GDT: NYR @ BOS Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I think you've called everyone awful tonight, except Lundqvist.

Well, it's true. :laugh:

Seriously though, you're wrong. I've called two guys who HAVE been awful awful and Nash, who I have much higher expectations for, is having a bad game. Maybe not awful, but he can't hold onto the puck for more than a second and it's been happening all game. Don't know how people aren't harping on that.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
This team has no idea how to consistently set itself up in the offensive zone. I'm just happy there's a game tomorrow to get the bad taste of this one out of my mouth... even if it is the Penguins.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
MDZ and McD with great games.

Hank let in a bad goal but he kept it close.

Cally was awesome defensively but did nothing offensively. Boyle and Pyatt as well.

Richie with a goal but him, Nash and Gabby didn't really do much besides that.

Disappointed in a lot of individual performances but we'll rebound. Hagelin, obviously, was really bad. Kreider looked scared and was mostly invisible, and I don't think either of them are ready for the top line.

Shame to see Torts still can't coach a PP, though. That's my biggest qualm and something I DON'T think we'll see get better.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Another thing is that Bruins entire team is back. The only new players are Bourque and Hamilton. We have Nash, Kreider, Pyatt, Halpern, and Segal/Asham. It is going to take time to integrate. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a losing record coming out of January. Hopefully things will start clicking and then we will comfortably make it into the playoffs

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Bruins played really well and basically had no major changes from their team

Rangers looked like they were struggling to integrate their new players and new lines. Lots of times players didn't seem to know where each other were.

Bruins played very good defense

Rangers will get it together, not really worried about that
its a 48 game season so we cant afford to get off to slow stars when the bruins and pens are gonna be tough. I'll give them a pass since its the first game back in 8 months but tomorrow better be different

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Relax fella's. Its game one.....had to expect sloppy play with a shortened season and no pre-season.

Bruins were not sloppy. Im not jumping off a bridge but there is no excuse to be that bad.

I could count the quality scoring chances for the Rangers and not need to use my toes.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Bad game. Chalk it up as that and move onto the next one.

Hopefully it is just one or two bad games, because in a 48 game season, you can't afford to play like this for long to start the season and still hope to get a strong seed. I'm confident they'll get it together quick. And with Lundqvist in net, there is no doubt in my mind this team achieves success.

EDIT: And in other news, 40 year old Jaromir Jagr just scored his 2nd goal of the game, tying up the game for the Stars against the Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->