Proposal: NYR and BOS

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
What would it take from the Rangers to get Jack Studnicka from BOS?

Boston is doing really well so far but have only scored 16 goals in 6 games which is among one of the worst.

This is a hypothetical and I know it’s only 6 games which is not even 10% of the season. Say after 20 games or so, if they continue to struggle to score.

Would they be interested in someone like Kreider?

If BOS trades Studnicka

If NYR trades Kreider

Who adds to the trade?

As a Rangers fan, Studnicka is another piece to see who can potentially stick at the 2C spot of the future.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think the Bruins would be interested in Kreider if he's available but it won't be for Studnicka. The Bruins are pretty high on him and they need to develop a replacement for Bergeron/Krejci.

Reactions: Skelen and bbfan419

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I'd love Studnicka but I doubt he can be had.
The B's don't have much top 6C depth past him if he is actually that.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Boston is more likely to offer a 1st then move Studnicka. I’m not saying their 1st is available.

Rangers might run out of time on a Kreider deal and be forced to do the typical 1st + b prospect trade.

I don’t think Boston is a likely target unless you eat a serious cap dump sandwich like Backes otherwise can they even afford to extend Kreider?

We are talking a team that just bridged their young D stars to make the cap work. I doubt they do that to throw huge money towards an impending UFA especially if David Backes is still on the books.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Bruins have insane depth on the blue line, and very little prospect depth at forward. If they're trading for a winger, which they absolutely need to do, they'll be trading some of their top defense prospects to get it done. Lauzon is likely the best asset available right now from the B's prospect pool. Especially since Kreider is a ufa after this year, I'd offer Lauzon+3rd. 3rd moves to a 2nd if Kreider re-signs.

Reactions: bbfan419

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Bruins have insane depth on the blue line, and very little prospect depth at forward. If they're trading for a winger, which they absolutely need to do, they'll be trading some of their top defense prospects to get it done. Lauzon is likely the best asset available right now from the B's prospect pool. Especially since Kreider is a ufa after this year, I'd offer Lauzon+3rd. 3rd moves to a 2nd if Kreider re-signs.
If it was a 2nd that has a conditional upgrade to a 1st or added 3rd on resigning i think both teams could be really happy with it. Espeically if the 1st is for the 21 draft as it wont be as deep so the bruins arent giving up a 1st in a deep draft.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NYR should have traded him before the season started. Without an actual play-maker, somebody to actually control the game, his play is terrible. He's not playing with Zucc anymore. He's not even playing with Zibanejad. Either put him with Panarin & Zibanejad or get rid of him. His value is going to tank this season if something doesn't change. (I know, it's been 4 games...) At deadline, Bruins might be able to get him a lot cheaper than expected.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I agree with the folks who think the Bruins will be more willing to move their 1st and a 2nd tier prospect.

Kreider will definitely be high on their wishlist, and Sweeney and Gorton have a good relationship.

I also expect them to make some cap room before the deadline. When Kevan Miller is cleared they'll be carrying 8 defensemen. John Moore coming off IR a few weeks later gives them 9 defensemen. So it would make sense for them to move Miller as soon as he shows he can play so they can start banking that $2.75 in cap space.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->