Proposal: NYR and TBL

Unknownbutfamous1

Oct 1, 2017
To Rangers: Sergachev

To Lightning: Fox

Rangers have a logjam at RHD with Lundqvist coming over next year and a lack of a top LHD.

Tampa has a logjam at LHD and lack RHD. Tampa also seems like they have a cap crunch this summer and Serg is a RFA. Fox has 2 more ELC years after this one.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Rangers have a logjam at RHD with Lundqvist coming over next year and a lack of a top LHD.

Tampa has a logjam at LHD and lack RHD. Tampa also seems like they have a cap crunch this summer and Serg is a RFA. Fox has 2 more ELC years after this one.
No way.

Reactions: 1C

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Both teams say no.

From a NYR point a view, Fox has had a great start to his rookie season and he's on an ELC deal. Fox also doesn't take up an expansion protected slot.

Reactions: haveandare
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Both teams say no.

From a NYR point a view, Fox has had a great start to his rookie season and he's on an ELC deal. Fox also doesn't take up an expansion protected slot.
He's also a local kid who has formed a very good pair with fellow rookie Lindgren.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Rangers aren't moving Fox, He chose to go there for reason as he was a diehard Rangers fan. And Tampa love Sergachev.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Am I missing something here? How exactly does Adam Fox have more value than Sergachev? Fox is more potent offensively but sergachev is arguably a better skater, more aggressive and a better defender.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Am I missing something here? How exactly does Adam Fox have more value than Sergachev? Fox is more potent offensively but sergachev is arguably a better skater, more aggressive and a better defender.

I haven't watched Sergachev enough to properly compare them, but Fox has been good defensively and should only get better as he matures.

Beyond that, as others have said, it comes down to cap hit and expansion status. Sergachev is about to get paid and we don't have the cap space for him. He also has to be protected in the expansion, and we don't have an open slot for him.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Yes, yes and no. Fox is arguably better defensively than offensviely. He and DeAngelo are very different players despite being touted as very similar going into the season - DeAngelo is a cut above offensively and Fox defensively.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
in general, teams don't move a promising rookie having an impressive season so soon,

unless they believe he is performing above his likely ceiling, in which case, sell high
as Bolts did turning Cory Conacher into Ben Bishop

Conacher w Tampa in '12-13 0.686 pts per game
Conacher in NHL since: 0.325 pys per game
Cory Conacher Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

all indications are Fox is the real deal, NYR would keep him unless way overwhelmed with an irresistible over-payment

and as noted frequently above, Fox being exempt from Seattle expansion draft is a huge benefit

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I take Fox over Sergachev for sure. Expansion draft ineligible, and on a better contract/not in line for a big extension. Also their fancy stat counts are fairly even, but Fox blows Sergachev out of the water by Rels

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Yes, yes and no. Fox is arguably better defensively than offensviely. He and DeAngelo are very different players despite being touted as very similar going into the season - DeAngelo is a cut above offensively and Fox defensively.

Fox is miles above Deangelo defensively. Deangelo cannot defend simple as that.

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
We need Serge more. He has somehow turned into a more defensive asserting defenseman this year. Kind of came out of nowhere. More than happy to keep him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't see a reason for either team to do this trade.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fox has much more potential to be better than Sergachev if he isn’t there already. No way Rangers do this. Also, remember this is Fox’s first season.

Plus, Fox wanted to play for the Rangers, and the Rangers love Fox. Doesn’t make sense to trade someone like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: The S5
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
At the very least, better contract status, RH defense is a more valuable position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->