Proposal: NYR/CAR deal (again)

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
I misread your offer. I thought you were sending a 1st + 2nd (which is a bit of an overpay) for Bean. Not down with sending a 2nd + Bean for the 22OA though.
That’s fine but strange you think Bean has more value than Skjei a guy you traded for

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
That’s fine but strange you think Bean has more value than Skjei a guy you traded for

Why would that be strange? It is possible, maybe even likely, that NYR wanted Bean in the Skjei deal and Carolina only offered their 1st.

To a team like NJ or Ottawa - Jake Bean on his ELC with 5 more years of cost-control may be more desirable than Skjei making $5.25 million.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

as we see all the time,trade value is not absolute, it is dependent on timing and situation
- veterans who would not merit high picks during off-season, or before january, get picked up for high picks in february/march
- but then, often, as teams plan offseason retool, potential high impact prospects might yield more return than in-season

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Why would that be strange? It is possible, maybe even likely, that NYR wanted Bean in the Skjei deal and Carolina only offered their 1st.

To a team like NJ or Ottawa - Jake Bean on his ELC with 5 more years of cost-control may be more desirable than Skjei making $5.25 million.
Lol what does NJ or Ottawa have to do with Canes GM thinking Bean isn’t an NHL Dman? They had injuries like you said but felt the need to get a long term piece in Skjei with Slavin and Gardiner on the roster already for the foreseeable future. I disagree Bean has more value than Skjei but you are welcome to your opinion

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Bean has played 2 NHL games and he's 22. If he had the value of Skjei he would have made the NHL full time at least a year ago. I wouldn't put too much into his AHL points. Carolina traditionally has a high scoring AHL team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bean has played 2 NHL games and he's 22. If he had the value of Skjei he would have made the NHL full time at least a year ago. I wouldn't put too much into his AHL points. Carolina traditionally has a high scoring AHL team.

Bean has potential
Skjei is proven value, even if that value continues to be more precisely assessed

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
since none of this is true, what else do you have for excuses?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad