Speculation: Nylander XII - The Saga Continues (ALL NYLANDER DISCUSSION HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Karlsson has in many ways made Vlasic sort of obsolete. His wife spends a good part of the year up in Canada as is. For the right price, we could definitely part with him. It’s not a 60pt winger though. You guys would definitely have to add.

So in other words, he's not expendable for Nylander. Next...

I wouldn't take a 31 year old defensive defenseman who's making 7 million dollars for the next 8 years as the return anyway. Vlasic is good now but doesn't fit our window, he's a lefty, and I'm not certain how much longer he'll maintain his level for. Defensive D are the ones that break down first.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I can't help you if you don't see how stupid it would be to sit Nylander for a whole season.

I don't think we have any facts on what exactly Nylander is asking now and what Toronto has offered?
Willy is a free agent albeit a restricted free agent. It is highly likely at this point that his agent has spoken to teams who are gauging his demands. There have been no leaks refuting his ask of 8MM+ for a long term deal. The leafs have no interest in lowballing an offer for less than his closest comparable Ehlers and likely has come pretty close to a Pastrnak deal. In fact, it would be in his agent's best interest to publicly reveal a low ball deal in order to curry public opinion because leaf fans would be outraged. The evidence points to the likelihood of the multiple rumors saying the same thing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Willy is a free agent albeit a restricted free agent. It is highly likely at this point that his agent has spoken to teams who are gauging his demands. There have been no leaks refuting his ask of 8MM+ for a long term deal. The leafs have no interest in lowballing an offer for less than his closest comparable Ehlers and likely has come pretty close to a Pastrnak deal. In fact, it would be in his agent's best interest to publicly reveal a low ball deal in order to curry public opinion because leaf fans would be outraged. The evidence points to the likelihood of the multiple rumors saying the same thing.

That's not facts.

& If he asks that you trade him for Pesce and be happy you addressed your biggest weakness, finally.

Lmao its more stupid to overpay for a rfa than make him sit till he signs what hes worth...

Do you have any facts for that?

&I'm pretty sure they can get a offer for Nylander, and why expect sitting him for a year would improve his situation at all.
I'd bet he'd be done with the team after that, and his trade value just gets lower if it gets to next summer.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Hamonic is 28 and will be a UFA after next season.

Pesce is 23 and will be a UFA after the 23-24 season.

Try again.

I'm talking about the type of players they compare to, not talking about age or contractual status.

Regardless, i believe the Leafs will sign Nylander whether it be a bridge or long term

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
I'm not a Carolina fan but you brought up Hamonic, and like Nylander is as valuable as Aho.

Sitting Nylander just makes life easier for us other Atlantic division team fans.

But lives for other Atlantic division teams would get harder if Nylander were traded for multiple quality payers coming back to the Leafs

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm talking about the type of players they compare to, not talking about age or contractual status.

Regardless, i believe the Leafs will sign Nylander whether it be a bridge or long term

That's not a great way to look at things. In that case you could just as easily say they're offering Vlasic for Sven Andrighetto. You need to take level of player, and contract/age into account. Otherwise whats even the point?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Kadri Tavares Hyman
Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Marleau Nylander Marner

_____ Lindholm Brown

Leivo Gauthier Ennis Grundstrom

which line would be most heavily checked?
which line would see 3rd pairings/4th lines?
which line would score the most?​

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Kadri Tavares Hyman
Marleau Nylander Marner

_____ Lindholm Brown

Did you use a random line generator?
Take Kadri off C for a lesser caliber C?
Johnsson who can't stay on his skates or stay in the lineup goes up to the Matthews line?

Yeeesh.

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
Did you use a random line generator?
Take Kadri off C for a lesser caliber C?
Johnsson who can't stay on his skates or stay in the lineup goes up to the Matthews line?

Yeeesh.
Eh johnsson might do well on matthews line. Hes fast and skilled and some times its hard for those guys to excel in a lesser role, we saw a similar situation with Kapanen, he was good but when he got the chance to play on a super star's line he started lighting it up.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Eh johnsson might do well on matthews line. Hes fast and skilled and some times its hard for those guys to excel in a lesser role, we saw a similar situation with Kapanen, he was good but when he got the chance to play on a super star's line he started lighting it up.
Andreas Johnsson is not a 1st line NHL winger.

Kapanen has elite speed and can stay on his feet.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Kadri Tavares Hyman
Marleau Nylander Marner

_____ Lindholm Brown

Kadri has looked good again with his current liberated linemates.

Maybe when Matthews is back put him with Nylander and Johnson, and leave the rest the same?
Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnson/Brown Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Kapannen
Johnson/ Brown Lindholm Leivo
GOAT Ennis(I see him going to the AHL when Nylander signs)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It does matter.
Leafs are having problems with signing him as everyone can easily see, which could lead to situation where Leafs have to trade him. This isn't the time where Nylanders trade value is at it's highest.

You're asking too much for him even when you tried to argue otherwise.
The Leafs will not "have to trade him"...they own his rights.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm not a Carolina fan but you brought up Hamonic, and like Nylander is as valuable as Aho.

Sitting Nylander just makes life easier for us other Atlantic division team fans.
Ya, Pittsburg really took advantage last night.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The fact that you want Nylander so much (sending 3 scouts when the player is not even playing) and the Leafs unwillingness of trading him tells me you gotta overpay like Phil Kessel from BOS to TO overypay

Canes only sent their AGM and a couple measly scouts. Dubas personally came to Carolina to drool over Pesce. Clearly Toronto is adding a 1st.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ya, Pittsburg really took advantage last night.

Last I checked Pens aren't in the Atlantic and that wasn't a playoff game.
You can't seriously think you're the same team without Nylander than with him.

The Leafs will not "have to trade him"...they own his rights.

If he refuses to sign then they have to trade, him, or absolutely should.

Sitting him for a year would be the stupidest thing they could do.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Lol if the best offer is a 7th rounder, trading him would be the stupidest thing they could do.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

so Dubas should cave, when he has all the leverage? yeah right. We all know William will take what Dubas is offering by Dec 1st. or he will be the silly one.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Not gonna lie, being a long time Leafs fan and having many times wished for teams to trade us great players....it's nice to be on the other side for once. I am actually enjoying fans of rumored teams (Canes/Kings) throwing their sales pitches and telling we Leafs fans it is the right thing to do....it's refreshing.

Nylander isn't on the block.....

Reactions: NoName and marty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad