Rumor: NYR (also other teams) checking in with Brian Boyle

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

NHL Rumor Mill – January 7, 2021 | Spectors Hockey

"NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports the Rangers have checked in with free agent Brian Boyle. They need help in the faceoff circle plus there are questions about a vacuum of veteran leadership as well as the makeup and role of the fourth line.
Brooks feels the former Ranger could address those issues but the club informed Boyle they’re taking a wait-and-see approach with their young players. Meanwhile, several other clubs have also reached out to the veteran center"

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Two totally conflicting posts to start.

I know he went through health issues. He was good in Toronto even if it was a short stint. Everything you could ask for in a bottom 6 guy. I understand he’s older now though. Could be either great that he had this much time off or horrible

Reactions: Morrison and BHD

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not much gas in the tank but he'd be a great 13th/taxi squad guy, fantastic in the locker room. If I was a contending team I'd sign him just for his presence, even if he only plays 5-10 games it's worth it imo.

Reactions: BHD

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
oof hang em up, boyle. probably the slowest guy in the league, he makes corey perry look like usain bolt

Reactions: Morrison

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
A few years ago I would have been all for bringing him back. I wasn't a fan through-out most of his run with us, but he won me over his last 2 years in NY. I just think the timing doesn't work. He's not a guy they can slow up and down the line-up anymore. If nobody can make the 4th line, it makes sense, but if any of our prospect can play the 4th line and develop, I can't see Boyle signing on for taxi squad duty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad