Proposal: NYR/Chi

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Saad 50% retained for Buchnevich, Reunanen

If Chicago retains the salary it makes sense for both teams. Buchnevich and Reunanen give the Hawks more youth back and some more depth. Saad is a bit more versatile for NY. I see him as being a guy that could play on a 3rd line better if they used him there as well as being able to play on the first or second line. Reunanen is a sold d prospect but there is no room for him in NY.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
oh no please no
Saad can walk in June, is older, less productive, more expensive, more inconsistent, less well rounded
... and you want NYR to add for the "privilege"
CBH would need to add, something like Vlasic and a 4th, along with the retention,
this would be Chi remodel move,
but please NYR, ignore this

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That's a hard no. We're passing on this deal. An RFA + a Prospect, for a retained UFA player? Can't see how that offer makes any sense for NYR. Why are we trading away our top 6 RW. (Our only real top 6 RW), so we can put Saad on the 3rd line?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
For those of you unfamiliar with Buchnevich, or who don't watch the Rangers and think he might be getting carried by his linemates:

5v5 Stats, per Natural Stat Trick
CF%FF%SF%GF%xGF%SCF%HDCF%HDGF%
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich52.82%54.24%55.07%64.29%53.79%57.94%54.17%63.16%
Kreider-Zibanejad-Other51.06%50.38%52.24%47.62%39.92%47.98%41.25%42.86%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wenevergetagoodproposal.

Exactly. This is brutal. He needs to stop with these Buch trades. Same thing with the DeAngelo trades. It makes it harder around here for everyone that wants our players to get a fair shake. When non-Rangers fans see all these ideas to trade our players whose games they don't know that well, that devalues how they view these players. Then that makes additional work for those of us who have to explain that we don't approve of these bad ideas and even if there is a reason to consider trading these players, it doesn't mean they aren't good players.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Doesn't make sense for Rangers given Buchnevich age and Saad being UFA in a year

When it comes to players Buchnevich is better playmaker with alot of untapped upside while Saad is better goal scorer and defender

There is really no fit trade wise between these teams outside of something involving Georgiev and picks/prospects

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Saad 50% retained for Buchnevich, Reunanen

If Chicago retains the salary it makes sense for both teams. Buchnevich and Reunanen give the Hawks more youth back and some more depth. Saad is a bit more versatile for NY. I see him as being a guy that could play on a 3rd line better if they used him there as well as being able to play on the first or second line. Reunanen is a sold d prospect but there is no room for him in NY.

Cheese and Rice

WTF

Reactions: One Winged Angel

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
If you think this is a brutal trade you know nothing about hockey. Chicago is on the verge of a rebuild. Buchnevich is not better than Saad. Just stop. Buchnevich has accomplished nothing in his career compared to Saad. For starters Saad is much faster than Buchnevich skating wise and the Rangers need to get faster. Especially on the forecheck where they are abysmal. Second, Saad is a much better playoff performer. Buchnevich has 1 a in 8 career playoff games. You simply are going to have to give up a prospect with Buchnevich to get a player like Saad. Rangers fans have long overrated Russian players and prospects and I have no idea why. I think Buchnevich will do nicely on the Hawks but he's not the complete player than Saad is. Reunanen is a key add for the Hawks. He can be a nice piece for them moving forward. Saad as I said is much more capable of playing a 3rd line role for the Rangers than Buchnevich who has no chance in hell of beating Lafrenierre, Kakko, Panarin and Kreider out for a top 2 line wing position.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If you think this is a brutal trade you know nothing about hockey. Chicago is on the verge of a rebuild. Buchnevich is not better than Saad. Just stop. Buchnevich has accomplished nothing in his career compared to Saad. For starters Saad is much faster than Buchnevich skating wise and the Rangers need to get faster. Especially on the forecheck where they are abysmal. Second, Saad is a much better playoff performer. Buchnevich has 1 a in 8 career playoff games. You simply are going to have to give up a prospect with Buchnevich to get a player like Saad. Rangers fans have long overrated Russian players and prospects and I have no idea why. I think Buchnevich will do nicely on the Hawks but he's not the complete player than Saad is. Reunanen is a key add for the Hawks. He can be a nice piece for them moving forward. Saad as I said is much more capable of playing a 3rd line role for the Rangers than Buchnevich who has no chance in hell of beating Lafrenierre, Kakko, Panarin and Kreider out for a top 2 line wing position.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Eh, I’d pass as the Hawks honestly. Rather just try and trade Saad at the deadline for a pick.

... or you can make this trade now and get a higher pick at the deadline when you trade your new assets Buchnevich + Reunanen.

Pick your metrics - totals, paces, advanced stats. Buchnevich has been better than Saad for a few years now. If you’re going to make an argument, you might want to stretch beyond career accomplishments. Winning cups a half decade ago doesn’t factor into the performance of a player currently. Buchnevich is a lock for the Rangers top 6 as our best RW, is younger than Saad, and an RFA. He’s simply more valuable.

The Rangers already have a logjam at LW. We don’t need another.

Last edited:

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020

It makes zero sense from a Rangers perspective.

Rangers are not in win now mode, so why go after a 1yr rental?

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Chicago is not on verge of rebuild ,, They are in middle of one as they have been bringing in youth to roster last couple of years as they have looked to get younger outside of our core veteran group

Guys who played as regulars or saw NHL action with Hawks this past season

C Kirby Dach (19 yrs old)
D Adam Boqvist (20 yrs old)
D Nicolas Beaudin (20 yrs old)
W Alex Nylander (22 yrs old)
W Alex Debrincat (22 yrs old)
W Brandon Hagel (22 yrs old)
C Dylan Strome (23 yrs old)
D Lucas Carlsson (23 yrs old)
D Dennis Gilbert (23 yrs old)
W Matthew Highmore (24 yrs old)
LW Dominik Kubalik (25 yrs old)
C David Kampf (25 yrs old)
D Slater Koekkoek (26 yrs old)
W Drake Caggiula (26 yrs old)
D Olli Maatta (26 yrs old)

Guys who are in mix for roster spots next season with no NHL experience

C/W Philipp Kurashev (20 yrs old)
D Ian Mitchell (21 yrs old)
D Chad Krys (21 yrs old)
D Wyatt Kalynuk (23 yrs old)
C/W Pius Suter (24 yrs old)

Hawks are actually now fairly young as a team with only a few aged vets all of whom are leftovers from cup era

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Guess it's a good thing 3 of those players are LW and the only RW is Buch... BTW, 5 of those game in his rookie season 2016-2017, and we all saw nobody do anything this post season for NYR. Hardly on Buchnevich.

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

You can’t be serious with this post.

Wait... you are serious...

That’s gonna be a yikes from me, dogg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad