GDT: NYR @ BOS Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
That 5 on 3 was the turning point. If Rangers score there it's a tied game. B's didn't have Chara, their best chance. Callahan set up in front and just kept his stick at his waist. Didn't give Stepan a target to pass to. It was the most frustrated I have ever been with Callahan.

Oh well, being optimistic, maybe it was good to deflate their bubble a little early.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I'm fine with it. Gut check from day one. Let's go.

I will say though, I have never liked Del Zotto. I defend him on these boards, to other fans. I appreciate that we don't have defensive puck movers and he is our only truly offensive option back there. Regardless, I pick up exactly where I've left off in EVERY one of his seasons, and that is thinking he is a terrible defenseman and being frustrated out of my mind with him.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm fine with it. Gut check from day one. Let's go.

I will say though, I have never liked Del Zotto. I defend him on these boards, to other fans. I appreciate that we don't have defensive puck movers and he is our only truly offensive option back there. Regardless, I pick up exactly where I've left off in EVERY one of his seasons, and that is thinking he is a terrible defenseman and being frustrated out of my mind with him.

That's weird, because he was our best d-man with McD tonight.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I would be. One bad game does not a season make.

Gomez signed with the Sharks and would be horrific on this team. Richards has some nights where he can't get anything going and tonight was one of them IMO and he still had a goal.

Oh he signed already? Thanks for the update.
Gomez doesn't have it anymore but he has some passing left. Nash needs to be spread out more with some home run or long passes which we hopefully see lots of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
That's weird, because he was our best d-man with McD tonight.

We'll have to agree to disagree. First goal he leaves Bergeron completely alone on top of the crease. He forced shots that got blocked 17 inches after leaving his stick and resulted in rushes the other way. I honestly think Del Zotto is one of the most physically and athletically gifted players on the team but one of the most brain dead. Can't stand watching him play. He's certainly come miles during his career and I hope he continues to, but since days one he's frustrated me to no end and he continues to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad