Value of: Nyquist to NJD

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I mean, currently the Devils have the most cap space available, and the Red Wings have the least amount available. Also, the Devils winger core is pretty weak compared to most teams, so adding another winger to their team would not be a bad idea. What would New Jersey have to give up in order to acquire Nyquist?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
This trade was pretty well recieved by Wings fans when I proposed it from the Oil:

Nyquist (50%) + Svechnikov
For
Oilers 1st (top 10 protect) + Jones + Kassian + Caggiula

*Keep in mind that first is probably in the 15-20 range

Alone, Nyquist's value is probably a late first or early to mid 2nd + 3rd

I'll also chime in that as Wings fans have said, they dont need the cap space. Their youngins are signed and they have more than enough space for next offseason when contracts expire/get moved.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
No real interest in a Nyquist, unless he’s available for a bargain deal. I’d give what Shero gave for Grabner, not much more.

I thought maybe he had a couple years left, similar to a Tatar contract. So I looked at Detroit and their contracts. Holy crap that looks like cap hell for nobody really special. Wtf happened to Holland? Losing touch?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
So I looked at Detroit and their contracts. Holy crap that looks like cap hell for nobody really special. Wtf happened to Holland? Losing touch?

Barring any trades between now and next year, they'll have about $23M in space to sign a goalie, defender, and forward.

Yes, I'm assuming Zetterberg to LTIR.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I mean, currently the Devils have the most cap space available, and the Red Wings have the least amount available. Also, the Devils winger core is pretty weak compared to most teams, so adding another winger to their team would not be a bad idea. What would New Jersey have to give up in order to acquire Nyquist?

2 x 2nds would be fine.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Barring any trades between now and next year, they'll have about $23M in space to sign a goalie, defender, and forward.

Yes, I'm assuming Zetterberg to LTIR.

I heard he sneezed and the team is concerned he has an auto immune disorder where he is allergic to playing for a team that has to pay him. Really a shame to see these guys develop these legit incurable ailments.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So I looked at Detroit and their contracts. Holy crap that looks like cap hell for nobody really special. Wtf happened to Holland? Losing touch?
Did you sleep under a rock for the last 5 years? Wings "cap hell" is pretty much clearing up now. Unless you think simply being up close to the cap ceiling is "cap hell".

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I heard he sneezed and the team is concerned he has an auto immune disorder where he is allergic to playing for a team that has to pay him. Really a shame to see these guys develop these legit incurable ailments.

He's been fighting this back problem for years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's been fighting this back problem for years.

And after the back surgery has missed only 5 games (because of a knee injury at 2014 summer training) and has played great hockey.

That back must be in terrible condition. ;)

4 years of hockey with a "bad back" , 61 points/82 games on average and zero missed games because of that...

That back REALLY must be in terrible condition. ;)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
And after the back surgery has missed only 5 games (because of a knee injury at 2014 summer training) and has played great hockey.

That back must be in terrible condition. ;) 4 years of hockey with a "bad back" and zero missed games because of that...

Didn't practice most of last year.

And I seriously doubt he flew to Sweden to bail out of the Olympics as a ruse to help the team LTIR him.

Reactions: Oddbob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Way to know nothing and make up stuff. This isn't Hossa all of a sudden having an allergy. Zetterberg has had an ailing back since at least 2011-2012, had surgery a few years ago which made it a little better, however he couldn't even practice in the last half of last year, and this offseason he has not been able to prepare anywhere near his normal level.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Didn't practice most of last year.

And I seriously doubt he flew to Sweden to bail out of the Olympics as a ruse to help the team LTIR him.

I'm not denying he didn't have that injury, but the surgery seems to have fixed him perfectly.

Zetterberg has been playing great hockey and never misses a game, so I have hard time to believe he is in a bad condition. Kyle Quincey had the same operation and he told later that the back hasn't been bothering him at all since.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
@Henkka Just because he played every game, does not mean he wasn't hurting! He loves playing, and many players force themselves through pain to play.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
@Henkka Just because he played every game, does not mean he wasn't hurting! He loves playing, and many players force themselves through pain to play.

I remember an interview, where Zetterberg said that his back hurted more years before the injury at Olympics, than it has done after.

Where has Zetterberg said that he has pain on his back currently? I've never seen a single comment.

All speculation comes elsewhere, media, outsiders, etc.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm not denying he didn't have that injury, but the surgery seems to have fixed him perfectly.

Zetterberg has been playing great hockey and never misses a game, so I have hard time to believe he is in a bad condition. Kyle Quincey had the same operation and he told later that the back hasn't been bothering him at all since.

If so, he hopefully makes his $3M this year, and it's all a show for next year.

Rasmussen, and potentially Zadina, could benefit a lot from getting a year with him. Maybe he could finally get AA to pull his head out of his ass too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad