Proposal: NYR-CAL

Blueshirts08

Jun 26, 2015
Could there be a deal made around kreider and pionk or kreider and picks for Hamilton ? I know Calgary fans the price is high , but kreider would fit well in your top 6. Suggestions on additions?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
While I know Pionk is still unproven, I don't think the Rangers move him this year.
On top of that, Dougie is a bit over valued at the moment.
Easy pass.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Could there be a deal made around kreider and pionk or kreider and picks for Hamilton ? I know Calgary fans the price is high , but kreider would fit well in your top 6. Suggestions on additions?
No on moving Kreider and not getting enough.
Hamilton is interesting, but we should be doing more like

Pionk core piece for 10OA core piece

keep Kreider

see if we can agree on Fox or Fox +

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

keep Kreider

10OA for Pionk? Maybe a 2nd

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames fan can answer this quickly.
No. Kreider as a centre piece; doesn't get you a sniff at Dougie.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
How many of you guys are going to propose building this team upside down? These type of deals are the ones you make after your core is built. We don't have that. There's just no point to adding a guy like this at the beginning of a rebuild. You build a solid core. Keep picking BPA. When you get a good young group, then you add pieces to take it to the next level. You don't throw the cherry in the bottom of the dish and put the ice cream on top when you make a sundae. The frikking cherry goes on last!

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

keep Kreider

Pionk doesn’t have that kind of value yet

Reactions: slg1963

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You are nuts if you think Neal Pionk is worth the 10th pick

Pionk doesn’t have that kind of value yet

What value he has in vacuum league wide is not applicable here.
10OA is owned by Oil.
Oil keep asking for actual righty RDs
Pionk is heady, responsible, not spectacular, but quietly reliable and is a positive as they continue to sort out their backline.

If they overpay, I could see it straight up.
If they insist on more balanced trade, I could see Pionk as core piece + for him.

But we should go there if they pay up, and push come to shove, they very well may.
Remember Oil want to hit the ground running.
Pionk is instant plug and play and is elc which is important for cap mgmt
A pick has to be developed, likely 1 yr min away.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Probably not, don't think Rangers want to trade Kreider or Pionk

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
10OA is owned by Oil.
Pionk is heady, responsible, not spectacular, but quietly reliable and is a positive as they continue to sort out their backline.

If they insist on more balanced trade, I could see Pionk as core piece + for him.

But we should go there if they pay up, and push come to shove, they very well may.
They could get a far better defenseman for the 10th pick than Neal Pionk.

Reactions: pld459666

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
10OA is owned by Oil.

Bern, Pionk is a nice player. He may someday be worth a high pick. It's happened before. Today is not that day. Nobody is giving up a top ten pick for him. That's beyond bad. It's
Milbury-esque. Probably beyond that. Give me a list of undrafted free agents who get traded for top ten picks after their rookie year. I don't think it's ever happened.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They could get a far better defenseman for the 10th pick than Neal Pionk.

Bern, Pionk is a nice player. He may someday be worth a high pick. It's happened before. Today is not that day. Nobody is giving up a top ten pick for him. That's beyond bad. It's
Milbury-esque. Probably beyond that. Give me a list of undrafted free agents who get traded for top ten picks after their rookie year. I don't think it's ever happened.

I agree it's pushing it to the max, but let's remember cheap elc actual righty rds who are productive are very short supply and high demand.

Also any pick will be at least a year before ready.
Pionk is plug and play.

Also, I said as a core piece. NY would have to add Spooner [who I have otherwise used elsewhere] or a 2nd or something more.

At this point it is a crapshoot and I think Chia overplays his hand and winds up using the pick. I think NYR make other deals for 5-7OA more likely.

Thanks for feedback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad