Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Braden Schneider signs ELC with Rangers (3 years, $925K AAV)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Good news.
Thankfully it is on earlier side, no unpleasant surprises.

Trouba's eventual replacement in 3ish yrs is in the fold.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Even w DeAngelo gone the RD depth is Fox, Trouba , Lundkvist , Schneider .
May use 1 as a trade chip for a C or just stash Schneider in the AHL

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Have always loved him in junior, LOVED the pick by NYR when they took him and absolutely love his NHL potential.

Great prospect to have for NYR

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't give him a contract. Playing lights out as a 19 year old against men in the ECHL is nothing to sneeze at.
He played in the AHL not the ECHL

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I was very against this pick at the time (another RHD?!?! really??) but he is progressing incredibly well

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
What's the significance of signing him now? He was already on an AHL contract, so does this mean he might get a look upstairs soon, or is this so the ELC will slide an extra year or...?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
What's the significance of signing him now? He was already on an AHL contract, so does this mean he might get a look upstairs soon, or is this so the ELC will slide an extra year or...?

I believe this contract kicks in next year. March 1st was the first day for that.

I'd assume this means he's in the fold for training camp next year. Rangers will have space.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Even w DeAngelo gone the RD depth is Fox, Trouba , Lundkvist , Schneider .
May use 1 as a trade chip for a C or just stash Schneider in the AHL

We are not dealing Fox Nils L or Schneid who will get an early look but is not gonna be rushed and prob is 2 yrs min away
Unless he waives sooner Jacob is here for another 3ish yrs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It’s Eichel ... you can only dress 3 RD

We are not adding Eich and his 10m+ salary to the payroll, and Sabes are not trading him, let alone retaining.

When push comes to shove which will be soon enuf, they will deal Dahlin to save Eichel + Hall. Rangers can make a good deal there. The dif, which is more important than trying to force solution of immediate need, is to repurpose Zib +++ value into not only consolidated talent, but also one that is exiting elc into rfa.

We keep our bluest blue chip elcs.
We ride the emerging Chytil.
We have Kravtsov and Barron for 2C/3C, [tho it is more about the F group on a given line rather than a numerical line designation].
We have Howden/Strome and blackwell/rooney for bottom 6 C, likely 4C.

Then, after we see where things are, after we see what Hajek/Reunanen/Jones etc have, we can think about Dahlin as a centerpiece for an elite C if we want to go there.

No forcing to get a C.
There is a time for everything.
Don't make me break out my rendition of Turn Turn Turn by the Byrds.
No dealing our bluest blue chip elcs and ruining our long term solid salary cap situation, which = high roster flexibility

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
We are not adding Eich and his 10m+ salary to the payroll, and Sabes are not trading him, let alone retaining.

When push comes to shove which will be soon enuf, they will deal Dahlin to save Eichel + Hall. Rangers can make a good deal there. The dif, which is more important than trying to force solution of immediate need, is to repurpose Zib +++ value into not only consolidated talent, but also one that is exiting elc into rfa.

We keep our bluest blue chip elcs.
We ride the emerging Chytil.
We have Kravtsov and Barron for 2C/3C, [tho it is more about the F group on a given line rather than a numerical line designation].
We have Howden/Strome and blackwell/rooney for bottom 6 C, likely 4C.

Then, after we see where things are, after we see what Hajek/Reunanen/Jones etc have, we can think about Dahlin as a centerpiece for an elite C if we want to go there.

No forcing to get a C.
There is a time for everything.
Don't make me break out my rendition of Turn Turn Turn by the Byrds.
No dealing our bluest blue chip elcs and ruining our long term solid salary cap situation, which = high roster flexibility

if you think they are not going after Eichel well sorry that’s not accurate . May not get him but if he’s available they are all in

Quinn coached him and they need a 1 C

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
if you think they are not going after Eichel well sorry that’s not accurate . May not get him but if he’s available they are all in

I could be wrong and they may pursue depending on cost.
But my point is it is the WRONG move.
If Eichel were same elc-> rfa cost controlled $, that would be something else.
We cannot absorb another big $ guy,
AND
we MUST move Zib/Buch/Strome etc for Kravtsov/Barron etc

We should do a big move, consolidating talent, but get a cost controlled contract out of it.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021

you believe Mika is not gonna find it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad