Proposal: NYR and TBL

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
After reality set in most of the TML fans have come to earth. Now the NYR fan base on hfboard has started their ascend to the moon. Good luck on your journey. :thumbu:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
After reality set in most of the TML fans have come to earth. Now the NYR fan base on hfboard has started their ascend to the moon. Good luck on your journey. :thumbu:
Are you sure? Because we can sell you on a lot of under underwhelming players we have.

We're happy with the rookie season Fox has. He by far exceeded all expectations. That doesn't mean we don't think sergachev is good

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sergachev has played like a #1D and in a handful of games has had more impact than Hedman. He is carrying aging guys like Coburn or bad defenders like Shattenkirk while putting good numbers offensively.

He's not a guy you trade and Rangers are happy with their guy too.

And regarding Tony D, not even close. No thanks.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Are you sure? Because we can sell you on a lot of under underwhelming players we have.

We're happy with the rookie season Fox has. He by far exceeded all expectations. That doesn't mean we don't think sergachev is good
I agree with the bold, which actually means he might has overachieved this season. But some of your fellow Ranger fans immediately come to the conclussion, he will further improve at the same or even at a higher rate.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I agree with the bold, which actually means he might has overachieved this season. But some of your fellow Ranger fans immediately come to the conclussion, he will further improve at the same or even at a higher rate.

That’s the problem right there. You use that word as if he didn’t have the ability to be an impact defender right off the bat. If you watch the plays he makes, the little ones that don’t show up on the scoresheets that you have to actually watch the full games to see, he makes plays well beyond his years that show an exceptionally high hockey IQ in all 3 zones.

They’re going to work on his skating, strength and conditioning and he’s only going to get better. Adam Fox will be a stud for years to come.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Rangers fans keep attempting to argue he's better defensively and it's hilarious.
It's not rocket science.

upload_2020-3-31_16-28-19.png

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Strictly choosing between the two players, with no defenceman on my roster, I’d probably take Fox.

Even if the Rangers have a surplus of RHD now, I wouldn’t move Fox for a LHD.

Those high-end right-shot defenceman are tough to find, and you’ve got to build for the long-term.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
you could say he is really good defensively but exceptional is basically saying he is flawless and I don't think he is close to being flawless.

Definition of EXCEPTIONAL

ex·cep·tion·al | \ ik-ˈsep-shnəl , -shə-nᵊl \
Definition of exceptional
1: forming an exception : RAREan exceptional number of rainy days
2: better than average : SUPERIORexceptional skill
3: deviating from the norm: such as
a: having above or below average intelligence
b: physically disabled

Don’t see the word “flawless” in there.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The only thing your graph proves is that NYR are better with fox in the lineup. Idk how that proves he is better defensively.

It proves when he’s on the ice, the other team has far less high quality danger chances against.

If you watched him on a nightly basis, you’d know how it works.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
It proves when he’s on the ice, the other team has far less high quality danger chances against.

If you watched him on a nightly basis, you’d know how it works.

Dude ok so to prove that he is better defensively than offensively you pull up a graph that basically says the opposition has far less chances when he is on the ice than when he isn't?? Where does the offence come into play.

if I watched him on a nightly basis id know how it works?? I assume by "it" you mean defence?? So I have to watch fox to know how defence works??

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Dude ok so to prove that he is better defensively than offensively you pull up a graph that basically says the opposition has far less chances when he is on the ice than when he isn't?? Where does the offence come into play.

if I watched him on a nightly basis id know how it works?? I assume by "it" you mean defence?? So I have to watch fox to know how defence works??

No, you’d have to watch Fox to know how he plays defense. You’d be able to see that he maintains possession, is amazing at avoiding forecheckers and moving the puck, rarely dumps the puck, making the excellent first pass out of the zone or even stretch passes that lead to chances for the forwards and has a great stick and is extremely adept at breaking plays up.

But continue to attempt to dissect something you don’t have the wherewithal to be dissecting.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Fox is simply the better hockey player. Add that he is cost controlled and the Rangers hang up the phone immediately.

Reactions: slg1963

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
In this trade I don't think it's about who's better because both are good players....I agree with others it comes down to contact status and that Fox is not expansion draft eligible looking at those 2 factors if I'm Rangers I don't make the deal.

Reactions: klingsor

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yet another Rangers player who is ridiculously overhyped after slightly over half his first nhl season.

Sample size is way to small to give Fox the edge here.

That’s not how this works. You either have the value or you don’t. Teams don’t put a games minimum on when you acquire a certain amount of value. If they did, McDavid wouldn’t have been the best player his rookie season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad