Proposal: NYR and TBL

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
Can’t see the Rangers being too interested for previously mentioned reasons. Bolts should consider many other moves before shipping Sergachev as well.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
To Rangers: Sergachev

To Lightning: Fox

Rangers have a logjam at RHD with Lundqvist coming over next year and a lack of a top LHD.

Tampa has a logjam at LHD and lack RHD. Tampa also seems like they have a cap crunch this summer and Serg is a RFA. Fox has 2 more ELC years after this one.

Not bad.

Would be fair.

Not likely to happen.

Ledge And Dairy

Fox only wants to play for NYR so that kinda dissolves this trade right away. But lets be hypothetical, Fox is better defensively Serg is better offensively. In a nutshell the value is close and pretty fair, If you factor in Fox's expansion draft exemption then he holds a little more value.

A couple people on here have stated DeAngelo instead of Fox. Realistically that makes sense value wise as well. However DeAngelo was originally drafted by Tampa and was traded due to his attitude and conflicts with the organization. I doubt they would want him back.

If hockey trades were as simple as "team A has a logjam here and team B has a logjam there, lets make a trade" then anyone could be a GM. Unfortunately thats not everything to it, players are people too and you have to take into consideration their needs and wants.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
With the expansion draft next off season do the Rangers have that many slots to fill that they would worry about bringing sergachev in? As a rebuilding team you would think they would have enough slots and enough young players to be exempt. Legit question.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Fox only wants to play for NYR so that kinda dissolves this trade right away. But lets be hypothetical, Fox is better defensively Serg is better offensively. In a nutshell the value is close and pretty fair, If you factor in Fox's expansion draft exemption then he holds a little more value.

A couple people on here have stated DeAngelo instead of Fox. Realistically that makes sense value wise as well. However DeAngelo was originally drafted by Tampa and was traded due to his attitude and conflicts with the organization. I doubt they would want him back.

If hockey trades were as simple as "team A has a logjam here and team B has a logjam there, lets make a trade" then anyone could be a GM. Unfortunately thats not everything to it, players are people too and you have to take into consideration their needs and wants.
So if fox got traded he wouldn’t play for any other team?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
With the expansion draft next off season do the Rangers have that many slots to fill that they would worry about bringing sergachev in? As a rebuilding team you would think they would have enough slots and enough young players to be exempt. Legit question.

Simple enough to figure out by looking at the roster. On defense, we will protect Trouba, DeAngelo and Lindgren. For forwards, we've got Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, Chytil, Buchnevich, Lemieux, Gauthier, Howden. Fast and Strome if they are re-signed. We'll definitely go 7-3, so adding a 4th dman that needs protection is a non-starter. That's one of the reasons we just traded Skjei.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t think the base value is far off in a vacuum, but we can’t afford big raises for Sergachyov and DeAngelo this offseason with the cap likely going down or staying the same.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Tampa love Serge and yes the Rangers are thin at LD but the Rangers should never trade Fox. I think most around the league have no idea how good this kid was in his rookie season. He's not just a PP Qb like he was projected by some before the season. He's an awesome 2-way d man with a 9000 IQ. And to top it all off, he's a local boy and a lifelong Rangers fan. This is the last guy you want to lose, ever. Future captain material, for real.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I would trade DeAngelo + a B prospect/solid bottom 6 forward.

Would never consider moving Fox.

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
So if fox got traded he wouldn’t play for any other team?

The reason he never signed in Calgary and was a throw in the finalize the trade for Lindholm and Hanifin was because there was speculation he only wanted to play for NY and when he decided to play his 4th year of college he had made his decision to go the Vesey and Shultz route to FA. It was further cleared up when Fox made it clear to Carolina that he would not sign there and would test FA.

I dont think its a matter if Fox would play if he got traded i mean hes a pro and his agent wouldnt let that happen, but the first opportunity to skip town and head back to NYR he would be gone so nobody would give up equal value to take Fox... i mean he was a throw in from Calgary and got back a 2nd from the only team he would sign to while being a top 10 prospect in the entire NHL.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sergachev has the greater potential, but Fox has the greater value. Fox loves the NYR, cheaper, expansion exempt and good offensively. Sergachev is the better all around player, but needs a new deal and requires protection.

NYR rejects.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Just looking at the names they should have similar value. However contract and exempt status makes Fox clearly more valuable. Plus, Fox and NYR’s love each other. He’ll end up being here for 10 years or more and will be wearing a letter.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
To Rangers: Sergachev

To Lightning: Fox

Rangers have a logjam at RHD with Lundqvist coming over next year and a lack of a top LHD.

Tampa has a logjam at LHD and lack RHD. Tampa also seems like they have a cap crunch this summer and Serg is a RFA. Fox has 2 more ELC years after this one.
Awful proposal. Doesn't make sense for Rangers. Fox has been the best 2 defenseman on the team and considering he is a rookie that's impressive. Pass

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
There is such a lack of knowledge on this website about how Fox plays. Too many people think he only plays one zone, yet the offensive zone is probably his worst zone.

I wouldn’t say that he has a “worst” zone. He’s exceptional in all 3 zones. The perception of him is that he’s an offense-only puck mover and anyone who thinks that couldn’t be more wrong about that.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I wouldn’t say that he has a “worst” zone. He’s exceptional in all 3 zones. The perception of him is that he’s an offense-only puck mover and anyone who thinks that couldn’t be more wrong about that.

exceptional?

ok this guy is getting heavily overrated now. he is a very good rookie and could be a stud but pump the brakes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad