Confirmed with Link: Nyquist signs with CBJ (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
We have been a dominant overtime team the last 2 seasons. 9-3 in 2017-18 and 8-3 last year. Panarin’s wizardry was a big part of that. Overtime is where I think we will miss Panarin the most.

Nyquist isn't a slouch when it comes to OT, either. He thrives in open space but is also extremely good in close. Obviously he's not of Panarin's caliber but, the Jackets will be just fine in OT games. There's a reason why we were one of the best OT teams and that reason wasn't solely because of #9.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
We have been a dominant overtime team the last 2 seasons. 9-3 in 2017-18 and 8-3 last year. Panarin’s wizardry was a big part of that. Overtime is where I think we will miss Panarin the most.

People don't look at this near enough. Thanks for bringing it up.

It's not just about Panarin. It's about an unsustainable exhibition performance which has been the only reason why this team was a playoff team the past 2 seasons. With .500 3 on 3 OT records, the CBJ would not have qualified for the post season either season. Bob's goaltending prowess in OT can't be dismissed either (I am assuming he played the lions share of the games).

Last edited:
Reactions: EspenK

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
worth mentioning that tweet is a year and 7 months old.

Also worth mentioning, is simply the actual names on the list.

Again, some people think that Bobrovsky is the only person who impacts his GAA or SV%. These people, well, nvm. He plays behind 5 other guys, 3 in OT. You know who 1/3 of those guys is, the actual/ONLY 1 guy who actually plays defense in OT, yup you guessed it, current CBJ player, 24 year old, Norris candidate, 10-tool player, SETH MUTHERf***IN JONES!!

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Seems like this is the Nyquist thread.

I really like Nyquist as a player. It felt like he was Detroit’s biggest scoring threat for quite a few years there, and lately he’s slipped more under the radar with the development of Larkin and AA. He’ll certainly pencil in nicely any wing spot in the top 6. Hopefully he can continue without slowing down for at least 3 years of this contract. I think he will get every opportunity to step into as many of Bread’s minutes as possible, while we continue to see Dubois develop as more and more of a force.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
1PP opposite Cam, 60+ point season, career high. That's my prediction. He has yet to realize his offensive potential. He's going to do well here.

Reactions: Palm Tree

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Allow me to take this opportunity to beg people, when talking about projected lines and parings and whatnot, to always use player name and not numbers. No, this is not a board policy, it's a personal plea.

I'm going to tell everyone it's a board policy. Also no game day lineups posted without a source.

Reactions: Viqsi

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Allow me to take this opportunity to beg people, when talking about projected lines and parings and whatnot, to always use player name and not numbers. No, this is not a board policy, it's a personal plea.

It’s needed a lot of times on Twitter due to character length/formatting, but yeah, we should prob not use it here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad