Confirmed with Link: NYR call-ups (Black Aces)

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Is it just me or is the "Black Aces" like the dumbest thing ever ?

They don't practice with the team, they are just around. So whats the point ? Just to make AHL guys feel good ?

its not like they are used to scrimmage against systems etc

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
adding as text

Rangers Recall Seven Players From Hartford
Blueshirts add four forwards and three defensemen from the Wolf Pack
Wednesday, 04.20.2016 / 3:36 PM ET / News

New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has recalled forwards Chris Brown, Nicklas Jensen, Jayson Megna, and Daniel Paille, and defensemen Mat Bodie, Ryan Graves, and Chris Summers from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Brown, 25, skated in 40 AHL games with the Wolf Pack and Hershey Bears this season, registering six goals and 12 assists for 18 points, along with 40 penalty minutes. He recorded nine points (three goals, six assists) in 20 games with Hartford after he was acquired by the Rangers from Washington on Feb. 28, 2016.

Jensen, 23, skated in 68 AHL games with the Wolf Pack and Utica Comets this season, registering 19 goals and 18 assists for 37 points, along with a plus-10 rating and 32 penalty minutes. He established AHL career-highs in games played, goals, assists, points, and plus/minus rating in 2015-16. Jensen notched 25 points (15 goals, 10 assists) and posted a plus-seven rating in 41 games with Hartford after he was acquired by the Rangers from Vancouver on Jan. 8, 2016.

Megna, 26, skated in 68 games with the Wolf Pack this season, registering 15 goals and 29 assists for 44 points, along with a plus-seven rating and 22 penalty minutes. He established AHL career-highs in games played, assists, and points in 2015-16. Megna tied for the team lead in assists and ranked second on Hartford in points this season. In addition, Megna skated in six regular season games with the Rangers in 2015-16, tallying two points (one goal, one assist).

(MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

They don't practice with the team, they are just around. So whats the point ? Just to make AHL guys feel good ?

Eventually, Eddie O is going to retire from the booth, and we'll need someone new in there to hate the Rangers unconditionally.

I've got my eye on you, Megna.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

They should be practicing with the team!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

......and if the Rangers get hit by a bunch of injuries and these guys have all gone home or on vacation---what then? Chase them all over the globe? That they're with the Rangers means they're all options.

And they'll be hanging around the other players. You can bet on it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Graves is the only good prospect of the bunch, but he's not ready yet to play in the NHL. I suspect he'd only play if we have three or four defenseman injuries. Jensen might be a decent bottom 6 player as a reclamation project. He's done well since the trade for Etem. Besides that, no one of note.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

It'd be a good experience for younger guys with NHL aspirations (Jensen, Graves, Bodie). You can learn something by being around athletes, watching how they prepare, routines they go through and such.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it'll help Graves the most. Being around all these players who've been consistent with their defense at the NHL level for many years could really help a player who can be a really good NHL defenseman if he can find some defensive consistency.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Graves is the only good prospect of the bunch, but he's not ready yet to play in the NHL. I suspect he'd only play if we have three or four defenseman injuries. Jensen might be a decent bottom 6 player as a reclamation project. He's done well since the trade for Etem. Besides that, no one of note.

Reclamation project? How can a 23-year old be a reclamation project? He is a prospect who is waiver exempt which makes him the same as Fogarty and Nieves. This isn't Pouliot or Stralman who wants a chance to re-ignite their career

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
......and if the Rangers get hit by a bunch of injuries and these guys have all gone home or on vacation---what then? Chase them all over the globe? That they're with the Rangers means they're all options.

And they'll be hanging around the other players. You can bet on it.

which is why i thought they'd also call up Skapski as insurance behind Hellberg - look no further than the Pens for how quickly a team can lose 2 goalies

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Reclamation project? How can a 23-year old be a reclamation project? He is a prospect who is waiver exempt which makes him the same as Fogarty and Nieves. This isn't Pouliot or Stralman who wants a chance to re-ignite their career

Jensen was waiver exempt this year, unlike Etem, but doubt he will be in the fall
at just turned 23, he is same age as Miller and Fogarty

after 4 pro years, he is nearing that fork in the road, like Hrivik,
and if re-signed, a candidate for depth forward call-ups next season

knowing AV, he might go with Paille ahead of anyone, even Lindberg ...

but to me, after Lindberg and Hrivik,
at 6'3" 203# i like NJ ahead of Megna, as well as Brown or Paille

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Former first round pick who the team that drafted him wanted to trade? I'd consider that a reclamation project. Its safe to say it didn't work out for him in Vancouver.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Nah, it's not unheard of that a team has 8+ injuries at a specific point of the POs. The other guys in HFD are going home, these guys are kept around skating so that we can put them into the action if we need them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

While he's young in general, he's in his fourth pro year, had seemingly stagnated developmentally and a lot of people had seemingly given up on him. Maybe reclamation project isn't the perfect term, but he's definitely a prospect who needed to get his development back on track.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00