Proposal: NYR-CAL-MTL (3 way)

broc

Dec 20, 2010
You ppl saying Ny says no are nuts.

The only piece with decent value is Kreider.

You get rid of Nash and his god awful contract. Lose mcIlrath, a decent d prospect at best, and Kreider.

And you get one of the best young D of the past few years, a good 2 way player in Frolik, and a good pick.

Like was said already... Hamilton alone is worth more than that.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You ppl saying Ny says no are nuts.

The only piece with decent value is Kreider.

You get rid of Nash and his god awful contract. Lose mcIlrath, a decent d prospect at best, and Kreider.

And you get one of the best young D of the past few years, a good 2 way player in Frolik, and a good pick.

Like was said already... Hamilton alone is worth more than that.

Nash isn't a cap dump. He scored 42 goals in 2015. Career year, but he's good for 30+ a year when healthy. .

That's where you went wrong.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nash isn't a cap dump. He scored 42 goals in 2015. Career year, but he's good for 30+ a year when healthy. .

That's where you went wrong.

15 goals for 7.8M at the tender age of 32. It's going downhill from here on. Other than the one year, he hasnt scored 30 in 5 yrs.

He has negative value...no thank you

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guy has paced for 30 girls every year since he's a rookie, scores 15 goals once, and that's what he is now.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
15 goals for 7.8M at the tender age of 32. It's going downhill from here on. Other than the one year, he hasnt scored 30 in 5 yrs.

He has negative value...no thank you

Nash goals per 82 games(each season listed)

Defiantly a low year and age might be getting to him but we need to see it again to really know. Might of just been a bad season. Either way he is still a 20 goal scorer.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Beaulieu, Plekanec, and a second for Nash, McIlrath, and Backlund?

No ****ing thank you

For the Habs:

Plekanec ≥ Nash
Beaulieu > McIlrath
2nd ≤ Backlund

Take out Beaulieu for McIlrath and it's a fine deal for the Habs. As is, I see an emphatic "no." Then again...Bergevin is the manager.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
For the Habs:

Plekanec ≥ Nash
Beaulieu > McIlrath
2nd ≤ Backlund

Take out Beaulieu for McIlrath and it's a fine deal for the Habs. As is, I see an emphatic "no." Then again...Bergevin is the manager.

Fine deal for the Habs? It's slanted heavily in their favor at that point. Nash is a far better player than Plekanec. If you called me asking to trade the 2 straight up for each other and I had Nash I'd tell you to go play in traffic.

One year all of a sudden makes a player crap. Love it. Sidney Crosby must be ******* then. Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf too.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
This just goes to show how underrated Backlund is.
A 2nd isn't even close to being equal to Backlund.

Well...

Nash is a far better player than Plekanec. If you called me asking to trade the 2 straight up for each other and I had Nash I'd tell you to go play in traffic.

...this just goes to show how underrated Plekanec is.

So where does that leave us ? Cheese sticks anyone ? :P

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Hard pass and laughable from NYR. Way too much offense out giving 3 good pieces here. Hamilton is nice but not at this expense thanks

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Forget the value, how many times do we have to say that Nash has put NO CANADIAN teams on his list of teams he's willing to accept a trade to?

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
He's somewhere around a late 1st or early 2nd imo.

The Flames wouldn't trade him for a mid-1st round pick. He's our strongest defensive player who can put up 45+ points. He's gotten progressively better with each season.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Fine deal for the Habs? It's slanted heavily in their favor at that point. Nash is a far better player than Plekanec. If you called me asking to trade the 2 straight up for each other and I had Nash I'd tell you to go play in traffic.

One year all of a sudden makes a player crap. Love it. Sidney Crosby must be ******* then. Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf too.

I don't agree with what you're saying about Nash, but I figured it was just your average homerism. Then I read the bolded. Now I'm convinced you spent the last year under a rock.

Over PPG, Hart finalist, wins the Cup and the Conn Smythe. What a **** season. :sarcasm::help:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Absolutely stupid trade for Calgary. Treliving barks out stop wasting my time and slams down the phone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->