Proposal: NYR/Chi

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If you think this is a brutal trade you know nothing about hockey.
Saad has 1 year left on his contract.

What are your intentions with him after next season?

Do you plan on Re-Signing him to the retirement contract most UFA’s look for in their late 20’s? We won’t be able to afford him.

So you’re proposing we move assets for a 1 year rental, and we’re the ones that don’t know anything about hockey..?!:laugh:

Reactions: bernmeister

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
SAAD had 21 goals in 58 games 18 EV 2 SHG 1 PP Buc has 16 in 68 games 12 EV 4 PP how in the world is BUC better. his best season is basically SAAD's worst in the last 7 years. they are 2 years apart in age.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
SAAD had 21 goals in 58 games 18 EV 2 SHG 1 PP Buc has 16 in 68 games 12 EV 4 PP how in the world is BUC better. his best season is basically SAAD's worst in the last 7 years. they are 2 years apart in age.
cool, CBH keep Saad, NYR keep Buch. Thank you

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
If you think this is a brutal trade you know nothing about hockey. Chicago is on the verge of a rebuild. Buchnevich is not better than Saad. Just stop. Buchnevich has accomplished nothing in his career compared to Saad. For starters Saad is much faster than Buchnevich skating wise and the Rangers need to get faster. Especially on the forecheck where they are abysmal. Second, Saad is a much better playoff performer. Buchnevich has 1 a in 8 career playoff games. You simply are going to have to give up a prospect with Buchnevich to get a player like Saad. Rangers fans have long overrated Russian players and prospects and I have no idea why. I think Buchnevich will do nicely on the Hawks but he's not the complete player than Saad is. Reunanen is a key add for the Hawks. He can be a nice piece for them moving forward. Saad as I said is much more capable of playing a 3rd line role for the Rangers than Buchnevich who has no chance in hell of beating Lafrenierre, Kakko, Panarin and Kreider out for a top 2 line wing position.

I have had many hockey related opinions that people didn't agree with(some times vehemently), but I never turned around and attempted to discredit their knowledge base for a conflicting opinion. It's clear you're personally not a fan of Buchnevich (and possibly Russian players?) but others have cited his age, production, and contract as being a reason why he would have more value than Saad in a trade - and then you want to throw in Reunanen on top of that?

You can think that people are undervaluing the real meat and potatoes of what drives playoff success (grit, forecheck, tenacity etc.) all you want, but any way you slice it, you would have to add to Saad to get Buchnevich, maybe not a crazy amount, but you would still have to add.

Oh, and I don't want Saad to get the short end of the stick here - I think he is a good defensive player who is simply a little older and just not currently worth as much as Buchnevich *insert shrug emoji*

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Saad has been through countless big playoff games, has produced in them, scored big goals while Buchnevich while being younger hasn't done any of that. Chicago needs to start the rebuild and Reunanen is a good piece and Buchnevich is probably a trade chip a year or two down the line. As usual most of the Rangers fan base thinks every Russian player is a God. Kravtsov is so overrated by our fan base it's sickening.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Saad has been through countless big playoff games, has produced in them, scored big goals while Buchnevich while being younger hasn't done any of that. Chicago needs to start the rebuild and Reunanen is a good piece and Buchnevich is probably a trade chip a year or two down the line. As usual most of the Rangers fan base thinks every Russian player is a God. Kravtsov is so overrated by our fan base it's sickening.
Your point about big playoff goals is insane because Saad has played about 70 more playoff games than Buchnevich. And your point about being Ranger fans and Russian prospects is just based on nothing.

I'm all for dealing Buch. Just not in this deal for an older player who will need a big contract in a year. You choose not to look at that point.

Reactions: Kupo

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
thank you for the logical post

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If you think this is a brutal trade you know nothing about hockey. Chicago is on the verge of a rebuild. Buchnevich is not better than Saad. Just stop. Buchnevich has accomplished nothing in his career compared to Saad. For starters Saad is much faster than Buchnevich skating wise and the Rangers need to get faster. Especially on the forecheck where they are abysmal. Second, Saad is a much better playoff performer. Buchnevich has 1 a in 8 career playoff games. You simply are going to have to give up a prospect with Buchnevich to get a player like Saad. Rangers fans have long overrated Russian players and prospects and I have no idea why. I think Buchnevich will do nicely on the Hawks but he's not the complete player than Saad is. Reunanen is a key add for the Hawks. He can be a nice piece for them moving forward. Saad as I said is much more capable of playing a 3rd line role for the Rangers than Buchnevich who has no chance in hell of beating Lafrenierre, Kakko, Panarin and Kreider out for a top 2 line wing position.
I remember my 1st beer too

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

I guess we should trade Buchnevich now instead of waiting for that year or 2 down the road, and then next year when we can't afford to keep Saad we can look back at how smart this was...

As usual, you're the smartest NYR fan around and everybody else doesn't know what they're talking about.. We're not telling you Saad is a useless player, we're telling you it makes no sense given contacts. But hey, we can really use those big playoff goals from Saad for the 1 season we may keep him, you know, unless we don't make playoffs and have to trade him at deadline...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have had many hockey related opinions that people didn't agree with(some times vehemently), but I never turned around and attempted to discredit their knowledge base for a conflicting opinion. It's clear you're personally not a fan of Buchnevich (and possibly Russian players?) but others have cited his age, production, and contract as being a reason why he would have more value than Saad in a trade - and then you want to throw in Reunanen on top of that?

You can think that people are undervaluing the real meat and potatoes of what drives playoff success (grit, forecheck, tenacity etc.) all you want, but any way you slice it, you would have to add to Saad to get Buchnevich, maybe not a crazy amount, but you would still have to add.

Oh, and I don't want Saad to get the short end of the stick here - I think he is a good defensive player who is simply a little older and just not currently worth as much as Buchnevich *insert shrug emoji*

It’s Russian players. He’s the one who made the comment that you can’t win the Cup with too many Russians.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Exactly. This is brutal. He needs to stop with these Buch trades. Same thing with the DeAngelo trades. It makes it harder around here for everyone that wants our players to get a fair shake. When non-Rangers fans see all these ideas to trade our players whose games they don't know that well, that devalues how they view these players. Then that makes additional work for those of us who have to explain that we don't approve of these bad ideas and even if there is a reason to consider trading these players, it doesn't mean they aren't good players.

No we should not be close minded.
There are no sacred cows.
But there does have to be fully adequate return for what we give up, incl Buch and DeA and Strome in particular, none of whom we can keep long term
DUE TO THE REALITY OF THE SALARY CAP

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I would trade Buch in a heartbeat but not to get older. We need C and LD. Why the hell do you do a winger for winger swap?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Saad 50% retained for Buchnevich, Reunanen

If Chicago retains the salary it makes sense for both teams. Buchnevich and Reunanen give the Hawks more youth back and some more depth. Saad is a bit more versatile for NY. I see him as being a guy that could play on a 3rd line better if they used him there as well as being able to play on the first or second line. Reunanen is a sold d prospect but there is no room for him in NY.
Why is there no room for Reunanen in NY? There's 1 actual NHL LD on the roster- Lindgren. I guess Hajek will have a spot, but he's not exactly a certain everyday D. Staal should be scratched. Miller isn't ready.

Meanwhile on CHI you have Keith, Maatta, De Haan, Gilbert, Carlsson and Beaudin who would all be above Reunanen.

Now Gilbert/Carlsson/Beaudin might all be no better than Hajek right now (debatable but for argument's sake)... but what would be the point of adding another to the mix?

Though all that said... Rangers shouldn't deal Buchnevich anyway. Especially for a winger.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No we should not be close minded.
There are no sacred cows.
But there does have to be fully adequate return for what we give up, incl Buch and DeA and Strome in particular, none of whom we can keep long term
DUE TO THE REALITY OF THE SALARY CAP

I’m not against trading Buch or DeAngelo. When a few in particular suggest every few weeks on the main board a trade that doesn’t properly value their worth, that’s going to hurt their perception. How many times have we heard recently on the main boards how we don’t like these players because of all the bad suggestions?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’m not against trading Buch or DeAngelo. When a few in particular suggest every few weeks on the main board a trade that doesn’t properly value their worth, that’s going to hurt their perception. How many times have we heard recently on the main boards how we don’t like these players because of all the bad suggestions?

I hear you, but truth must be what holds the narrative here, not partisan desires on either side to drive a price in a proposal up or down.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Over the last three years, the "much" better goal scorer managed a whopping 11 more goals than Buchnevich.

In 14 more games played.

Conversely, Buch has 12 more total points than Saad over the same period.

You can keep Saad.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
why would either team do this ?
Because Ivan Drago lost to Rocky last century. And because Of that loss, Russians have been deemed as soft losers.

True Story.

Ivan-Drago.jpg

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->