Value of: Nyquist to NJD

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I heard he sneezed and the team is concerned he has an auto immune disorder where he is allergic to playing for a team that has to pay him. Really a shame to see these guys develop these legit incurable ailments.

Yea Chicago really did some 4D chess making a 25 goal 50 point player not play in order to sign Cody Franson simply a genius strategy.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Before we trade Nyquist he needs to show that he still can play in high tempo. He is going to t traded at the end end of the season just like Tatar was

He can play at high tempo. Nyquist is better/more skilled than Tatar but will return far less since he's a rental.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I don't see Zetterberg going to LTIR. I see him retiring like Datsyuk did.

Datsyuk retired so he could sign and play in the KHL. Zetterberg isn't going to play again so he will LTIR out,
if he retires he forgoes the remainder of his contract. Getting paid 5M over the next 3 years to sit on your butt isn't the worst thing,

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Why would Z surrender $5.35 million over the next 3 years? Datsyuks situation was entirely different, He wanted to play in the KHL plus be closer to his daughter. Their situations aren't even remotely close. Z would be foolish to retire and forego that much money in my honest opinion but then again who know's what Z wants.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Why would Z surrender $5.35 million over the next 3 years? Datsyuks situation was entirely different, He wanted to play in the KHL plus be closer to his daughter. Their situations aren't even remotely close. Z would be foolish to retire and forego that much money in my honest opinion but then again who know's what Z wants.

Something about Z that makes me think he doesn't want free money. If he were to LTIR, I think he'll still be involved with the club in some capacity so he feels like he's giving back. Unlike Hossa.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

This doesn't make any sense. Why would Z purposely give up free money AND hurt the Wings cap space by retiring, if he doesn't have to? It's not like he has intentions to play hockey in Russia after retirement.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
That's probably combining them then. I saw $40M for her and $25M for him.

The first site I saw said 40 but didn’t seem as credible to me. I think Z has more than 25. Even with taxes it feels like he’s being making 6+ a year for a decade now.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
And after the back surgery has missed only 5 games (because of a knee injury at 2014 summer training) and has played great hockey.

That back must be in terrible condition. ;)

4 years of hockey with a "bad back" , 61 points/82 games on average and zero missed games because of that...

That back REALLY must be in terrible condition. ;)

Yea and Yzerman injured his knee in 1995 and was pretty much done after that because of his knee problems! Wait...

I remember an interview, where Zetterberg said that his back hurted more years before the injury at Olympics, than it has done after.

Where has Zetterberg said that he has pain on his back currently? I've never seen a single comment.

All speculation comes elsewhere, media, outsiders, etc.

"Ever since my back surgery, that's been one of the goals, to be able to play as many games as possible," Zetterberg said. "But in the same way, you want to be able to do something out there too. You don't just want to put on the skates. You want to be able to produce and help your team."

"Obviously, it would be a lot more fun if we'd still be playing after this weekend. In decision-making, I don't think that has anything to do with it. Health is the key. If I'm not healthy, it's over."

"Zetterberg, who will be 38 on Oct. 9, has played all 82 games the last three seasons, but this past season missed numerous practices to keep the back in condition to play."

Just this summer. Must be hard with that selective memory of yours. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoPiece

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This doesn't make any sense. Why would Z purposely give up free money AND hurt the Wings cap space by retiring, if he doesn't have to? It's not like he has intentions to play hockey in Russia after retirement.

Yeah, there is this double effect. Organization will want to avoid the recapture and player would still get paid those 1+1 millions for 2 years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Brian Rafalski still has to be the toughest animal ever, because he just retired 1 year before contract end for injuries and left that 6M on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->