Speculation: Nyquist "out sick" tonight

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Like I said in the other thread, Nyquist has only missed 6 games since becoming an NHL regular 6 years ago, and they all came in 1 season from 1 injury in 16-17.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Nielsen sat out yesterday with the flu. Nyq could have caught it from him.

There was also speculation that Nielsen wasn't actually sick because he took some hard hits against Ottawa the game before.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
well i mean eklund said caps were going hard after him and then a few hours later it was reported that wings asked him if he would waive soooooo :sarcasm:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Like I said in the other thread, Nyquist has only missed 6 games since becoming an NHL regular 6 years ago, and they all came in 1 season from 1 injury in 16-17.

He was actually suspended for spearing. Those are the only games he has missed that I remember.

I think the Detroit room does have the flu though.

If they are close on something, he really should sit anyway.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
He was actually suspended for spearing. Those are the only games he has missed that I remember.

I think the Detroit room does have the flu though.

If they are close on something, he really should sit anyway.

You're right. For some reason I was thinking the spearing happened in the playoffs, but I think I was confusing that with Kronwall's lone game playoff suspension.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, it sounded like HSJ's voice asking Blash if Nyquist's illness was the same as Nielsen's, to which he says "....my understanding its [sic] a little bit different." Then he looks down like he's trying to avoid smiling and when he looks up he's smirking, lol. Can anybody hear it clearly?

Doesn't mean he'll definitely get traded but it could totally be preventative measures for a pending trade. Tempers flared a bit yesterday in Philly and Nyquist himself got in a rare spat (with Konecny). They're playing Philly again tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad