Value of: Nyquist, Toffoli, Zucc, or Silfverberg to EDM

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
The Oilers have a gaping need for a top 6 winger right now. What could they realistically offer for one of Nyquist, Toffoli, Zuccarello, or Silfverberg? Puljujarvi or our 2019 1st (protected though, don't want a Hamonic situation) could be on the table, and we'd need to send some cap back. Maybe:

Puljujarvi, Sekera, 3rd?

2019 1st (top 10 protected), Matt Benning, Zack Kassian?

Edit: Obviously you're looking at a different return for each of these players. Nyquist in particular has lower value than the others.

Last edited:

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
The Oilers have a gaping need for a top 6 winger right now. What could they realistically offer for one of Nyquist, Toffoli, Zuccarello, or Silfverberg? Puljujarvi or our 2019 1st (protected though, don't want a Hamonic situation) could be on the table, and we'd need to send some cap back. Maybe:

Puljujarvi, Sekera, 3rd?

2019 1st (top 10 protected), Matt Benning, Zack Kassian?

‘19 1st and a conditional 3rd for Nyquist if he resigns, and I’ll drive him to the airport tomorrow.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers will take your 1st , Sekera and a 3rd for Zuuc.
All Sekera does is block our surplus of young nearly NHL ready dmen from getting a shot

Edmonton doesn’t really have anything that would make me move Zucc to them. Their 2019 1st+ something small would be great but I doubt they’d want to move that unless they were in a playoff position by the TDL which I can’t see happening

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What would it take ?

I don't know, i'm rubbish with player values.

Something like

Lucic, Puljujarvii, 1st top 5 protected (18) 2nd(19) for Tofolli

Which works out as

1st for TT

PP+ 2nd to lose Looch

Kings fans wont like it though

Last edited:

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I don't know, i'm rubbish with player values.

Something like

Lucic, Puljujarvii, 1st top 5 protected (18) 2nd(19) for Tofolli

Which works out as

1st for TT

PP+ 2nd to lose Looch

Kings fans wont like it though

For Lucic to be back on the Kings; it will take Yamamoto+

Sorry Edmonton fans but that is a horrible contract. LA has enough of those things (Brown & Phanuef)

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'd look at someone on the cheap, like Panik, or Frk vs. trading an bigger asset for a winger. That, or see what Cammy or even Nash are thinking about.

Though I think targeting a winger is just dealing with the symptoms vs. the ailment (lack of offence from the Blueline).

I know preseason results are meaningless, but there Oil benefited from playing both Bear and Bouchard at the same time. Going into the season, and choosing to ice just one of them has so far choked the forwards and created a lack off offence on the backend.

A healthy Sekera would be a decent answer (as it was the season before last), but that's not something you can count on. They need a Mike Green or someone of that ilk.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You can worry about your bajillion year old forward core and I'll worry about my team.
I'm not that worried, our forward prospects are looking good (we don't even need a #1 overall pick to have good prospects), and our defense and goalie are young enough while we wait for the kids to come up. Oilers tho..not much will change until that management is out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->