we MUST trade Stastny, I'd prefer a left-handed defenseman coming back

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
The value is there I think, but like so many other people have said Paul is proving he was just Sacco'd. (For the record, I said this when a lot of others were all trade stastnying.)

I'd hate to disrupt things with a trade right now. I'd definitely hate to give up Barrie too.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'd be more interested in Moore to be honest, but I doubt the Rangers will want to give him up for Barrie/Elliott + a low pick :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad